Can't hear the announcer

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PseudoMuerte

01-10-2012

i too am having intermittent issues not hearing the announcer. i cannot pin point a certain time, but it seems that more often that not, when i am not involed in a turret kill, i don't hear anything, but if i do help kill it, i get the sound. Champ kills are also sporatic and i cannot find a common theme. sometimes i cannot hear a kill that someone makes and then i hear the "double kill" call. i thought it was my game install, but i did the repair (be careful w/that btw, it will wipe your masteries pages... ) and it said it didn't find any errors. just thought i'd throw in my 2 cents. also, i don't mind posting my comp specs, to see if maybe there is something in common w/ all of our rigs.

DanzoStar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey Verlada,

Is the problem only with announcements for turret kills, or are you having problems with all announcements? Were haven't been able to repro any of these announcer problems yet, so more specific information would be very helpful.

Thanks!
I have the same problem, except i can't hear anything at all from the announcer, no first blood, double kills, minions have spawned. Nothing at all

frozt tee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Random ones dont play for me. Like it will say double kill but not triple. i miss the epic buildup to penta

thereggin

01-14-2012

i have no announcer sounds either. no minions spawned first blood.. any kills or deaths... not even taunt or laugh from champions

Foxflare

01-14-2012

I also have this problem - it seems random. Sometimes I hear them, most of the time I don't. Happens with turrets and champions (both for ally/enemy kills). A lot of the time the only notification I get that a kill happened is the death timer on the scoreboard in the small Counter-Striike-esque window that comes up to snapshot a kill.

Bardiel8

03-02-2012

Having this issue as of the last patch.

Not only is the announcer not working AT ALL but I've also lost about half of my in game sound effects. Things such as pings have no sound. About half of the abilities for champions have sounds. Even buying items plays no sounds. I havent touched a single setting and even after checking the in game sound options theres nothing out of place. The sounds that DO work, work just fine.

wtf?

DemiLurax

04-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey Verlada,

Is the problem only with announcements for turret kills, or are you having problems with all announcements? Were haven't been able to repro any of these announcer problems yet, so more specific information would be very helpful.

Thanks!
i know this is an outdated issue, but since i've got this problem just today i'd like to share what i've got.

first of all i was re-downloading & installing LoL because i had some bugs in the client (i've made a backup files of the old client)

after i finished downloading and installing it, i have got this trouble of not hearing any announcer voice or champs voices, and after along searches i've came up with an idea to try to find what is missing in the client by comparing the old client with the new downloaded.

here is what i've got : in the new client this path (C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_game_client_en_us\manage dfiles) had 200mbs however the old client had around 2.2gigs so i tried to copy the old client's managedfiles to the new client and that fixed the problem completely ...

i hope that helps any future solutions and i think this is a problem on the autopatcher after reinstalling the game, like it missed ALOT of files to download.

also i've noticed another problem, that when league of legends update it never removes the old useless folders which takes a holy LOT of space (old client total size : around 10 gigs, new client total size : around 5 gigs)

Jon Never Rage

09-02-2013

This just happened to me and i made sure my sound volumes were correct. Still no announcements whatsoever. It is weird and i hope i can fix it soon.

NolanP10

01-12-2014

I just pressed restore default a couple times and the banner and announcer came back!