A Message to Lore Fans: Where our Lore is Going

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 32
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotRaven

Sr. Creative Designer

01-06-2012
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Dear fans of League of Legends lore:

You've undoubtedly noticed that we have not released Judgments for our most recent characters, nor have we updated the Journal of Justice within recent months. While we have enjoyed providing you with these additional windows into the Lore of our Champions and the world of Runeterra, we have come to realize that the formats we'd chosen have their limitations. Judgments are stories limited in that they occur only during the intake of a Champion into the League of Legends. The Journal of Justice is limited in that it can only contain in-setting journalistic articles. We have found that these limitations are preventing us from providing you with the background and stories that we really want to share with you, ones that will better appeal to a broad audience.

We have been examining the best way to do this and are still in the process of doing so. However, in the mean time, we will no longer be releasing Judgments. We need to take the time we put into those pieces of fiction and apply it towards finding a better solution. We will be concluding the in-progress storylines and completing the Journal of Justice over two issues, as soon as we spin up the required art resources.

We should have a clearer picture of what will fill these Lore vacuums over the coming months and will keep you updated. Thank you for caring about the Lore behind League of Legends. We promise that what comes next will satisfy!

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

01-06-2012

Thanks for this update.

I updated the main Lore sticky post with this information. Thank you all for your support through the years. I hope to be around to continue the Lore excitement when the time comes. In the meantime I will continue to be as helpful as I can throughout the community forums.

Sincerely,

-Sylph
Runeterra Chronicler

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Don't worry Raven, I've got this covered:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1466256

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1514381

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=18461124

edit: I should post this here, too:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1681312

Valcio

01-06-2012

no more JoJ makes me sad
Tho I hope we can still E-mail Runnan and get some funny champion answers.

Jixson

Senior Recruiter

01-06-2012

Any plans on novels? I would enjoy novels on some of the Champions/Locations and such. Not saying with need a Noxion/Demacian book only, but I would read them.

Tenebrae Corvus

01-06-2012

Interesting. I would like to add that the Iionian-Noxus War and the Kalamanda Disaster were two parts of the lore that had impact and shaped the game. Maybe using similar story arcs centred on different parts of the lore like champions, items or maps would be a better way of showing the world of Runeterra. If they also affect, even if subtly, the game they would become much more memorable like the aforementioned two.

Elleonora

Recruiter

01-06-2012

Thanks for letting us know.

Tachoman

01-06-2012

Just a suggestion: maybe put this in the GD forum? I know this is Lore-related, but most people will not see this post unless they check the Dev Tracker or usually go to the Lore forums..

SmokeBombClock

01-06-2012

I was wondering! I LOVED the Judgments! :[

cwcriner

01-06-2012

I loved judgments and the JoJ. Sure they were small stories; but judgement gave us our first glimpses into the characters (fitting considering for many it was the first contact the institute had as well); though the JoJ was far better at contextuallizing promotional events and while I wish I knew whether the Javan with the prisioners was the real one; I can live not knowing.

1234511 ... 32