Pantheons Ultimate on Dom

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

01-05-2012

Pantheon can defend middle, while being able to jump to top or bottom in two seconds. You don't need to deal damage to understand how valuable that is. There are only a few champions capable of defending three points at any given moment, and none of them have the killing capacity that Pantheon has (assuming you're building heavily for damage, and not a tank build... I won't go there).

You don't use it to deal damage, you use it to get enemies off of point captures, and cut off escapes. For example, two enemies are capturing bottom. My I just respawned, my teammate is on his way there and will interrupt the capture. I use my ultimate, targeted behind them. They have only two choices 1) Move towards my teammate and get stuck between him and I, or 2) Move away from my teammate and the point, and eat the largest quantity of damage from my ultimate, get slowed, and one of them will soon be speared/stunned/heartseekered/speared... and die. The other one will likely be caught and killed from the slow.

Doonhijoe V

01-05-2012

his ult has 1k base damage...it doesn't need AD scaling.

Oddjustice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH View Post
anyone who benefits from phage and anyone who benefits from best friend sword

the active is ideally best on a champ who gets little damage from their autoattacks but slips a few of them into their combo anyway for the extra damage

and yeah, pantheon is easily best ad behind vayne and graves
So, typically I main wukong, and I know it's in his recommended build, but I typically don't go for it. Guess I'll have to start paying more attention to it.

Phourc

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
there's a cost discrepancy there, but generally i agree--entropy is an underused, underappreciated item imo.
Honestly I'd probably run Sanguine ever time - nearly same AD, 1k less gold. But then I don't build best friend swords till almost the end of the game, so I care a bit more about cost than the average player.

The Wrongsword

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
there's a cost discrepancy there, but generally i agree--entropy is an underused, underappreciated item imo.
well there's a reason for that... bloodthirster has the potential to get a lot of free AD for the cost, entropy basically you just get an attack speed scaling active ability. For the 600g upgrade you get +7 AD, +50 HP and the active, which is mostly what you are paying for.

There's just not a lot of champs who benefit from that active, which is the point of entropy. AD casters like pantheon dont really want that cause they dont have the attack speed to make use of the active well, and high attack speed carries like vayne, cait, sivir are usually better off getting infinity edge and going for crits, leaving things like prospector's blade, phage, or frozen mallet if they want tankiness. And AD carries can kill so fast in the late game they usually arent going to see most of the benefit of an on-hit proc that takes 2.5 seconds to do full damage, when you can kill a squishy within 1.5 seconds.

The best part about entropy is that it combines useful items- namely a BF sword and a phage, but what it gives you for that is something very few champs actually want, so people just buy the same components but turn them into other items, and for good reason.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

Still find Tristana as best AD carry in the game, with Graves real close behind due to his ridiculous AD scaling burst, its like a Ranged talon, with Noct's/Xin's atk speed steroids. Vayne I dunno, no atk speed bonus really sucks for her, and will lose to overagressive players with oracles or sight for stealth.

Stimuz

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonhijoe V View Post
his ult has 1k base damage...it doesn't need AD scaling.
Yeah it does, otherwise how can he 3 shot everyone all game long?

RealWolf M

01-05-2012

He is a very solid champion, and I am not looking to buff him, merely change the way his ultimate works so its more plain to see just what its aim is. Currently it is a jack of all trades, I am proposing that it is a more specific. If its used (and its main use is) to jump onto someone from a distance and stun them, then does it really need a damage component? or a slow? Maybe if those were removed/nerfed it could be changed to be more valuable in other aspects, such as giving it another 1k range

Phourc

01-06-2012

The way I see Panth's ult in dominion: Replaces Ghost. About the same cooldown, gets you about the same distance in the same time, if you can turn it into some free damage or mess with the enemy's positioning, even better.

Rejuvination

01-06-2012

it's for sure true that his ult is just teleport with that 1% chance to stun (against anyone with a brain) and not much damage. but he is great anyways, so he is still kinda balanced. not that many champs can counter his top anyways.