No Matter How Many Nerfs He Gets, Shaco Will Still Be Broken

1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

07-15-2010

Because the nerfs keep addressing the wrong issues.

Yes, his one-shot you at level 1/2 with deceive and fort potion and crit damage runes and lizard and improved exhaust was too good (notice how all these things have been nerfed), and needed to be toned down slightly.
Yes, his clone doubling up auras and letting him solo baron earlier than any other champion was too good, and needed to be toned down slightly.
Yes, Sunfire stacking and doubling might be too good, and might need to be toned down slightly.

But none of that is the issue. What is? Deceive is, hands down, the best escape ability in the game (especially when all three of his other abilities aid his escaping through various forms of Crowd control and misdirection). When Deceive's damage received multiple nerfs, all of the pro Shaco players just laughed. That strategy is for pub stomping, where the opponents aren't likely to be running HP quints/Scars of the Veteran/Dorans items/Flash, Deceive is an escape ability. At the moment, it honestly doesn't matter what strategy Shaco employs, whether it's "Tanko", attack damage, or AP. Because whatever he plays, he will end up with the highest K/D ratio in the game on the sheer virtue of never dying unless he makes a HUGE mistake.

Face it Riot. Instant Flash + Stealth on such a low cooldown is the biggest kind of bogus there is. Why is it champions like Nidalee and Ezreal receive multiple nerfs on the grounds that "their escapability is too good", and Shaco remains largely untouched (yes, there was a slight nerf to this a few months ago, but it didn't change it enough)?

Hacksaurs

07-15-2010

His lore depicts him as the most elusive character in the game.

That's super fuccking gay if you ask me.

BangWow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2010

I don't find him op

Jurassic

07-15-2010

Double or even triple the cooldown on Decieve. It is by far the best single ability in the entire game at the moment.

poornewb

07-15-2010

remove flash from deceive = shaco balanced

Hacksaurs

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by poornewb View Post
remove flash from deceive = shaco balanced
I'd rather he had perma stealth like eve so he could be countered rather than this oh hai im pushing bottom but i have 20 traps in your forest and im just gunna hop a wall when you try to kill me.

Minrog

07-15-2010

The same can be said for Ezreal and Kassadin. Ezreal gets nerfed and nerfed until he he can't do anything (and Kassadin was nerfed when he was made...). Shaco will end up like these two, not because of damage but because of low cooldown get out of fail free skills.

Not much to be done, I don't see them changing the 6-8 second Flash mechanic. If any one of these gets to where he can actually fight (and also flee any scenario) they will be perma banned until they are nerfed to nothing.

RaspyTurnover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2010

He's fine.

Aeolis

07-15-2010

Reason why deceive is gay is the blink.

Replace blink with 300% increased movement speed for 2 seconds. Same distance covered, but no hopping over walls and still vulnerable to CC if the CC'er has oracles.

Krigwin

07-15-2010

Limit JitBs to two or three at a time, and increase the duration of Deceive stealth while removing the flash aspect. Balanced.

1234511 ... 20