What champs are good on Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestgreen02 View Post
Please don't encourage more of the same same champs.
>>Someone gives out good advice

wow riot stop telling people to play the same game winning champs everyone else does

>>Someone gives out bad advice

wow riot doesn't know how to play their own game what a bunch of nooblords

just can't win

Qbe

01-06-2012

Singed and Morgana are pretty good bots as well. Just pushpushpush all game long and if they try to gank you, your team can take top or kill the others, and if played well you should survive even a 3 man gank.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH View Post
>>Someone gives out good advice

wow riot stop telling people to play the same game winning champs everyone else does

>>Someone gives out bad advice

wow riot doesn't know how to play their own game what a bunch of nooblords

just can't win
Yes down vote me more. Advice to players is to play Rammus, Vayne, Shaco, Pantheon, Kog, Yorick, Ryze. That's some seriously good advice, play only popular champs and ignore everything else. This has cause a **** ton of problems in Dominion and she's not helping it, ever wonder why people complain about blind pick then go do draft and ban the same champs every game. I am however not condomning her suggestion that all champs are viable, just not to tell everyone to do the same ****. Sorry, I like variety in my games, not see the same **** over and over. I'll honestly like to hear more from OTHER RIOTERS other than her and hear their input on this.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Someone is mad because someone else answered the OP's question

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-06-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strayal View Post
Don't forget Cass!
this is funny if you look at my match history.

Quote:
That's some seriously good advice, play only popular champs and ignore everything else.
actually, i wanted to make sure that i wasn't sending that message, hence my edit.
i definitely wouldn't say to ignore any champions on dominion, especially all the ones i didn't list. you'll notice i left out a few ban-worthy champions, as well as other really strong picks.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-06-2012

Quote:
That's some seriously good advice, play only popular champs and ignore everything else.
The popular champs are popular because they are the easiest to be successful with. If your intention of playing the game is to win (why else would OP make this thread), then yes, giving a person to a list of champions who would most increase their chances of winning is indeed seriously good advice.

As for the second part, stop making things up just to fuel your weak argument. Let me quote rickless' post in full:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
generic advice:
if you're going top, play an 'assassin' (burst damage champ), fighter, or carry with high mobility--blinks, dashes, and in some cases movement speed steroids.
if you're going bot, play an extremely strong 1v1 laner. ability to push, kite, sustain, and kill are all important. also, it's strongly advised that you take a champion that scales well with gold.

examples of good champs:
top--kassassdin, leblanc, talon, fizz, shaco (ad), pantheon, wukong, riven, poppy, vayne, graves, and caitlyn.
bot--yorick, ryze, cassi, jarvin, heimer, urgot, and maokai.

note that the mage and carry champs i listed can pretty much go top or bot without issue.
edit: also, i don't really think that any champions are bad picks (unless they're not needed for the team comp). you can do well with pretty much anyone if you build/play them properly for the map. i just listed the more popular champs for each starting role.
Do you see the suggestion of "ignore everything else" in there? No. That's something in your head that you put there mate. Hell, rickless even gives you a general idea of what qualities you want to look for in a top or bot champ if you want to play something that's not on that list.

Quote:
This has cause a **** ton of problems in Dominion
unless your game somehow incentivizes losing or doesn't properly incentivize winning, people are going to try to win. that's a given.

Does it really cause problems if everyone plays the same champ? What if, and humor me on this one, the game is actually the most fun and most competitive when people are only playing the top champs? Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't. Who knows? It's not something worth getting your panties in a bunch for unless you're an oracle or you work in the game design division of Riot Games.

The game is what it is, have fun with it while its still in this state. One day you might look back and say "man I really wish I could play the old OP Udyr..."

The only real problems I can see arising people only playing top champs is that it creates a barrier of entry for new players, that if they aren't loaded with IP the only champs they can play are Ryze, Sivir, Poppy, Kayle, or Soraka....

and it's not as though that problem doesn't exist in Classic either, where you can go ahead and cross Kayle and Poppy off that list of decent 450 IP champions. Actually, Classic is probably worse in that regard.

Quote:
she's not helping it
rickless is a dude

i think

Quote:
Sorry, I like variety in my games, not see the same **** over and over.
Well, that's your opinion. OP was just asking for help on getting that VICTORY and people were giving him that help.

I do like variety myself (that being why my game history isn't just all Yorick), but in my experience you're not going to convince people to change the way they play by just whining on the forums. If you want people to start playing Taric, or Evelynn, or Warwick, or Miss Fortune, you gotta do it yourself, get good results, and show people that yeah, you too can be successful with these champs.

People didn't just suddenly start playing jungle Evelynn because they thought it'd be funny. They did it because someone else showed them that you could do it and be successful.

Trebby

01-06-2012

Quote:
Please don't encourage more of the same same champs. Since you just listed all the same same champions that people play ONLY. Sometimes I feel like Riot should just disable all champions OTHER then the ones listed.

Why would you play (for example) Tristana over Vayne in Dominion ? The later can STUN while knocking back >>AND<< Stealth while running away. Not to mention her TRUE damage which really helps against Tank and "tough carry".

This is the Metagame. Most people play to win so they take the best champions to fulfill their roles.

...and personally, I do not miss champions like Annie or Ashe who can perform well in SR but kind of sucks at Dominion.

evilXkilla

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebby View Post
Why would you play (for example) Tristana over Vayne in Dominion ? The later can STUN while knocking back >>AND<< Stealth while running away. Not to mention her TRUE damage which really helps against Tank and "tough carry".

This is the Metagame. Most people play to win so they take the best champions to fulfill their roles.

...and personally, I do not miss champions like Annie or Ashe who can perform well in SR but kind of sucks at Dominion.
Amazing AS buff throughout the entire game, a healing debuff that automatically counters numerous champions that rely on it - oh and longest range in the entire game. Tristana is perhaps the best carry that scales into late game.

Can't think of a single champion that can't be made "viable" it's just a matter of some being more situational than others, some champs also require a bit if building around them to cover their weaknesses.

If you think Ashe sucks you must have never played against waterd

urmamasllama

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilXkilla View Post
Amazing AS buff throughout the entire game, a healing debuff that automatically counters numerous champions that rely on it - oh and longest range in the entire game. Tristana is perhaps the best carry that scales into late game.

Can't think of a single champion that can't be made "viable" it's just a matter of some being more situational than others, some champs also require a bit if building around them to cover their weaknesses.

If you think Ashe sucks you must have never played against waterd
right on i personally like karma up top with a melee AD

Fenthis

01-06-2012

2 weeks ago i hard carried a team with AP karma tag teaming with a leona, against a large list of "Core champions" Such as rammus poppy ryze. quiet frankly there is no "Good" champion to go under the radar. just the ones that are easy to play learn to play Lee-sin high reward Build a proper eve and play her properly and you will do some serious damage to the enemy team in both their mentality and their health pools. Tank Tryndamere for hours with a passive 60 extra armour. heals and a stun,

Quiet frankly after seeing ryze for about the 12th time you pick up on his tricks and learn afew to counter him. its the unusual champions that take the enemy team by suprise.