Last Call on Snowdown Showdown Skins!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
These skins are not "Limited Edition" and are just "Legacy," therefore they will most likely be back next year.
WHAT!?

Just, WHAAAAT?! Most likely as in never or most likely as in Riot plans to start bringing back season skins? WTB Silent Night Sona! >.>

Probably just trolling or something though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megore View Post
Can I buy one of the older ones? I don't like any of the ones this year. Its like you guys don't want money.
Agreed, also why downvotes? Does it make you feel better downvoting me?

aFineWayToDie

01-06-2012

Why can't people just enjoy skins for what they are? Seriously, who the hell cares if they come out again next year? Anyone who buys the holiday skins just because they're branded as "limited" is a sap. It doesn't affect the aesthetics of the skin if they're re-released and other people buy them. Skins are supposed to be interesting cosmetic changes, not limited collectables. If the only joy you can find in a limited skin is in the fact that other people don't have the opportunity to purchase it, then you shouldn't have bought the skin in the first place.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
WHAT!?

Just, WHAAAAT?! Most likely as in never or most likely as in Riot plans to start bringing back season skins? WTB Silent Night Sona! >.>

Probably just trolling or something though...
All skins previous to Showdown 2011 that were limited(Olympics, World Cup, Showdown 2009-10, Harrowing 09-11, Urf) will not be coming back. Ever(unless you get the recruit a friends amount to unlock everything of course). Everything from Showdown 2011 on...such as any Olympic skins we may get in 2012, or Harrowing and such next year will be "Legacy" skins like the crappy ones they removed from the store after Thanksgiving.

This means they may come and go as Riot pleases and they can make money as they won't always be around, but they won't get all the "Can I have Kitty Kat kat skin plzzzz I give moneyz" every week or so.

It's smart of them, but also really annoying.

Noirbunnie

01-06-2012

Only bought the Leblanc one lol. Thinkin about getting hiem but Idk

Slappy The Goose

01-06-2012

They should get custom skins and sell them in their shop, with the person who contributed the skin receiving 10% of the RP. No more bad skins, everyone's happy.

TenDz

01-06-2012

still not getting the gangplank skin..

Kaio Fernandes

01-06-2012

alright RiotLaura, I'm still deciding between maokai - heimer - new kat skin.

deathribbon

01-06-2012

eh the skins werent that good, maybe u guys should have a sale on them?

Nekokeki

01-06-2012

I love my Christmas Tree!

Kaio Fernandes

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixson View Post
All skins previous to Showdown 2011 that were limited(Olympics, World Cup, Showdown 2009-10, Harrowing 09-11, Urf) will not be coming back. Ever(unless you get the recruit a friends amount to unlock everything of course). Everything from Showdown 2011 on...such as any Olympic skins we may get in 2012, or Harrowing and such next year will be "Legacy" skins like the crappy ones they removed from the store after Thanksgiving.

This means they may come and go as Riot pleases and they can make money as they won't always be around, but they won't get all the "Can I have Kitty Kat kat skin plzzzz I give moneyz" every week or so.

It's smart of them, but also really annoying.
I would pay 50US$ for Kitty Kat and another 50US$ for Rudolph Kog'Maw.