Okay, Dominion. I'll admit it. You're fun.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

01-04-2012

Welcome to Dominion! Glad you gave it a try. You're a stronger character than most of the Rift diehards.

evilXkilla

01-04-2012

Welcome to the grind-less more fun PvP intense mode of LoL. Enjoy it!

Muggsly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

I agree with the OP. I was a bit hestitant to try dominion mostly because of all the trash talking I heard in other forums about it. But now that I have started playing I love it. Something exhilarating about not having to worry about mana makes the matches just insanity (read fun).

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggsly View Post
I agree with the OP. I was a bit hestitant to try dominion mostly because of all the trash talking I heard in other forums about it. But now that I have started playing I love it. Something exhilarating about not having to worry about mana makes the matches just insanity (read fun).
You can run out of mana, you just have to try harder

To OP: welcome to dominion. Shame i'm an EU player, so we'll most probably never meet on the field, but welcome nonetheless.

And about the bans > ban yorick too. I started playing him when he was in the free week and dominion was just released. I totally fell in love!!! The dude is very hard to deal with bottom, so he is a very wise ban if you can't pick him. Brought him back into my SR game, and having the same result So don't let anyone tell you anything else, If you are proficient with a hero in Dominion, i'm pretty sure you can make said hero work in SR

Have fun

Altorr

01-04-2012

OP here are some bans/picks to keep in mind

*not as much as an issue anymore and shouldnt waste a ban on tier: Jax & Akali

*seriously ban him every game tier: Rammus

*I want my team to actually win bottom tier:Yorick, Heimerdinger

*Oh god where did he come from oh **** I'm Dead tier: Kassadin, Shaco, Talon

*why is he such a beast he kills everyone no matter what impossible to beat QQQ tier: Pantheon, Gangplank ,Lee Sin, Poppy, AD SION (Seriously crit-attack speed-lifesteal and he will never die)

OMG OP RANGE I cant run and I cant stay: Vayne, Kog'maw

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altorr View Post
OP here are some bans/picks to keep in mind

*not as much as an issue anymore and shouldnt waste a ban on tier: Jax & Akali

*seriously ban him every game tier: Rammus

*I want my team to actually win bottom tier:Yorick, Heimerdinger

*Oh god where did he come from oh **** I'm Dead tier: Kassadin, Shaco, Talon

*why is he such a beast he kills everyone no matter what impossible to beat QQQ tier: Pantheon, Gangplank ,Lee Sin, Poppy, AD SION (Seriously crit-attack speed-lifesteal and he will never die)

OMG OP RANGE I cant run and I cant stay: Vayne, Kog'maw
This has got to be the most accurate dominion tier list i've ever seen!

I know most people will call me crazy, but a well played AD Malz or AP Ez is very strong, so you might want to try those too, if you ever feel like having to try something unusual but fun and potentially strong

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Dominion is the only thing I play any more and I laugh when I see people talk about it being mindless and taking no skill. I'm almost up to 300 wins and I can tell you, it's pretty hard core. The biggest downside is that because it requires so much team effort, and the fact that there are so many trolls and afk'ers, it can be frustrating if you team is bad. So in many ways, it requires MORE teamwork and more strategy to win and be successful. It's very exciting though when you have two evenly matched teams that fight to the very end.

I've seen so many more epic games in Dominion than I ever saw in classic, including tournaments and high ELO streams. Dom reminds me a bit of basketball, with it's back and forth, frenzied action pace. Classic is a bit more like, say soccer, where the gameplay is kind of slow and methodical, where the action happens in spurts, and is and can be exciting, but Dominion is like end game SR all game long, thanks to its fast pace and constant fighting.

Ascleph

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlade View Post
Also, I got first pick and had to ban in draft. Is it random in the order, because I had the fewest games (obviously) so that seems like a bad idea to put me first, even if my win percentage is good. Just listened to whatever my team told me to ban. I got rid of Shaco first (knew enough to ban him), and then they said to ban Akali and Kayle. Are those good bans in Dominion?
Champions that you'll see lots of people asking to be banned but are a terrible idea to ban because they are hardly viable or worth the ban: Akali, Jax, GP and Trynd

Check out this recent thread on bans, it'll help you out: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1673580

Just knowing that, you can see how clueless some dominion haters are when they say Akali dominates it

Muggsly

01-04-2012

Out of curiosity how are people building AD sion for dominion. I tried AP sion but he is pretty useless in such a fast moving game but AD sion sounds like he would be fun.

Nekrogen

01-04-2012

It's these kinds of threads that give me hope about the future of Dominion