Okay, Dominion. I'll admit it. You're fun.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

you can add me too for a couple of games if you want

Veztai

01-04-2012

It's a Dominion miracle!

Hope you keep having fun here. =D

ecneregilleb

01-04-2012

Join the fun friend.

I used to play SR & Dominion alternately, but I kinda got frustrated with the community of SR and the sloooow pace of it in comparison to Dom. I play Dominion (Draft) exclusively now, and Im not looking back. Blind pick is just so scattered on the map, no real coordination IMHO. Draft on the other hand, people pick more wisely and counterpick more wisely. Of course you are going to get those people who insta-lock that carry when you have 3 carries already, but SR its the same deal. People do the same thing.

I dont know why people hate so much on dominion really. They need to be more like you and actually give it a try for a few games before they make a judgement on it. If they dont like it, w/e they dont have to play it. No sense it complaining about it publically. I like both, but prefer Dom > SR. I havent played an actual SR game in a few months at this point :P

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

everyone trolls dominion, almost no one trolls SR.

Yet most people I know now almost never play SR, because dom offers so much more entertainment, challenge, strategy, teamwork, etc

Bonabon

01-04-2012

I'm practically the complete opposite of you, lol. I think I have 1 legit (no bots) SR game played. Or at least I've only won one. I'm honestly not even sure where to see things like total matches played, etc. (or if that even exists).

I don't hate SR. I just don't care for the grind. I remember having games that lasted for like 45min-1hr. That's just ridiculous. I think the only way I'd enjoy playing SR is if I had a premade with friends, but I have none of those things. :P I like watching videos of high level SR play, though.

cerealsmok3r

01-04-2012

haha its better to try and paly all modes what others like might not be similar to what you like ^__^

YoungBlade

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonabon View Post
I'm practically the complete opposite of you, lol. I think I have 1 legit (no bots) SR game played. Or at least I've only won one. I'm honestly not even sure where to see things like total matches played, etc. (or if that even exists).
At the end of each game it will tell you your total wins and loses in that game mode. If you play a Normal Classic match it will tell you how many Normal games you've played in Classic. Mine is now about 700 total normal classic matches.

The same is true for Co-op vs AI and Dominion. I'm at 14 Co-op vs AI matches (all wins, I know because I just played one tonight to try out Garen) and, after my last Dominion match, I'm at 9 wins and 4 loses in Dominion.

Ranked is the only one where you can check your wins and losses outside of this.

You cannot see your wins and loses for custom matches, however. After those it will give you the numbers for your Normal Classic matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonabon View Post
I don't hate SR. I just don't care for the grind. I remember having games that lasted for like 45min-1hr. That's just ridiculous. I think the only way I'd enjoy playing SR is if I had a premade with friends, but I have none of those things. :P I like watching videos of high level SR play, though.
Well, my friends and I play a lot of SR. You're right, it does make it a lot more fun.

As for match length, yeah. Some matches last just 20 minutes or so, but most last 40 mintues. I've had matches go nearly 80 minutes before. Those take patience. My longest Dominion match so far was about 25-30 minutes. My shortest was about 8-10 minutes.

MMKH

01-05-2012

Welcome to the part of LoL that stayed fun and gets right in the action from the start.

Cyxe

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlade View Post
Lost that first Draft Match. Seemed like there was nothing I could do. We got completely dominated. Still a good match though. I can appreciate it when the enemy team is just flat better than my team and I.

Also, I got first pick and had to ban in draft. Is it random in the order, because I had the fewest games (obviously) so that seems like a bad idea to put me first, even if my win percentage is good. Just listened to whatever my team told me to ban. I got rid of Shaco first (knew enough to ban him), and then they said to ban Akali and Kayle. Are those good bans in Dominion?

Played a normal match after that (queue times for Draft are really long) and carried my team through a really exciting comeback. Haven't had that close of a game yet. Our nexus dropped to 50% health before we had gotten theres to 450 because our Kog didn't connect in the first 5 minutes. Managed to win it somehow. That really made me want to play another match, but alas I need to be done for now.

3 Dom matches in a row. Never thought my match history would have that on it...
Dominion draft is the same as Normal SR Draft. Without rankings, the order of players is random, so be prepared to ban. Another poster gave you a decent list of champs to ban. My general feeling is ban Rammus, after him I don't care. He's the only reason I play Draft on Dominion. And just wait, one day your match history will look like mine, 10 Dom wins in a row :P

insertdingo

01-05-2012

i like they should a a capture the flag mode