Take away surrender time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
No, just no. People afking when they think its over are annoying enough, no need to validate them.
"surrender or feed/afk/etc", leave that in SR where it belongs.

Its not fun for the people playing to win or for the other team either.
This is honestly one of the biggest reasons I could never get into SR. You spend 20 minutes farming then a team surrenders. All that gears wasted, so anticlimactic.

brossef

01-05-2012

you guys are sad, even if im going to lose in dominion i never surrender, the game only lasts like 30 minutes at max most of the time, so there is no point to surrender.

if you surrender on dominion and your on my team I will always say no surrendering on dominion is like being very thirsty and walking to the fridge to get some iced tee only to realize you have no drinks so you dont even get water and you just sit down.

sorry but thats the best analogy i could come up with.

and if you are on the other team and surrender then that is the one time that i say gg noobs because you really are noobs, man up and play the 3 minutes that are left.

tl:dr if you surrender than you are a noob

FDru

01-06-2012

No reason to surrender in Dominion, so no reason to lower the surrender time. If you're getting stomped the game lasts 10 minutes or less already.

Narog

01-06-2012

yesterday i was match with 2 level 2 players they didn't even got items, the rest of the team just afk it last 6 min painless defeat better than surrender

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Man, because you might have to fight against legit unfair odds for five whole minutes. And you're gold?

Nojito

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
No, just no. People afking when they think its over are annoying enough, no need to validate them.
"surrender or feed/afk/etc", leave that in SR where it belongs.

Its not fun for the people playing to win or for the other team either.
if those individuals have that mentality in the first place, the surrender option will at least allow you to end the game and start another one.

Basoosh

01-06-2012

I personally would never surrender. Dominion is known for completely ridiculous comebacks out of nowhere.

If your team really wants to surrender, just let the other team five-cap. The game will end very quickly.

Schmei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-06-2012

I think the timer should be shorter if you have afkers. Say two mins goes by without a full team and you can call for surrender. Other than that I think the timers are fine.

Ascleph

01-06-2012

The thing about dominion is that, if you are getting stomped the game will end REALLY fast, but if the game is dragging on, then you are NOT getting stomped and you CAN win, you just need to actually try.

ecneregilleb

01-06-2012

Dominion is a game designed for comebacks. I think the surrender option should just be removed all together for dominion because the game is so far along by 20 minutes its not worth surrendering the last 5 minutes, what a waste of potential IP.

Not to mention, personally I've played several games where the game was won/lost by 1 nexus health. The score can be 450 - 50, and its still anyones game. You have to play on your feet and your team has to work together.

Surrendering is just pointless in dominion, people give up too easily. One minute your team wants to surrender, the next minute you are 10 seconds from winning the game? wtf?