Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The only REAL problem i have with dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

01-04-2012

My turn to complain about dominion:

When you are definitely winning the game, it's pretty much assured, that the turnaround(if there was any) lasted a couple of minutes, and the time to victory is even shorter as a result.

Compare SR, if you start having the upper hand, you can enjoy your feeling of "we're winning" a bit longer.

But the best game is still where both teams are equally matched, and stalemating all over the place, where you, your team and the enemies are fighting their utmost just to get 5-10 ticks of the enemy nexus, and you are having an adrenaline rush from minute 0 to 45. Even if you lost such game, you will really congratiulate your enemies, because the fight was AWESOME... BUT I WANTED THAT FIGHT TO LAST LONGER (yes, that is the longest dominion fight i ever had, and no team had more than 3 points longer than 10 seconds, everything was contested)

So that's the only real complaint i'll ever have: i can't enjoy my games long enough comparing it with SR. Solved by immediatly starting another game.

(for the record, i LOVE dominion)

Hobocop

01-04-2012

On the flip side, I abhor the situations that are all too common in SR, where the game is clearly lost, but drags on...and on...and on...for 20 more minutes or so, and it's just painful and not fun at all at that point because you can't do anything.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

01-04-2012

Quote:
Hobocop:
On the flip side, I abhor the situations that are all too common in SR, where the game is clearly lost, but drags on...and on...and on...for 20 more minutes or so, and it's just painful and not fun at all at that point because you can't do anything.

And there are 2 people CONSTANTLY voting against surrender, so you can't surrender. Yeah, i'm glad dominion is over in 5 minutes if it's that bad

Handaran

01-05-2012

My only real problem with Dominion (aside from obvious balance issues) is that you rarely, VERY rarely, ever get to finish a build. Average game lets you finish about 3 core items, which for me, takes away from the experience.

FDru

01-05-2012

Quote:
Handaran:
My only real problem with Dominion (aside from obvious balance issues) is that you rarely, VERY rarely, ever get to finish a build. Average game lets you finish about 3 core items, which for me, takes away from the experience.

That's the only fun thing about bot lane. You get super farmed and can build usually 5 items or a full build in a 20+ minute game, then wreck anyone that comes down to mess with you.

Cyxe

01-05-2012

Quote:
FDru:
That's the only fun thing about bot lane. You get super farmed and can build usually 5 items or a full build in a 20+ minute game, then wreck anyone that comes down to mess with you.

I find my games rarely last that long. 10-15 min is about average, which isnt even enough time to stack an RoA (which btw I've deemed as a terrible item to get on any champion for any reason on Dominion)

Handaran

01-05-2012

Quote:
FDru:

My average match lasts 15 min :\ even at bot lane you can't farm enough in 15 min to finish a build.