RoA and Casters, numbers crunched

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidalPankake View Post
Rod of Ages is 3035, unless it was changed very recently and the information I used is outdated... if so then it needs to be updated.
Maybe I'm reading the item list wrong in the web site's database.

But I don't think so. Top item is recipe cost, bottom number is total item cost, right?

Edit: I know for a fact Heart of Gold is 975 total. So I'm reading the items correctly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuicidalPankake

Senior Member

07-15-2010

Hold on, I just looked at the item lookup page on this site, and it says RoA is 2160. However, it also says that Catalyst is 1325, Blasting wand is 860, and the RoA itself is 850... What am I reading wrong here?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidalPankake View Post
Hold on, I just looked at the item lookup page on this site, and it says RoA is 2160. However, it also says that Catalyst is 1325, Blasting wand is 860, and the RoA itself is 850... What am I reading wrong here?
Come to think of it, Trinity Force looks inaccurate too. I don't think their web site database is right...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuicidalPankake

Senior Member

07-15-2010

Some help that is, then. For the record, I was using http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Rod_of_Ages , which seems to be correct. I was very mad for a moment because if it was 2160 I'd have to go against my own advice... which would not be fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidalPankake View Post
Some help that is, then. For the record, I was using http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Rod_of_Ages , which seems to be correct. I was very mad for a moment because if it was 2160 I'd have to go against my own advice... which would not be fun.
Even so, as you say before, 3k gold is easy for a caster to farm up. That's still pretty cost effective in my book. O.o

Giant's Belt only gives 430 HP. It's *barely* more than what RoA gives and, in only 4 minutes, the RoA is better. 4 minutes is not so long as you think.

Tears of the Goddess does arguably give more mana, eventually. This takes time to build up just as RoA does, typically longer than 15 minutes. So, really, picking this instead isn't a much better option, if you're looking at more instant rewards.
Archangel's is only slightly cheaper, without the HP benefit. It has better mana, regen, and probably better AP, but less survivability.

Rylai's costs MORE than an RoA, giving the same amount of AP, less HP, and no mana, in exchange for the slow. It really is just as powerful as an RoA imo.

Since Archangel's is on the same "tier" according to the wiki, you can't really compare TWO items to RoA if one of them is Archangel's Staff.
The way that wiki separates tiers really doesn't make any sense. Because RoA is truly powerful in mid since that's when it hits it's max. In late game you're getting other items to help build on it.
Archangel's Staff, for example, will also benefit from the large amount of mana from RoA.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fluffy1

Senior Member

07-15-2010

the advantage the Rod of ages has is that it builds from the catalyst, one of the best early core item in the game, so can have amazing laning presence untill around level 11 when you need the ap.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
the advantage the Rod of ages has is that it builds from the catalyst, one of the best early core item in the game, so can have amazing laning presence untill around level 11 when you need the ap.
I briefly mentioned this earlier. Catalyst is unbelievably useful as a starting item.

I can't count the number of times a gank (from me, or them) that fails because of leveling up at JUST the right time.

Or hell...after the kill, you level up, and you get more HP and mana so you don't have to blue pill! Staying power is VERY useful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Texas 7oast

Senior Member

07-15-2010

I get all 3 of the items and rape sooooo yeah.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isopod

Senior Member

07-15-2010

I don't get why you're saying RoA cost more than it does. Just because you get bonus effects over time, doesn't mean it's cost increases... Where is the logic behind that? In the time you could get Arch + Rylais, you could get RoA + Bonuses from it, and ToG working on Archangels.

No matter what, RoA for the cost is more efficient than building something else first.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isopod View Post
I don't get why you're saying RoA cost more than it does. Just because you get bonus effects over time, doesn't mean it's cost increases... Where is the logic behind that? In the time you could get Arch + Rylais, you could get RoA + Bonuses from it, and ToG working on Archangels.
I don't think there's any logic behind it. He doesn't seem to understand that he doesn't lose anything for the extra bonuses besides what he originally spent on the item.


123