Why is rammus not disabled in this playlist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

01-05-2012

Any decent AP carry melts armorrammus at lightspeed. Hell, i've taken vlad to dominion, and i was melting rammus left and right, all over the place.

He's annoying at best.

And if you are REALLY troubled by him, make sure to stay near your minions so you can evade that powerball>DBC>taunt, if you are deadset on not getting any tenacity.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

I don't understand people complaining about rammus and not ryze. I prefer to face rammus 24/7

lbgsloan

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
I don't understand people complaining about rammus and not ryze. I prefer to face rammus 24/7
Ryze doesn't get banned nearly enough considering how strong he is lategame, but people don't complain as much people his early game isn't very good.

FDru

01-05-2012

Rammus has the problem of players unwilling to counter build for him.

Ryze has the problem of screwing you completely if you counterbuild him, because the only champ you'll be able to deal with is Ryze at that point while the rest of his team takes a dump on you.

DevilHorn

01-05-2012

Trundle says hi.

Youniverse

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Unless you're ranged, in which case it pulls you nowhere.

Any. Tank. Can. Do. This.

And Alistar not only does it better, but is much better at ganking since he can knock you off your tower with ease.
I was comparing kassadin to rammus. Essentially I was saying why rammus was a much better pick than kassadin. I could compare allistar to rammus but rammus would clearly be the winner again. I've faced many allistars and none req me to build a certain way or play any different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
He's banned because he's the most mobile tank. That's all. He's not the best tank, he's not the most mobile champ (Zilean says hi). He's just the most mobile tank. The ridiculous exaggerations about what he's capable of or "how hard he is to counter" are just that. Ridiculous exaggerations.
look individually, yes he might not be the best mobile (although I would argue otherwise) and yes he might not be the best tank. But if you take into account his entire kit, he becomes the best overall.

dredzach

01-05-2012

Rammus can be banned, he can be counterpicked, and you can change your play to counter him. I can't teach you to be good in one paragraph, but I can at least tell you to kite him until his DBC has expired (6 seconds) and then he's an easy kill. Also, stop playing blind pick and stop picking so many AD champs.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

But stating someone is the best is a non-problem. having a best char in a game Is a non-problem.

dredzach

01-05-2012

There will always be a "best" champ. If Rammus isn't the best, then someone else would be. That's why there are 6 bans available, so people can ban who they personally think is hard to face.

Taenaryn

01-05-2012

I was downvoted for giving several Rammus counters. All I can add is PLAY HIM. Not so you can roflstomp your way to victory, but because there are people out there who can, and do, frequently defeat Rammus, and you'll find out who and why once you play him enough. It doesn't take a special amount of skill. I can kill Rammus, even Armor Rammus, with Talon, building nothing on Talon that I wouldn't be building anyways even if Rammus wasn't there. I'm 170/117 wins/losses or thereabouts, hardly a stellar pro player. I'm better than I am bad, but I have nothing on, say, Phreak. You don't need to be a pro, you just need to learn something new. It's. Really. Not. Hard.

Any champ can take Boots of Mobility, hit a speed shrine, and be where he needs to be in seconds. I take BoM on Skarner, on Volibear, on Rammus, on Talon, on Maokai, and on Sivir. I can backdoor with any of those champs. Rammus can escape, or defend long enough to kill you, but a Talon Cutthroating out of the Fog of War on the Windmill will kill you much much faster. Yet I don't here "TALON OP" crying every week.

Because I CAN play Rammus, and play him decently well, I win with him regularly. I also win pretty often with Talon, Skarner, and Maokai (once I learned them). Now when I fight against Rammus, I beat him. Regularly. I honestly can't remember the last time I lost against a Rammus that didn't involve an AFK on our team.

If your only champ is Master Yi, well, all I can say is spend those IP points on a few more champs and learn some versatility. I have a list of champs that I need to play so I can learn their weakness, and I add champs to that list every time I get owned and can't figure out how to beat them.

Learning isn't hard, people. Really. It isn't. It won't hurt, I promise.