Why is rammus not disabled in this playlist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

01-04-2012

Change your build from AD + AS + Crit to ArPen + Lifesteal + MR and you win against Rammus. Simple as that.

Some champs naturally destroy him, like WW, Irelia, Olaf and Vayne.

He hardly does any damage outside of his ultimate, unless you're a squishy AD carry with a stupid build and he went thornmail (which, BTW, any other champ can do and sh*t all over you equally).

Oh and you are bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilXkilla

Senior Member

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Macaroni View Post
I support disabling Rammus. He is not fun to play against and the whole match becomes avoid taunt or you're dead. If cc broke powerball's channel he actually might be fun to play against.
Isn't it the same as with Ahri;s taunt too then? How's it any Different from hard stuns like Sion? Or an AOE Knock up initiating from wukong?

I just think people are so scared of rammus they're afraid to even attack him, it's more of a mental thing.

BUT I definitely agree/support on putting a limit on amount of speed he can get from additive shrine+powerball, makes him insane at controlling bot lane and getting back top quickly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

Senior Member

01-04-2012

He's far too strong at ganking bottom, that's the real terror of a good Rammus. If there's a good Rammus in the game, your bot will have to stay by the tower the entire game or run 2 bot. Later on the tower won't even matter, he can dive and tank it for a long time np.

If Riot isn't going to do something about his movement speed on Dominion, I would actually support disabling him for the health of the game mode. He just permanantly sucks up a ban.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Headless VII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-04-2012

It's true thornmail rammus is a pain to deal with when you are an AD champ but there are champs that counter him as strongly as he counters you (hard stuns, lifesteal, AP burst damage come to mind).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
He's far too strong at ganking bottom, that's the real terror of a good Rammus. If there's a good Rammus in the game, your bot will have to stay by the tower the entire game or run 2 bot. Later on the tower won't even matter, he can dive and tank it for a long time np.

If Riot isn't going to do something about his movement speed on Dominion, I would actually support disabling him for the health of the game mode. He just permanantly sucks up a ban.
Bot ganks are a constant thing in high end play, where Rammus doesn't even exist. There's really nothing special about his, either. Kassadin is far worse, since he silences you for an hour, slows you and does ****tons of damage.

Rammus gets a 2 second taunt every 12 seconds (you do build tenacity vs Rammus right?)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youniverse

Senior Member

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Bot ganks are a constant thing in high end play, where Rammus doesn't even exist. There's really nothing special about his, either. Kassadin is far worse, since he silences you for an hour, slows you and does ****tons of damage.

Rammus gets a 2 second taunt every 12 seconds (you do build tenacity vs Rammus right?)
Rammus taunt - 3 seconds
Kassadin silence - 2.6

Assuming you build tenacity against both, rammus' taunt is longer and pulls you toward death as opposed to just being silenced. Kassadin can't tank a tower. Kassadin can't defend a tower against two or more people. Rammus can. In fact, just having a Rammus on the opposing team, you're forced to ghost up top in the beginning. You're forced to build mr, lifesteal, tenacity, and arpen. You're forced to use up precious cc on him. No other tank has this much mobility and requires this much effort just to counter.

Rammus doesn't exist in high end play because he's banned but so is kassadin. Moot point but given the circumstances, I would take a kassadin on the other side rather than a rammus. At least I can burst down kassadin in 1 cc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brossef

Senior Member

01-04-2012

lol, love getting downvotes for stating easy and obvious counters to rammus. some of you guys are so bad at this game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youniverse View Post
Assuming you build tenacity against both, rammus' taunt is longer and pulls you toward death as opposed to just being silenced.
Unless you're ranged, in which case it pulls you nowhere.

Quote:
Kassadin can't tank a tower. Kassadin can't defend a tower against two or more people. Rammus can.
Any. Tank. Can. Do. This.

And Alistar not only does it better, but is much better at ganking since he can knock you off your tower with ease.

Quote:
In fact, just having a Rammus on the opposing team, you're forced to ghost up top in the beginning.
Or go take bot instead, since his entire team is probably blowing their ghost to assist him and make sure he caps. Grats! You now have 3 nodes and all of your summoner spells still up.

Quote:
You're forced to build mr, lifesteal, tenacity, and arpen.
None of which are bad at all. BTW, you only need a single MR item and it can be a Wit's End or an Abyssal which you were probably going to build anyway.

Quote:
You're forced to use up precious cc on him. No other tank has this much mobility and requires this much effort just to counter.
Alistar says hi. He also says "you're never getting near anyone on my team, ever, but have fun trying".

Quote:
Rammus doesn't exist in high end play because he's banned but so is kassadin. Moot point but given the circumstances, I would take a kassadin on the other side rather than a rammus. At least I can burst down kassadin in 1 cc.
He's banned because he's the most mobile tank. That's all. He's not the best tank, he's not the most mobile champ (Zilean says hi). He's just the most mobile tank. The ridiculous exaggerations about what he's capable of or "how hard he is to counter" are just that. Ridiculous exaggerations.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugs From Momma

Senior Member

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossef View Post
lol, love getting downvotes for stating easy and obvious counters to rammus. some of you guys are so bad at this game.
But being 233 wins / 208 losses makes you great, I'm sure.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cerealsmok3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-04-2012

in my opinion its a fair game without shaco rammus but then again i would have to feel sorry for those people who enjoy playing him