Is Warcraft 3 balanced?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PizzaRice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Just wanted to hear peoples opinions if it is or not.

To me, in most cases, I think it is. But when i look at the humans, I still dont how to play as them. Not to mention that unless im Night elf, i find humans rather easy to beat.

Dobagoh

01-04-2012

People still play wc3 ?

CapitaFK

01-04-2012

Undead is OP. Necromancer rush ftw.

PizzaRice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
People still play wc3 ?
Well ya... i honestly cant think of another game that can substitute for starcraft.

Jesus the Friend

01-04-2012

You mean the normal mode?

Night Elves are somewhat overpowered, but the game was riddled with imbalances and mods that made use of these issues, making the game way worse.

For example; if you manually send your human or orcish gold miners to go to the mine and back to the base, you will get gold more quickly than if you let the computer do it itself, this is where macros/modding comes in.

Quote:
i honestly cant think of another game that can substitute for starcraft.
Starcraft sucks.

MagicMyshu

01-04-2012

No it's not balanced, blizzard just gave up. People give riot lots of **** but they wouldn't have just GIVEN UP based on their track record.

Every hero should have been viable as a first hero. The items that are dropped are waaaay overpowered in the hands of a blade master vs the hands of ANYONE else. Undead casters were too hard to get to when under pressure of any kind. Wisps have always been OP with detonate. Dryads, should never have had magic immunity AND slow poison. I remember at least one full year where dryads is the only thing any NE would get. Even Undead would produce a master banshee just to possess a wisp so that they could build a Tree of Life and tech to dryads in 3's. I haven't played in many years, but I watch Crota (BlizShouter) on Youtube as well as Chumpesque.

Raging Hipster

01-04-2012

No it isn't, the orcs start with the one of the strongest units in the game

Gamon

01-04-2012

every race has something good, humans have tanks, have you tried mass tanks? you can destroy their buildings without losing much, and humans air units are good.

night elf have bears and they can heal, their ground units are so good if used right

but I have to agree that necromancers are the best

Bainemo

01-04-2012

WC3 tier list (assuming very good but not "pro"-level skills):

Top: Everyone but human
Bottom: Human