How do you build Yorick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-06-2012

I don't get Manamune as I use AD/level runes, which satisfy most of my AD needs.
If I didn't have those runes, I still don't think I would get Manamune. Too much gold for an item that is just mana and AD.

I don't get Spirit Visage because my build focuses on using W to harass early game instead of E. imo the measly 15% increase in healing does not make SV worth the purchase (especially considering you can also get AD and that will increase both your healing and your damage).

Triforce. CDR Boots. Glacial Shroud. From there it's just tank items until I'm even more unkillable (thanks omen of death and thanks revive), with maybe an Entropy thrown in if more AD is needed. (stacking Entropy/Phage/Triforce's slow passives increases the chances of any one of them proccing, so having Ent+Tforce is almost as good as just having FMallet)

Glamrock69

01-06-2012

I don't built Triforce - I rush manamune, then a defensive item (usually thornmail b/c people play tanky ADs a lot), then the dominion bloodthirster, then an infinity edge.

Yorick doesn't meed the movement control from Phage, and Triforce doesn't proc enough in 1v1 showdowns. You want all 3 ghouls going, so you only get 1 triforce proc in a showdown. Ezreal or Urgot, on contrast, gets it to proc over and over.

I will build spirit visage if I need the MR or the sustain.

I build boots according to my opponent - mercury treads if there's casters or CC, ninja tabi against melee heavy team, and CDR boots if it's a mixed team or if I need a lot of pushing power, say, against Heimerdinger.

I want to be able to win 1v1 fights while still being able to take promote.

I focus mainly on pushing my lane.

KimKelley

01-06-2012

Odd.

Am I alone in Maximizing q first?

I usually don't build manamune. I think it's a good item but it takes you a fairly long time to get to it compared to more useful early game items.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

You simply do not need Manamune in Dominion. Also, due to the much faster gameplay and leveling pace, a dominion manamune endgame will almost always be less filled than an SR version. Therefore you recoup less AD from your investment.

Yorick takes manamune because it solves their mana issue, not because its the best AD item. It turns out that it does pay for itself in AD close to endgame, but does give a midgame lull and most dont upgrade manamune until you have a good 2k mana, preferring to spend the gold on survivability instead.

In dominion, you have health/mana packs and a huge mana regen globally. So you just don't need extra mana regen. It is nice to have, but is not worth investing gold into. In SR, not taking mana items severely gimps your performance. In dominion, it is a minor to modest performance hit.

Therefore I always go Pros Blade and boots and 2 health potions. The health and AD are quite valuable early on and help you bully the bottom laner... plus give you the ability to exhaust them and beat them down if the opportunity presents itself.

From there, I get a brutalizer and Ionic boots for 25% CDR which almost maxes me out eventually, assuming a 0-21-9 build with 6% flat CDR from blue.

Then I go for a TriForce for general buffage including the onhit slow/dmg, movespeed, AS, AD, crit, mana, health. Yorick can use all of these, even the AP kind of, so it seems to be the best way to go.

I take a negatron in there for early magic resist, upgrading to odins eventually after triforce.

Skill-wise, I boost W and E as these are your 2 harassment nukes. Vs most bottoms you wont be able to use Q except vs creeps to push... or until you go for the kill.

Id recommend Promote and Exhaust. Exhaust is very good in general but especially vs bottom lanes. Most will want to stay at range...not melee where you have the advantage. Therefore, after weakening them, you can drop W,E to slow them, approach them and Exhaust (normally they can escape your slow and you won't be able to approach). Then you engage in melee, drop Ult and after landing Q it will speed you up so you can chase them down for the win.
This lets you take bottom early on and put pressure on Top.

But there are lots of perfectly good builds for Yorick...most focused on maxing CDR, boosting survivability, and then boosting AD.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrock69 View Post
Yorick doesn't meed the movement control from Phage, and Triforce doesn't proc enough in 1v1 showdowns. You want all 3 ghouls going, so you only get 1 triforce proc in a showdown. Ezreal or Urgot, on contrast, gets it to proc over and over.
You don't try to force straight forward 1v1s with Triforce/CDR. You harass with W and E, slap them with autoattack-Q if they're dumb enough to let you, and walk away satisfied with the 500-700 damage you've essentially gotten for free (since you have so much AR/MR that whatever they do to you gets outhealed by E).

Triforce makes the autoattack-Q hit harder and makes it harder for enemies to force a fight onto you since you're moving fast due to Q + TForce's movement speed and they're moving slow due to W and TForce's proc. By the time anyone actually does manage to catch you, you're ready to cast Q and E again due to 40% CDR.

And Yorick gets plenty of Triforce procs when his Q is on a 3 second cooldown

KimKelley

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Y
Vs most bottoms you wont be able to use Q except vs creeps to push... or until you go for the kill.

ID.
I have not really found this to be universally true. In general, if you can land a w, you can land a q.

MrS8N

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKelley View Post
Odd.

Am I alone in Maximizing q first?

I usually don't build manamune. I think it's a good item but it takes you a fairly long time to get to it compared to more useful early game items.
I've found maxing Q makes you use it a whole lot more, which exposes Yorick because he lacks hard CC and has no escape other than the Q buff. It's just risky is all.

shhbequiet9772

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

1. Take all 3 at first then R > E > Q > W

I really only use Q to push or to make myself move faster to catch them

2. Ghost / Ignite

For the lulz

3. 22 off - 10 utility

4. Arp Red - Armor/level Yellow - MR/level Blue/ Health Quints

5. Manamune > Defensive Item for whatever you are facing bot > Visage > Triforce - Boots are situational for what you are facing either Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi

Game is usually over by then

If I play against other Yoricks bot this usually does just as good as them. I don't honestly think it matters how you build his items as long as he has one dmg item and some defensive items.

RealWolf M

01-06-2012

Once more.

MANAMUNE is not chosen because you have mana issues.

It is chosen because IT IS ONLY RIVALED BY A MAXED SANGUINE BLADE for gold efficiency.

And maxing a sanguine blade, and keeping it maxed, is unrealistic.

Its damage efficiency is far better than any other damage item in dominion.

Please stop saying it is bad. It is a delayed item, and it is only gold efficient after a certain amount of mana, but items like Odyns/frozen heart give mana, sheen gives mana, all of which add to its effectiveness, and it will easily outstrip any other AD item you may get on him.

All these idiots saying "don't get manamune" "yorick doesn't have mana issues" "use the relics for mana" "manamune isn't worth it" "you won't get manamune as maxed as SR", they are just plain bad at dominion, and you should not listen to them.

All of those statements are either irrelevant, or completely untrue.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

01-06-2012

Runes

9x Arpen mark
9x Flat Armor seal
9x Flat CDR glyph
3x MS quint

Masteries

19/4/7 (?!)

stay with me here. Yorick can very well use offensive power, as his minions greatly benefit from it. Lemme explain my reasoning

Offence: So it's AD, CDR, AS, 10% arpen, 1.5% damageboost, 6 Arpen and improved exhaust
Utility: Just visiting here for the mana, nuff said
Defence: 2x armor and 2x magic resist. No use putting it in offensive stats that won't benefit my style, or utility where it's just doing nothing all the time

The Start

Starting out with Prospectors blade, boots, and 2x pots. Get all 3 skills. Running Exhaust and Promote

Leveling skills
W will be leveled last. Leveling Q or E is depending on the probability of landing the Q on the enemy champ. If you're most probably not EVER landing it, just go for E. If they have to close in you(singed?) well, don't go overboard. So it's equal distribution for Q and E or max E first. W goes in last place. R whenever possible.

The build

* Boots into Ionian
* Vampiric Scepter

--- From here on out build order depending on match ---
Vampiric into Sanguine
Sheen (for future triforce)
Force of Nature
Thornmail
--- End of variable midgame
Finish Triforce

By this point match is probably over, be it good or bad, so everything after this is pure situational.

Playstyle:

As you noticed, completely skipped on manamune or ANYTHING manarelated. The healthpacks and the dominion aura should be enough. So while the tear option might be better in the long run, I'm running for more power on average > having more high end power in the last few minutes(if you even get that far), is a bad tradeoff if you could be stronger for 80% of the duration of the match.
Having a lot of offensive power enhances his regeneration, gives him the pushingpower right from the start needed to push harder than anyone.

There are some notable exceptions, heimer for example. I'll be rushing a chalice right after my starting items. Else i won't be able to keep up my push against his.

Notable enemies:

Vayne, Kayle, Cassiopeia, Shyvana, Wukong, Nasus, Trundle. Whenever one of these is your enemy bottom, take care. These all have something in their kit which works excellent against yorick. If they are just as skilled as you are, it will at most become a stalemate or even a loss for you. Be warned.

I've only really lost my lane twice. Once to a heimer when i didn't know how to face him. The other a Vayne, who knew to keep her distance. She lost her turret even tho i was dead, as she couldn't handle my push. All other times i lost my lane was just a very bad play on my part.