THE ******* ****lNG LORE IS ON HOLD, ****!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sie Toten

01-06-2012

well i am dissapoint. the lore was a fun time to waste after dodging a game...

BaconGobbler

01-06-2012

Bump for letters to Tryndamere and Renekton Bot in a costume!

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

There is still going to be Lore, there will not be any side addition pieces of Lore provided by the Journal of Justice and Champion Judgements. This again does not translate into an absolute 'no more Lore'.

sleepyj101

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstcase View Post
There is still going to be Lore, there will not be any side addition pieces of Lore provided by the Journal of Justice and Champion Judgements. This again does not translate into an absolute 'no more Lore'.
We get a update on what they plan to do with the Lore in a few months. That's an update not the new Lore itself.

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMessiah View Post
Zero ****s given about lore, right here.

All of you downvote me twice: once for missing the point of the thread and once for zero ****s given
I'm not adding your stupid face to the letter, then.

SirtyStan

01-06-2012

First of all, I <3 Renekton (the Champion). He's my main. But yeah... So far this letter makes no sense. Maybe we can make a lore of why no more lore is being made, as a fan-made thing. Like "Yeah, we've just had a bunch of Champions itching to join the League in such a short time, and we were so pressed for time that we couldn't ask each of them for their backgrounds so we really just made them up and made them look good. Sincerely, the League."

Wilfred Brimley

01-06-2012

p.s. if the lore could be read in haiku form, and recorded on cassette tape with the voice sty-lings of Morgan Freeman, that would be swell.

Renekton Bot

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirtyStan View Post
First of all, I <3 Renekton (the Champion). He's my main. But yeah... So far this letter makes no sense. Maybe we can make a lore of why no more lore is being made, as a fan-made thing. Like "Yeah, we've just had a bunch of Champions itching to join the League in such a short time, and we were so pressed for time that we couldn't ask each of them for their backgrounds so we really just made them up and made them look good. Sincerely, the League."
That's not my fault, I'm relying on you guys here.

XalonX

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
Alright so about three of you may have seen this:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1680645

Summarized, no more lore for a million years*

I know most of you care about the lore, even when you say you don't. You guys liked the judgments, and you liked the journal, but you didn't know how much you liked it until it was gone.

Well now it is gone, and we're left with only the vague promise of something "new" which will probably be like a puppet show or something. **** that.

Now for a long time I've been trying to coerce Riot into getting us more lore, and after studying the Riot hierarchy I've decided that the janitor actually doesn't have any power of these things. So I'm going straight to the top.

Ryze.

Except I haven't actually seen him ever so let's go with

Tryndamere.

Since he's the co-founder and "co" is Latin for "just as good"

The following is an open letter to the barbarian king himself in which we will voice our displeasure at the loss of our favorite part of the game** and beg for more, or at least beg that they start paying me to do the lore and I'll promise to actually put effort into my judgments and stuff and do other things I guess.

here we go.

Okay, there. Feel free to add a sentence or two of your own. When it's done I'll go ahead and email him the completed thing***

*not an accurate statement

**yes it is shut up

***if this thread reaches an arbitrary**** number of upvotes I'll hand him a physical copy of the letter in person and probably in costume.

Screw nasus, gief me moar renekton

Zachaeus

01-06-2012

Hopefully this new lore thing will be around soon.

Also, obligatory "posting in a Renekton Bot thread."