A question you've read before

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Ranked Dominion - when will we see this? I saw another WoW vet on here looking for Dom action, and it just makes sense; it's far more PvP-oriented than SR. Anyway, any chance on ranked? I'd love to start busting up some SR farming heroes.

Thanks in advance.

Basoosh

01-06-2012

Word from Riot is that the coding behind ranked Dom is complete - they're just waiting to release it. Once the map has "matured", they'll release it.

Longshanks I

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Having ranked Dominion will be awesome. Totally looking forward to it!

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-06-2012

Quote:
Having ranked Dominion will be awesome. Totally looking forward to it!
Definitely. I really need to find some pals who love Dominion and are pretty good at it. With randoms, I play a little more for myself, but I get serious about winning (not just high score and solid k/d/a) when I'm premading.

Quote:
Once the map has "matured"
So, it's in diapers atm?

The cursor bug is the only thing I freakin rage about on this map.

Basoosh

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VhakulaKhaulepi View Post
So, it's in diapers atm?
I hope not. I like to think we're currently learning how to shave.

Phourc

01-06-2012

Well there's a few changes incoming supposedly, the respawn system needs an overhaul (consider the case of killing someone on the edge of a respawn window - waiting 1 or 2 seconds can give them an extra 12 seconds respawn time), umm...

Here's a Brackhar-post with a bit more detail:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I'm not part of the live team so unfortunately I'm not up to date on their QA pipeline, thus it's risky for me to say stuff is coming soon or not. My high level priorities right now are:

1) Continue the re-evaluation of the respawn system. We likely need a replacement to the window approach to get rid of some of the odd incentives it creates, but I'm unsure what the correct solution is that still hits the original goals the respawn windows were created to solve.

2) Spice up bot lane some more. My theory is that some small adjustments to how vision is given on the bottom lane may help make the area more palatable to non-standard strats, but talks are ongoing.

3) Add more caster items.

4) Generally try to improve the reinforcement in positive actions. This is an across the board goal that touches on a lot of things - kills, captures, quests, etc. - and extend from subtle UI improvements to larger scale system changes like the respawn rework in #1.

5) Continue to evaluate champion balance and be on watch for whether item solutions are sufficient.

Those are just my priorities though.
Keep in mind he's no longer working on dominion, that would be Geeves.

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
I hope not. I like to think we're currently learning how to shave.
Ah, good. That's...well, I'm not really sure how old that is, but it's better than diapers.