Online DoTA or not?

Yes 7 28.00%
No 10 40.00%
I don't know 0 0%
I've never played DoTA 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Lets bring DoTA Back to life.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pykoillusion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2012

I have a nostalgia for DoTA (Defense of The Ancients) - Previous AoS game of LoL creators for "The Frozen Throne". Although DoTA 2 is out, it isn't as accessible as LoL.

If you have ever enjoyed playing DoTA before....

Remember how 5v5 team fight lasted over a minute? instead of lasting 10~20 seconds?

Remember how Turrets(towers) weren't too strong? instead of dying in 3 hits in lv1?

Remember how there were so many Mods? (super creep, wtf mode, mana infinite mode, special store mode, etc) instead of having one normal mode over and over? (except dominion)

Remember how you cannot use skills to go through walls? instead of trynd/gragas/renek etc. going through walls all day? (teleport still working)

Remember how important it was to last hit? instead of 24/7 pushing and still getting so many farms?

Remember how maximum lifesteal was about 25%? instead of bs 100% lifesteal? (BT+sion ult)

Remember how tanks could get up to 95~97% dmg reduction? instead of having it only up to 75~80%(usually)?

Remember how DoTA had secret shops with-in jungle and then sometimes fight with enemies in front of the shop? instead of buying everything at base?

Remember how you could buy a carrier to carry your stuff with you? instead of not being able to modify your items other than buying and selling?

Remember how it took longer time to destroy a turret? (dmg still lower), instead of having them be destroyed in 5 secs by Master Yi late game?

Remember how it was more intense? Remember how it was more enjoyable?

I'm pretty sure i'll get a lot of downvotes for posting this, but all I wanted was to spread the word that DoTA was a ****ing awesome AoS game ever. Im playing LoL cuz it's so hard to get a 5v5 game on DoTA (not online, but have to use hamachi and stuff)

I don't expect it that much, but please up vote this if you think Riot should make DoTA more public, possibly another online game.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Once 2 is ready for production you'll be able to get normal 5v5 games again.

SN Fate

01-04-2012

There exists DoTA2. No one in their right minds would make another 1.

Boomtrick

01-04-2012

dota 2 is already in beta man! just wait a bit and you'll get your chance to "relive" dota.

EDIT:
spectre can go through walls :P

RageKilling

01-04-2012

DotA 2 will smite this game to the ground.

Demerol

Recruiter

01-04-2012

Dota 2 sucks currently, Im not not an lol fan boy. That game has terrible flaws, and very very poor decisions were made in alot of areas. It will take months for dota 2 to become even 1/10 as popular as League is.

RiskX

Recruiter

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageKilling View Post
DotA 2 will smite this game to the ground.
its the other way around dota2 doesn't have smite LoL does

Mr Mog

01-04-2012

Go to DotA 2.
Tell them to bring their game back to life.

League of Legends remains as it is.
LoL is hands down the best Moba game there is now.

DotA was so last 2003-2009. DotA sucks.
LoL is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better.

DivineniviD

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pykoillusion View Post
IDoTA was a ****ing awesome AoS game ever.
Apparently it didn't help your english.

Geomexis

01-04-2012

I have access to the DotA 2 beta...it's honestly not that good. The community is pretty toxic (mainly since most of the players migrated from HoN) and since they're slowly porting over their heroes it leaves massive imbalanced issues since some heroes don't have their hard counters yet (Anti-Mage was the single best pick in the game until they brought in Riki and his silence). Also the store likes to jump the gun and auto-combine components even if you want to use the components for different recipes but happen to be carrying all the components to a completely random recipe.