How do you use Garrison?

Mostly offensively 7 15.56%
Mostly defensively 16 35.56%
Both about equally 14 31.11%
I don't use it 8 17.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: How do you use Garrison?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoungBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

I always run Garrison and Ghost when I play Dominion because I don't find Heal, Flash, or any of the other summoners to be nearly as good.

I want to know how other players use it so that I can max its potential in game. The spell can be used either offensively or defensively, but I seem to only find it useful on offense.

In most of my games I lane bot and find that if I play aggressively enough to force my opponent back to their point I can often Garrison and kill them to take the point without the turret really interfering. At other stages, I use it similarly. If the enemy is huddling on point I will ping them, Garrison, and have my team rush them while the turret is nearly useless for a few seconds. We almost always manage to kill them before Garrison ends and then proceed to cap the point. I've take dozens of otherwise well defended capture points with the offensive power of Garrison.

Is there some powerful defensive aspect of Garrison that I'm missing? I know it ups the turret regen to a very noticeable rate, but even that seems pretty slow and if the point is about to be taken anyway, especially with minions, it does very little. If the enemy manages to kill you before Garrison ends it will then become totally useless as their capture will prevent the turret from firing. I often find that when I use it on defense I've ended up wasting the spell. Sure, I've saved a point or two with it, but not nearly as often as when I've still lost it.

lbgsloan

01-06-2012

I nearly always run it when I'm bottom, and take it top whenever I'm a tank/tanky DPS if nobody else does. Bottom it's usually used defencively whenever I get ganked and dived at my tower, or if I'm getting badly outpushed and need a breather. Top is about 50/50 offence/defence. Wins windmill fights when you control the point, lets you dive the enemy windmill without taking damage. I rarely regret taking it and my second summoner. The only drawback is people take it as sign you're volunteering for bottom, and may expect you to go there with a subpar champion.

Basoosh

01-06-2012

It's nice to have for offensive use up top. Being able to dive is useful and often surprising to the enemy team.

I've always found it very mediocre defensively. Other summoners can be just as good or better, if I'm getting dived. And those other summoners don't have the major drawback of only being usable around turrets. I see very little use for it bottom. If you are in a position where you would want to dive the enemy laner bot, nine times out of ten, you can just continue pushing the lane instead and let minions neutralize. Or you can just straight up dive them without Garrison.

If you need it defensively bottom, well, you've got bigger problems that Garrison isn't going to solve.

The Wrongsword

01-06-2012

Defensive garrison:

- higher turret damage
- regens the team's control of the turret
- 50% splash dmg (with mastery)
- interrupts turret captures when cast

Just use it defensively once they start to cap to interrupt their cap, that gets you a couple free turret hits

Ardailec

01-06-2012

I prefer defensively when I use it on Malphite since I can usually tank/hold their turret when we jump for it.

So many times I've held top 3v1 thanks to garrison.

larkhill

01-06-2012

i play bot almost exclusively so i use it defensively.

if im going leona top or something, i'll use it for offensive dive's.

otherwise, i just dont get it.

Whi

01-06-2012

I usually use it w/ rammus. Roll to the turret and activate garrison to stop other team from capturing.

I would say out of 10, 7 would be defensively/ 3 would be offensively.

Shaxtenn

01-06-2012

Defensively, I use it to interrupt caps if I'm too far away, or bring a turret back up to full if it's getting low and there are minions incoming.

Offensively, I use it any time my team is diving. 80% less damage = less chance of unnecessary kills from a stupid tower dive.

Muggsly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

I only use it if I am going AP bot and that is to help with push the bottom tower otherwise it is not worth it to me.

Scrubsicle

01-06-2012

Maokai + Garrison = comeatmebro.png