Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anyone else feel that ROA should be improved for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crujuco

01-09-2012

Sometimes I buy a RoA.

I always regret it.

David12596

01-09-2012

Quote:
Helixes:
Go bot, profit

what good is a item if it only works for one lane?

David12596

01-14-2012

Bump

FDru

01-14-2012

I'm not great with mages, so take this with a grain of salt, but when I stopped getting RoA my gameplay (with mages) improved significantly.

I think it's just way too costly to be worth it, when you can get 2-3 smaller items with greater effect (but less health) and you don't have to spend all of your early game gold on upgrading the RoA. Plus Catalyst is a kinda 'meh' starting item if you're not going bot (though of course you could start with a blasting wand, it's usually a great idea to take some health item to start).

WaterD103

Recruiter

01-14-2012

I used to think Roa was amazing... but now between teams I feel early game matters too much, and roa power takes a while to kick in.

Raekwon Tha Chef

01-14-2012

Quote:
David12596:
what good is a item if it only works for one lane?

Its a pretty **** good item but its the sort of item that if you cant get quick then your better off getting something else, like if it takes more then 7 minutes to get it then you should just get something else since it takes 10 min to charge up, and the only lane you should reliably be able to get the gold for it is the bot.

CWheezy

01-14-2012

I get rod of ages on kassadin every single game I play with him, it is my first item.

I also don't go bottom.

Alijah

01-14-2012

I think RoA is slightly lackluster in Dominion, but the problem is Catalyst is too strong in the beginning. Catalyst doesn't just provide sustain; it makes you an unmovable wall. You have to get severely outplayed to lose bottom with a Catalyst against someone without one. It allows you to push and harrass more wrecklessly, and thus also control the health relic right above the middle of the lane. I feel weak right when I complete RoA, but that doesn't last long. I can definitely see merit in completing Rylai's after a Catalyst, though, and I think I may try doing that.

David12596

01-17-2012

bump

urmamasllama

01-17-2012

Quote:
RealWolf M:
everyone who is saying "its not that good"

Lets see

Maokai
Kassadin
Singed
Cassiopeia
Viktor

Those are just off the top of my head, there are more but all of those benefit greatly from this item

everyone laughs but... karma