Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Message to Lore Fans: Where our Lore is Going

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

01-06-2012

I'm so happy at hearing something I could cry.

Disappointing to hear the stuff we've loved is leaving, but it's heartening to know that's only because you think you can do better.

1Eredale

01-06-2012

First off, I'd like to thank you for this post, and doubtlessly tha would be in the name of many others visiting this forum.

As a side note in my post, it is, of course, one bit sad for me that the Judgements will no longer be published - in most cases, they have provided in-depth looks on what went on in Champion's minds, their true character. They made it possible to derive from that behavior, and write out realistic actions of said Champions if we write a story, or a fanfic, or roleplay as them.

The Journal of Justice... I hope that won't be the final conclusion of those series; after all, all of its issues had the "Volume 1" stamp on them, which implies for a second Volume to come out in the future. Journal's best issues were a great source of information, and the Mailbag of Justice gave us an invaluable understanding on events behind simple game mechanics.

All in all, considering that those two take their leave and make their way for something newer and greater, I am very excited to see that Riot has not given up on Lore, and will continue its development. But at the same time, I keep wondering about one thing.

That's the first of your posts I saw - does that mean that the Creative team has been restaffed? I know that information about their staff isn't something that companies usually share, but... still.

Hope you read my post :3

Larcent

01-06-2012

Quote:
RiotRaven:
Dear fans of League of Legends lore:

You've undoubtedly noticed that we have not released Judgments for our most recent characters, nor have we updated the Journal of Justice within recent months. While we have enjoyed providing you with these additional windows into the Lore of our Champions and the world of Runeterra, we have come to realize that the formats we'd chosen have their limitations. Judgments are stories limited in that they occur only during the intake of a Champion into the League of Legends. The Journal of Justice is limited in that it can only contain in-setting journalistic articles. We have found that these limitations are preventing us from providing you with the background and stories that we really want to share with you, ones that will better appeal to a broad audience.

We have been examining the best way to do this and are still in the process of doing so. However, in the mean time, we will no longer be releasing Judgments. We need to take the time we put into those pieces of fiction and apply it towards finding a better solution. We will be concluding the in-progress storylines and completing the Journal of Justice over two issues, as soon as we spin up the required art resources.

We should have a clearer picture of what will fill these Lore vacuums over the coming months and will keep you updated. Thank you for caring about the Lore behind League of Legends. We promise that what comes next will satisfy!

I am looking forward to your upcoming soap opera, "As the Rammus Turns."

DreamsOfGrandeur

01-06-2012

While I'm unsure of how many people even knew the Journal of Justice existed... (it wasn't exactly popular, I'm sure of that)

I know a lot more people enjoyed the Judgment.
It was a subtle but deep look into the new characters joining the League.

While I like that you writers at Riot at trying to improve your act, I really do hope you bring Judgments back. There's nothing wrong with a spark of insight on the intake of a champion. It really encourages us to want to buy them, it makes us relate to them and love them more.

Silverling

01-06-2012

May I request that you sticky this thread so people might stop making threads on the subject at a daily basis? ».»

Also, darn... I'll miss the judgments and JoJ. I enjoyed reading them greatly, but I'm certain you guys will work something out that will be amazing in return. :3

ladygagaissexy

01-06-2012

Quote:
Renekton Bot:
Don't worry Raven, I've got this covered:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1466256

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1514381

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=18461124

Renekton Bot for president.

Vuther

01-06-2012

Quote:
RiotRaven:
We have found that these limitations are preventing us from providing you with the background and stories that we really want to share with you, ones that will better appeal to a broad audience.

I wonder if this means "tons of shipping material" as many media works have.

Mephew

01-06-2012

Very nice we have a response.

Nystrum

01-06-2012

R.I.P judgements i will miss you

Birdy51

01-06-2012

It's going to be hard saying good bye to league judgements and the Journal...

I'm hoping this will end up being a good decision. ;.;