Pantheons Ultimate on Dom

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Pantheon feels like a solid hero, let me say that before people go "he's balanced, nothing needed".

That being said, a while back Riot nerfed globals to 5500, which is ironically the radius of Crystal Scar.... but yeah

In general, panth has a very good kit. While I wouldn't mind if he had AD ratios instead of AP ratios, you can't change some things.

His ultimate however is lacking in a few regards.
First, its damage output is fairly average, since it doesn't scale off AD and people will never be in the center of it.
Second, it has a mediocre range, you have to be halfway to top to use it on top, and the cast time means you would get there almost as fast anyway (if you use a SS)
Third, it has a long long land time. People know you are going to land, and almost never does it do a good hit, often people outrun it entirely so you can't even plan on where your stun will land, so you can end up on the opposite side of the fight to your team, and get slaughtered (you can queue stun while you fall and 100% get a stun.)

Now none of these problems on their own would ruin his ultimate. If they were to be one that was WORSE, a defining weakness to his ultimate, it would be fine. But as they are all 'average' problems, they mean that his ultimates niche, while is still there, is kinda meh.

Now if the damage output was to stay very low, but its range was buffed, it would feel a lot more useful, but not much would change. If it was to have a shorter land time, but a shorter range, it would feel like a combat orientated skill. If it was to scale off AD but have a low range, it would be a huge aoe teamfight skill. As it is, it feels like a 'teleport to someone for a stun-heart-spear combo', and while that is powerful, in most cases I find I can get to where I want to be just fine, and dont' need to fly over the map because I planned in advance

Iorek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

LEAVE HIM THAT WAY, buff him, then nerf him to the floor again.. no please, leave him that way, just learn how to use the ult.. don't touch my main AGAIN FFS

Sauron

01-04-2012

I feel Pantheon has a balanced ultimate with his other skills being excellent.

RealWolf M

01-04-2012

Just a note, the goal is not to buff panth as he is already a powerful champion, but to change the ult so it is more than just a free stun, but has a more niche potential, so its less generically useful, but in certain situations is a far better skill

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
in most cases I find I can get to where I want to be just fine, and dont' need to fly over the map
you're a boring person

larkhill

01-04-2012

use panths ult to backdoor

there. ive solved all ur problems.

Bonabon

01-04-2012

I think the damage component is really just a "vanity" option on his ult. He could be like TF and just teleport to a given location with nothing else fancy about it, but he gets damage and a slow.

As for the travel time, it sometimes does feel a bit long. But making it instant or too quick would just be a tad overpowered. Teleport ults like his and TF's are telegraphed with a strong visual to give the opponent a chance to react.

Hell, even Nunu's ult purposely has a long cast time and strong visual because it can change the pace of a fight if not handled appropriately. Likewise, it's up to the opponent(s) to decide whether or not they should retreat given your impending arrival, or if they think they can take the additional person. And also likewise, it's partly up to your team to try and keep as many people in the blast radius as they can.

cerealsmok3r

01-04-2012

that champion killed me only with his ulti T__T

Seņor Pancho

01-04-2012

hide yo kids, hide yo wife, ITS CEREALSMOK3R on his daily posting frenzy !!!

Snuffrix

01-05-2012

Put the ulti on a point and if they react they still need to move off the point.

Also Riot nerfed his ulti so all his other skills could be buffed, cause a global ulti he used to have was stupidly strong and opened up too much utility so his damage had to be nerfed. He's fine, actually he's pretty strong in dominion.