Water support? My body is ready. 138 25.75%
Meh. : / 43 8.02%
Fizz is cuter. :V 62 11.57%
The mighty shark stalks his prey. >:3 41 7.65%
Voters: 536. You may not vote on this poll

Goshg, The Deep Dweller

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evawin

01-03-2012

INCLUDES CHARACTER ART, SKINS, ICONS, AND RED POSTS (oh my :0).

Art property of http://gasparnolasco.deviantart.com/
Check him out; he's amazing. ;3

Twitter and stuff because all the cool kids are doing it:
https://twitter.com/Goshg2deep
http://ask.fm/Goshg

Check out the General Discussion thread and bump it; who knows what will happen~!:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1878477

Also, check out the League Judgment here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1786059

Aaaaaand my interpretation of how he would sound. :3
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1qAUcMTQmRX

Goshg, The Deep Dweller

Name:  Goshg.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  1.12 MB

Health: 390 (+75)
Mana: 230 (+50)
Attack Damage: 50 (+3)
Attack Speed: 0.610 (+3.3%)
Range: 575
Armor: 8 (+3.5)
Magic Resistance: 30
Health Regeneration: 4.5 (+0.55)
Mana Regeneration: 5.8 (+0.4)
Movement Speed: 330

--------------------------------------------------------

Roles:

Mage, Support

Lore:

Centuries ago, an ancient water-dwelling race built a hidden city beneath a mountain in the sea. Though these creatures had their enemies, the city was an impenetrable fortress, and, in the safety it provided, they grew complacent. Goshg, however, grew enamored with what powers existed outside the walls of the city. He continually journeyed to the dark depths of the ocean, learning from the alien aquatic life through strange magic; his rituals warped his form and gifted him with command over the waters themselves. The city, fearful of his growing power, exiled him. Goshg swore revenge, promising that he wouldn’t rest until the city saw him and his findings for the gift that they were.

That was, until, the denizens vanished without a trace. Goshg, resentful of how fate cheated him of revenge, wandered the sea in search of his people. On his journey, he became aware of one nimble survivor: Fizz. He stalked the young warrior, hoping for an opportunity to take him as a prisoner. With Fizz on shore in Bilgewater, Goshg sent a creature of the deep, a massive dragon-shark, to capture him. Fizz promptly defeated the beast, sending Goshg into a rage, revenge eluding him yet again. Goshg was patient, but Fizz was ever reluctant to return to the deeper ocean. Tired of waiting, Goshg abandoned his aquatic hunting grounds for the surface, making beachhead on the polluted shores of Zaun. Approached by members of the Zaunite state, Goshg professed his yearning for revenge. Pledging himself to the powers that be, he was admitted into the League as part of his agreement with Zaun. Now, he stalks the Fields of Justice, showing all his dark gifts.

“A fine specimen; foreign, willing, and, most importantly, potent.”
Singed, the Mad Chemist

Passive – Deep Sea Pact Name:  Deep Sea Pact.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  104.3 KB

Goshg’s offerings to the Deep improve his abilities. Goshg passively gains a Deep Charge every 24/20/16 seconds (max 3); this is affected by Goshg’s Cooldown Reduction. Each of Goshg’s moves can be supplemented with an additional effect by expending a Deep Charge. Goshg loses all Deep Charges upon death.

Animations: Goshg is surrounded by a few small, illuminated bubbles equal to the number of Deep Charges available to him. In addition, an icon is displayed above his move bar, showing the current number available and a reticulated timer over it to show when the next one is available.

*Note*: Having a Deep Charge allows for Goshg to activate an additional move after using one of his basic abilities. For the case of Air Bubble, he can activate whenever it is off cooldown. However, for Kraken's Hold and Eel's Lightning, Goshg must first use Deep Geyser and Jellyfish's Sting, respectively. The icon may possibly change when a Deep Charge is available, and will return to the normal ability after the 2 second grace time expires.

Q – (Passive) Dark Current

Goshg’s knowledge of the Deep creates a dark aura, granting nearby allies increased Mana Regeneration.

Mana Regeneration: (+0.2/+0.3/+0.4/+0.5/+0.6 per second [+1.0/+1.5/+2.0/+2.5/+3.0 per 5 seconds]) + (0.01 AP)
Aura Radius: 700
Animation: A faint deep blue glows from underneath Goshg, emanating out like a water ripple.

(Active – Deep Charge) Air Bubble Name:  Air Bubble.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  161.0 KB

Goshg calls upon his Pact to grant reprise for himself or an ally, causing the target to gain increased Health Regeneration. If the target is below 40% health, then the duration is increased

Health Regeneration: (20/40/60/80/100) + (0.1 AP) per second.
Duration: (3 seconds - *5 seconds)
Range: 600
Cooldown: (24/22/20/18/16 seconds)
Mana Cost: (50/60/70/80/90 mana)
Animation: Goshg raises his staff up into the air, a magical blue light flashing. The target then gains a veil of transparent bubbles, glowing green. The particle speed is faster if the target was below 40% health.

*The 5 second marker is if the target is below 40% health.

W – Deep Geyser Name:  Deep Geyser.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  144.7 KB

After a short delay, Goshg summons a pillar of water under target area, briefly knocking up targets and dealing damage.

Damage: (70/100/130/160/190) + (0.6 AP)
Spell Delay: (1.5 seconds)
Knock-up Duration: (0.75 seconds)
Range: 650
Radius: 300
*Cooldown: (12 seconds)
Mana Cost: (70/80/90/100/110 mana)
Animation: Goshg puts both hands on his staff and raises it above his head. A white foam forms over the targeted area, churning before erupting into a sea-foam pillar of water that immediately dissipates.

*The cooldown does not begin ticking until after the spell is finished casting. Therefore, a rank 1 Deep Geyser will start its cooldown at 12 seconds after the actual move hits.

(Deep Charge) Kraken’s Hold Name:  Kraken's Hold.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  135.3 KB

Goshg calls upon his Pact, immobilizing enemies hit by Deep Geyser for a brief second and dealing additional damage. Goshg has 2 seconds after casting Deep Geyser to activate this ability.

Immobilize Duration: (1.5 seconds)
Damage: (50/80/110/140/170) + (0.4 AP)
Maximum Range: 1000*
Mana Cost: (40/50/60/70/80 mana)
Animation: Goshg clenches his open fist, causing targets affected by Deep Geyser to stop. A water tentacle appears out of the ground underneath the targets, violently grasping around it. It dissipates as soon as the duration ends.

*Assuming the target flashes, teleports, or simply runs out of the original Deep Geyser, Kraken’s Hold cannot trigger if the target is outside the range of the original spell.

E – Jellyfish’s Sting Name:  Jellyfish's Sting.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  125.4 KB

Goshg flicks his staff, causing a tendril to zap his target from afar.

Damage: (50/80/110/140/170) + (0.7 AP)
Range: 700
Cooldown: (12/11/10/9/8 seconds)
Mana Cost: (50/60/70/80/90 mana)
Animation: Goshg flicks his staff, a watery whip-like appendage forming. The tip lashes out at the target. The target flickers for a moment, indicating that they have been struck.

(Deep Charge) Eel’s Lightning Name:  Eel's Lightning.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  124.3 KB

The target emits an electrical pulse. The target is slowed and deals damage to itself and surrounding enemies. Goshg has 2 seconds after casting Jellyfish’s Sting to active this ability.

Movement Speed Reduction: (20%/25%/30%/35%/40% Movement Speed)
Movement Speed Reduction Duration: (2 seconds)
Damage: (50/70/90/110/130) + (0.4 AP)
Splash Damage: (60/80/100/120/140) + (0.6 AP)
Splash Damage Radius: 350
Maximum Range: 700*
Mana Cost: (50/60/70/80/90)
Animation: The target flashes, a series of sparks shooting out. Targets hit by the splash damage share the initial shocking particle, but on a smaller scale.

*Assuming the target flashes, teleports, or simply runs away from Goshg.

R – Contract of the Deep Name:  Contract of The Deep.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  162.5 KB

(Passive)

Reduces the cooldown’s of Goshg’s moves by (4%/7%/10%).

(Active)

Goshg, anticipating battle, channels a brief ceremony. Upon completion, a tidal wave emanates out, knocking back all enemies depending on their proximity to Goshg. In addition, his *cooldowns are reduced and he gains (1/2/3 Deep Charges).

Cooldown: (100/75/50 seconds)
Channel Time: (3/2/1 seconds)
Tidal Wave Range: 650
*Knockback Maximum: 700
**Knockback Minimum: 200
Mana Cost: (100/125/150 mana)
***Cooldown Reduction: (10 seconds) for all abilities
Animation: Goshg slams his staff into the ground, a small symbol appearing underneath him. Once he finishes, the symbol illuminates brightly, indicating that the move was successful. If interrupted, the symbol flickers, slowly fading away. A small wave foams around Goshg, shooting out upon completion. The wave diminishes the longer it travels, finally dissipating into foam at maximum range.

*The Knockback Maximum is for enemies within 125 units (melee distance).
**The Knockback Minimum is for people within roughly 400 units.
***This only means that if an ability is on cooldown, the timer is reduced by ten. So if you have 15 seconds left on Air Bubble, then, after casting Contract of the Deep, the cooldown goes down to 5 seconds.

Recommended Items:

Mana Manipulator
Sight Stone
Boots of Speed
Shard of True Ice
Eleisa's Miracle
Rylai’s Crystal Scepter

Lines:

Upon Selection: Do not take me for some cuttlefish.

Move 1: To the abyss.
Move 2: The maelstrom churns.
Move 3: From the shadowy depths.
Move 4: The ocean’s call…leads to a watery grave.
Move 5: Mighty waves begin in the depths.
Move 6: No hope exists beneath the surface.
Move 7: Can you swim, summoner?
Move 8: Brine and muck.

Attack 1: Pull them under.
Attack 2: They will make fine sacrifices.
Attack 3: The cunning sea serpent corners his victim.
Attack 4: Drag down!
Attack 5: They will find comfort in the seabed.

Ult Channel 1: My prayers will not go unheard!
Ult Channel 2: Heed my call!
Ult Channel 3: *Maniacal cackling*

Taunt 1: Swim lightly, or I may swallow you!
Taunt 2: I’ve seen bigger jaws on bait!

Joke 1: A game within a game? Hmm…we have to go deeper…
Joke 2: Don’t worry about the match; I’m used to heavy pressure.

Death 1: Graaah...aaah...
Death 2: Even through...all that?

Hidden Taunt (when Fizz is near): Back from the pond, slippery tadpole?
Hidden Joke (when near Baron): …Bertha? Sorry; thought you looked familiar...
Hidden Passive (when on River): Goshg’s scales glow a light, luminescent blue.

Dance: The Salmon Dance
http://youtu.be/dDj7DuHVV9E?t=1m6s

Tips playing Goshg:

-Goshg can either take a solo lane or act as a support; consult with your teammates beforehand.
-Goshg is very squishy; be sure to keep space between you and your enemies.
-There are a few ways to play Goshg; choose to prioritize either harass or sustain depending on your lane.
-When assaulting a single target, be sure to lead with Jellyfish's Sting; the slow from Eel's Lightning allows you to follow up with an easy placed Deep Geyser.
-Your ultimate has a channel time that prevents it from being immediately usable. Be sure to take advantage of bushes and line-of-sight.
-Goshg's ultimate possess a knock-back upon completion; be sure to position yourself to repel unwanted attackers.

Tips playing against Goshg:
-Goshg has a number of crowd control effects available to him, but only if he has a Deep Charge; keep track of them to know when to strike.
-Goshg has no immediate escapes and is reliant on his harass; be sure to send in an assassin or utilize minor crowd control to take care of him before a teamfight begins.
-Goshg's greatest strength is in his team; he is a rather weak duelist. Use this to your advantage.
-Goshg's ultimate has a channel time; be sure to save a crowd control effect to interrupt him to drastically reduce his usefulness in a teamfight.

Appearance:

Goshg possesses a fairly gaunt, serpentine look by comparison to Fizz. Not only is he taller, but he is also a much darker blue to coincide with the depths of the ocean. In addition, he also has a strange translucent frill following the edge of his spine. His pupils are a deep yellow, and his face is slightly curved into a Machiavellian grin. He wields an Atlantean-esque staff weathered by age in his right hand and has a short, black priestly cloth around his shoulders.

Skin Ideas:

Marquis Goshg:
Complete with a large, white wig, fluffy lace, and gratuitous amounts of make-up, this skin is fresh out of a Baroque French Aristocratic fashion show. His staff is, of course, encrusted with gold and wood imported from his personal plantation in the New World (of Zaun).
Name:  Goshg aristocrat.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  997.0 KB

Tundra Goshg:
Fizz may look adorable in his Tundra hunting outfit, but Goshg is ready to lead the tribe with his seal outfit. Don’t let his placid look fool you; he’s still crazy at heart (and just plain crazy). His seagull feathered headdress and plain wooden staff with ice crystal indicates his place as a shaman of the fictitious Tundra tribe.
Name:  Goshg tundra.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  820.3 KB

Bagpipesman Goshg (Legendary):
From the Lowlands of the Deep, Goshg rises, giving the surface a taste of the strange instruments beneath the waves. With his trusty pipes, he tuts a tune for every Deep charge expended and spell cast. Short of this minor alteration, a complete alteration of his dialogue and spell particles accompany this strange, strange fish's journey across the surface. God bless the mighty Sea Serpent and the Deep.
Name:  Goshg Bagpipesman.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  199.8 KB

Concept:

Another of my tries at support. In a way, he’s like Karma in that he lacks a true ultimate, but he lacks the burst that Karma posses; instead of bursting, he provides gratuitous amounts of hard and soft CC. Still, he keeps busy both laning and in fights with his regenerating heal and his lash. Of course, his biggest teamfight contributions involve using his Deep Charges, making careful management over the course of a prolonged fight ideal. As a result, he excels in poke comps, keeping pressure with his Jellyfish’s Sting and Deep Gesyer, all the while setting up plays for his teamfights via his mana regen and health regen.

First thing that happened when designing Goshg was thinking of an interesting system. After looking through DotA and LoL character pages, I decided to mix and match a few elements, adding my own flair. I took a pseudo Lee Sin move-set with a Karma Mantra approach, ending up with the Deep Sea Pact. As a result, I created the first move to be either passive or relatively weak to accommodate for the second move. From there, I decided on what I wanted the champion concept to look like. Now, I will admit and say that Fizz has been the most fun I’ve had with a champion in quite a while, so I read through his background and looked up what made Fizz. After reading through his story, I found an opportunity to create another water-based champion. Instead of Fizz’s innocent and playful nature, I decided to conjure a twisted image of that feeling: manipulating, controlling, and distancing. So, Goshg came to be.

After I decided on an aesthetic and background, I plugged the passive in and started to work on moves. I knew I wanted some sort of water-spout (inspired from DotA’s Admiral) and a passive mana regen aura (seems like a very “water” ability). From there, I decided to increase Goshg’s support ability, but instead of a straight-up heal, I decided to experiment with regeneration effects. I did the math, and the 3 second duration is technically weaker than a normal heal (compared to Soraka and Taric), so I felt it didn’t make him too strong in respect to other supports. However, the increased duration for lower health is meant to be an incentive to keep aggression strong, so as to enjoy the fullest benefits possible. In addition, I need him to have a move that helped him with poking, creating the Jellyfish’s sting. It has a 800 range, but limited damage. However, the movespeed reduction and possible stun makes it ideal for your fellow champions to land those skill-shots.

Finally, I came across the issue of having an ult. With so much utility, I felt anything short of the current passive would register as broken. As a result, I gave a small passive CDR and a move that tied in with something along the lines of a sort of ritual. By having a channel time, it’s not something that can be simply popped mid-teamfight without any repercussion. As a result, it requires careful planning to ensure that you don’t get insta-gibbed while you’re standing still for it to finish casting.

For his damage output, some people might complain about how little he technically does, especially in regards to his base stats. However, you must remember that he technically has two moves wrapped in one on top of the AP ratios for both moves. So, when concluding on whether or not he does enough damage, you have to include the secondary effect; you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much he actually does already, not even considering AP. Also, he's a support. :P

Post what you think, any issues you think might come up, and always be sure to vote!

(In case you were wondering, the choices rank in terms of 1 to 5. 5 being the highest, 1 being the lowest. I thought I’d try to be creative instead of saying “Yes, maybe, no”. :P )

Changes:

August 06, 2013
-Reuploaded the art and added a new skin for Goshg.
December
-Altered Goshg's Movespeed to be in-tune with the new stat changes.
-Altered Goshg's recommended items since the item overhaul.
May 28
-Removed the Grievous Wound effect from Jellyfish's Sting.
-Altered the lore just a tad.
-Adjusted the CDR from the ult to line-up more with other items and masteries.
-Altered Goshg's recommended items.
May 9:
-Added my voice.
April 10:
-Double checked structure and sentences; changed a few lines around.
March 1:
-Nerfed Deep Pact, removing the extra charge per 4 spells clause.
-Reduced the mana regeneration on Dark Current because sustain is bad, m'kay?
-Removed the max distance a character could move from the initial cast area on Air Bubble.
-Switched the grievous wound and slow on Jellyfish's Sting and Eel's Lightning. In addition, I removed the silence on the move.
-In addition, I buffed the base numbers and ratios on Jellyfish's Sting.
-I've been thinking of changing the utl; not sure yet. :P

February 8:
-Changed the Stun on Eel's Lightning to a Silence.
-To accommodate, I increased the Slow and Slow Duration on Jellyfish's Sting.
February 4:
-Added a League Judgment; enjoy.
February 2:
-Adding out more things you'd expect of a League champion, including tips. May make a Judgment.
-Added Skin art.
-Added a particle to Goshg's Innate Passive.
January 30
-Stexe the Abjucator posted on page 3; life gets better and better. ;_;
January 29
-Red Post horri shietto~
-Changed his ult to include a knock-back.
-Reduced his base Mana Regen since Dark Current made it a little over-the-top.
January 27:
-Added art!
January 9:
-Altered Jellyfish's Sting and Eel's Lightning to be more stable in terms of damage.
-Nerfed the instant cooldown on Contract of the Deep refresher to half.
-Buffed the channel time to compensate.
-Made the cooldowns for Deep Geyser and Kraken's Hold 12 at all ranks.
January 6:
-Increased the base stats and ratio on Air Bubble.
-Elaborated on how Deep Charges worked.
-Included a stun duration on Eel's Lightning.
-Reduced the initial spell delay on Deep Geyser
January 5:
-Altered some of his lines.
January 4:
-Expanded upon his concept and his passive a little bit. The initial response seemed a tad confused on what I had intended, so I'm trying to clear that up.
-Added mana costs.
-Curse you Olaf, claimer of move names! You have claimed Undertow for the last time!

**EDIT** I forgot a "T" in the 4th option. FUUUUUU-

Not Alan

01-04-2012

Innate: Sounds fine. Perhaps too similar to Karma?

Q: A regen aura seems more suited to a support champ than a vengeful mage. I see you've listed Support as one of his roles, but that doesn't really fit Goshg's background. Then again, Morgana is kind of in a similar boat. Theme aside, the ability looks fine to me. Does it cost a Deep Charge to use the active?

W: I like the name. It could stand to do more damage, I think. The delay should be much shorter. 3 seconds should be ridiculously easy to juke, even with a radius of 350. Cho'gath's rupture only has a 0.75 second delay, though the radius is only 175. Maybe keep it at 1 second for all ranks, or at worst have it go 2/1.75/1.5/1.25/1 second delay.

Kraken's Hold is a snare effect, right? Does the snare occur immediately after the knock-up, or can it be activated after Undertow has already hit? The latter would be very interesting (and I would guess it is the latter since activating it 2 seconds after Undertow means after the knock-up at rank 5). If you were balancing the damage on Undertow with Kraken's Hold in mind, I'd suggesting increasing the damage on the former and lowering it on the latter.

E: Again, this could probably have increased damage, but the splash damage and high AP ratio on the Deep Charge part make it pretty appealing to save up a charge for the extra burst... hm. My main concern now is that this mage might have too much movement CC with the snare on W and the stun on E.

The first sentence for the Deep Charge active should probably be rewritten -- "The target emits an electrical impulse from the target." Eh? :P

R: At first, the passive CDR seems tacked on and superfluous to me, but it fits with the Active. However, it is extremely underwhelming for an ultimate, especially for something needing such a long channel (especially at early ranks). It just doesn't seem practical.

Overall -- I like it. I think I'd like it more if the healing support aspect was removed in favour of a full-fledged mage kit, and if the ult was more interesting.

To be fair, almost all of the concerns I've brought up below were addressed by you in your "Concept" section, and it seems everything was intentional. Not sure what else I can say about that. :P

The Lore is great. I actually have a Support champion concept that also relates to Fizz and his people:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1639035

I'd appreciate your thoughts on her, if you have the time. More regen effects! :P

evawin

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Alan View Post
Innate: Sounds fine. Perhaps too similar to Karma?

Q: A regen aura seems more suited to a support champ than a vengeful mage. I see you've listed Support as one of his roles, but that doesn't really fit Goshg's background. Then again, Morgana is kind of in a similar boat. Theme aside, the ability looks fine to me. Does it cost a Deep Charge to use the active?
Not all supports have to be nice, though. His lore fits the role of support because of how he tries to manipulate his new-found allies while simultaneously manipulating the enemy. That's one of the reasons why Air Bubble has a maximum range; so they don't stray too far. >:3

Quote:
W: I like the name. It could stand to do more damage, I think. The delay should be much shorter. 3 seconds should be ridiculously easy to juke, even with a radius of 350. Cho'gath's rupture only has a 0.75 second delay, though the radius is only 175. Maybe keep it at 1 second for all ranks, or at worst have it go 2/1.75/1.5/1.25/1 second delay.
The name is rather cool, if I do say so myself. ;3

I also noticed that you cite the damage as a major flaw in the character currently. However, I must insist that he does enough damage as is. It is important to remember that he also has a second move attached to it (assuming he has a Deep Charge) on top of a second AP ratio. So, let's assume he took Undertow/Kraken's Hold at level 1. Timing it perfectly, he manages to land it on the incoming team in the jungle despite the 3 second delay. Already, the team took 70 damage without regards to either Goshg's current AP or the enemy champion's MR. Now, on top of that, he can cast Kraken's Hold to affect everyone that's been hit, dealing an additional 50 damage AND snaring them. That's already 120 base damage at level 1; that is incredibly strong. Granted, it has a 3 second delay to prevent those kinds of shenanigans from happening, but it is still possible. That's kind of why the early ranks have a near unbearable delay. :P

Quote:
Kraken's Hold is a snare effect, right? Does the snare occur immediately after the knock-up, or can it be activated after Undertow has already hit? The latter would be very interesting (and I would guess it is the latter since activating it 2 seconds after Undertow means after the knock-up at rank 5). If you were balancing the damage on Undertow with Kraken's Hold in mind, I'd suggesting increasing the damage on the former and lowering it on the latter.
The option to activate Kraken's Hold can happen up to 2 seconds after Undertow hitting the targets (not upon casting). So you can use Kraken's Hold at level 1, but you need to do it within 2 seconds of Undertow hitting.

Quote:
E: Again, this could probably have increased damage, but the splash damage and high AP ratio on the Deep Charge part make it pretty appealing to save up a charge for the extra burst... hm. My main concern now is that this mage might have too much movement CC with the snare on W and the stun on E.
But that's half of how he supports. <:3c

Quote:
The first sentence for the Deep Charge active should probably be rewritten -- "The target emits an electrical impulse from the target." Eh? :P
Whoops. Fixed. :P

Quote:
R: At first, the passive CDR seems tacked on and superfluous to me, but it fits with the Active. However, it is extremely underwhelming for an ultimate, especially for something needing such a long channel (especially at early ranks). It just doesn't seem practical.
His other moves are very strong. Therefore, having some sort of "HERE'S AN ULTIMATE COMING AT YA'!" move seemed very overpowered considering the amount of utility Goshg already possessed. As for the channel time, it's not meant to be used mid-teamfight. Instead, he is meant to poke with his abilities first, pop his ult to regain his lost charges, and then commit to a teamfight afterward.

Quote:
Overall -- I like it. I think I'd like it more if the healing support aspect was removed in favour of a full-fledged mage kit, and if the ult was more interesting.

To be fair, almost all of the concerns I've brought up below were addressed by you in your "Concept" section, and it seems everything was intentional. Not sure what else I can say about that. :P
:3

Quote:
The Lore is great. I actually have a Support champion concept that also relates to Fizz and his people:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1639035

I'd appreciate your thoughts on her, if you have the time. More regen effects! :P
Reading through that now.

Not Alan

01-04-2012

I just realized that Undertow is already the name of one of Olaf's abilities. :P

evawin

01-04-2012

Quote:
I just realized that Undertow is already the name of one of Olaf's abilities. :P
....fuuuuu-

OninomizuRaaxon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Nice lore, and I love the quote from Singed - since I'm a Singed player myself

Passive: Interesting... So you can manually charge it quickly by casting spells, or you can wait patiently for it to come on its own... That in itself shows his character as seen from his lore.

Q: Nice, always love mana regen... Grab yourself a Mana Manipulator as your first item, head off to lane with a caster... That would prove deadly. Again, as I said, I'm a Singed player, so being the mana hungry chemist I am, this would be a really good lane partner.

The active is also really nice - however, I think this should be a more powerful heal over time at higher levels. Maybe increase it by 15 or so per level? Otherwise its very weak late game, where an AoE HoT would be really good.

W: I like this! This would be his nuke-hard CC that all supports have. Nice damage, nice scaling, nice cooldown, nice cost... However, maybe make it a 1 second delay across the levels - 3 second delay is very long, and you'd most like put one level in this and leave to fully upgrade at level 14.

The second part is even more nuke-y - and has an extra CC attached. Is the immobilise just a Snare, or is it stun?

E: Another CC with Grievous Wound on it... This would make him an efficient anti-support too, with 50% less healing... A bit expensive for not doing damage, and a bit of a low slow for only really slowing. Maybe up the slow a bit? That being said, I haven't looked at the Deep Charge part...

Ah, I see... It does have damage attached. And another hard CC! How long is the stun duration?

R: Nice passive, and interesting active... This doesn't really have a support feel to it, maybe have a radius in which cooldowns are halved for all nearby allies when activated?

All in all, a nice champion! I'm not sure about having the CD of the second abilities different to the first... Would be annoying if you wanted to use the second part but it was still on CD for a few more seconds... A lot can happen in a few seconds...

Now, I'm not used to building supports, but lets see how we go:

Soul Shroud
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Shurelia's Reverie
Abyssal Scepter
Deathfire Grasp
Morello's Evil Tome/Rabadon's Deathcap

I find it amusing that you didn't put a Doran's item in the Recommended Items list. Also, while Rylai's would be good, the stun and the knockup/snare would eat up most of the slow duration. Though, Recommended items never means they're good.

Also, the name makes me think "Goshdarn", which then made me think of another joke "Goshdarn? You must mean my brother."

evawin

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OninomizuRaaxon View Post
Nice lore, and I love the quote from Singed - since I'm a Singed player myself

Quote:
Passive: Interesting... So you can manually charge it quickly by casting spells, or you can wait patiently for it to come on its own... That in itself shows his character as seen from his lore.
:3

Quote:
Q: Nice, always love mana regen... Grab yourself a Mana Manipulator as your first item, head off to lane with a caster... That would prove deadly. Again, as I said, I'm a Singed player, so being the mana hungry chemist I am, this would be a really good lane partner.
Yeah; a mana regen aura has been flaunted to death on supports in this forum, but that doesn't mean I won't stop from putting it in an ability. :3

Quote:
The active is also really nice - however, I think this should be a more powerful heal over time at higher levels. Maybe increase it by 15 or so per level? Otherwise its very weak late game, where an AoE HoT would be really good.
Hmm...interesting. I checked the math, and, even with the 5 second duration, the regeneration only did 205 health with no bonus to anything else (like Soraka's Armor Buff). In light of this, I decided to buff the ratio by 0.05 and raise the base numbers a bit. So, at max level, if your target is below 40%, they'll regain 500; if not, then it'll only be 300 base.

Quote:
W: I like this! This would be his nuke-hard CC that all supports have. Nice damage, nice scaling, nice cooldown, nice cost... However, maybe make it a 1 second delay across the levels - 3 second delay is very long, and you'd most like put one level in this and leave to fully upgrade at level 14.

The second part is even more nuke-y - and has an extra CC attached. Is the immobilise just a Snare, or is it stun?
I've been getting the note to reduce the cooldown a lot; I think I'll do that. It's not 1.5 delay at all ranks. :P

As for the Kraken's Hold, yes, it is a snare; you can still auto and stuff, but you just can't move.

Quote:
E: Another CC with Grievous Wound on it... This would make him an efficient anti-support too, with 50% less healing... A bit expensive for not doing damage, and a bit of a low slow for only really slowing. Maybe up the slow a bit? That being said, I haven't looked at the Deep Charge part...

Ah, I see... It does have damage attached. And another hard CC! How long is the stun duration?
The cost is do accommodate for the 700 range and the free stun afterward.

Speaking of stuns, I gave it a hard number (1 second).

Quote:
R: Nice passive, and interesting active... This doesn't really have a support feel to it, maybe have a radius in which cooldowns are halved for all nearby allies when activated?
Perhaps you're right, but I want to see what others have to say before I start giving the ult a team wide aura. From the numbers I've run, he's pretty good so far with his CC, and having another aura might be too much. Still, I'll wait until other people speak out on the issue.

Quote:
All in all, a nice champion! I'm not sure about having the CD of the second abilities different to the first... Would be annoying if you wanted to use the second part but it was still on CD for a few more seconds... A lot can happen in a few seconds...
Interesting; I'll think about removing the cooldown for the Deep Charge moves.

Quote:
Now, I'm not used to building supports, but lets see how we go:

Soul Shroud
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Shurelia's Reverie
Abyssal Scepter
Deathfire Grasp
Morello's Evil Tome/Rabadon's Deathcap

I find it amusing that you didn't put a Doran's item in the Recommended Items list. Also, while Rylai's would be good, the stun and the knockup/snare would eat up most of the slow duration. Though, Recommended items never means they're good.
Getting a Faerie Charms allows for immediate ward purchasing!

But yeah, when I gave the items, I tried to imagine: "What would Phreak do..." and that's not always the optimal. ("As you can see here, I play Goshg as a jungler..." :P )

Quote:
Also, the name makes me think "Goshdarn", which then made me think of another joke "Goshdarn? You must mean my brother."
Lol; maybe. He already has quite a few lines, so I may rework one of his jokes to address his unfortunate name. :P

Patchness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Alrighty

Goshg, The Dark Dweller, Abridged Version
Also known as, Goshg, Owned By Fizz and Fate

Goshg was a cool guy who liked deep sea creatures, but soon came to suffer from deep-sea gigantism from spending too much time under water. The other people didn't like this and kicked him out.

A-holes.

He swore revenge, but fate beat him to it. This was known as 'The First Owning of Goshg'. Fate whiped out the entirety of the people just to spite Goshg. Then he found out Fizz had survived and sent a totally badass monster to kill him.

And failed.

This was known as 'The Second Owning of Goshg'.

Y'know what? I like this backstory. I like it a lot. It wasn't Goshg was so powerful he got noticed. It wasn't a trivial act of revenge that brought him to the league. It was contrivance. I don't see enough original ideas like 'Life screwed me out of my home, my joy, my revenge, my revenge again, so I'm just sort of here now'. I'm tired of seeing 'I'm so powerful the league noticed me and recruited me.'

Thank you evawin. Thus far, one of the more enjoyable lores.

Passive: Alright. I want to see where you're going with this.

Q: Mana regen aura? Oh my god, I want this support. On my lane. Always. I am like, the worst AD carry when it comes to mana. Also? Too weak. 0.9 per second is just not enough. Maybe tweak it to 1.5 or 2 at max level. Early on it would just do so very little. I guess it could still start at 0.5. On the flip side, I'm a little tiny bit weary of a 300 heal that could be a 500 heal. Then I saw the cooldown and I thought it was okay.

W: I like it, and the extra effect. Seems pretty cool to me.

E: Interesting. I also like this.

R: :O

Okay, one of the first things I thought when I saw this guy is 'Why not play him as a straight caster. You can stun someone easy with the jellyfish thing, then put a geyser underneth them and give them hell for a lengthy CC.'

And then I realised its because they have no real way to charge deep counters.

The ult helps with this problem, but with no way to easily charge them it is safe to slump Goshg into the support field, as you'll end up spending most of your time charging so you can heal your lane buddy.

Alright, I'm going to go with two builds.

Firstly, Support
Regrowth and gold mastery + 1 ward, philo stone, boots, heart of gold, kage's pick, Soul Shroud, Rylai's, Deathcap/Abyssal/Will (sell pick, last slot for wards)

Take W first for interrupt, then Q at level 2. Level up where necessary, but its hard to say what. Q needs to be levelled up to really mean much late game.

Caster Build\ (Mid lane)
Dorans, Boots, Dorans, Dorans, DEATHCAP, Will of Ancients, Abyssal Scepter, Hourglass, something with health in it :O

Start with W, use that to charge up. Take Q at second level if you need healing otherwise don't take it at all. Level up E to max first. Charge up two counters, use E, stun the target, place a geyser beneath them, stun them into place. Hard ganks.

Post level 6? Repeat above, but then pop your ult and do it again for a full CC duration of about 5 seconds.

Hm.

evawin, I adore your suggestion, but they CC too hard when using their ult. Maybe just drop all CD's to 1 second instead? I know its less effective, but being able to chain that much CC is GG.

PS: Why 3.3% attack speed? Seems kinda high for a support. :P

DarkPercy

01-08-2012

Passive: kk

Q: The ability is a good idea as whole but yes there are some problems with it.

Your ability heals alot but has no secondary effect so it's pretty balanced. But it's exactly what Riot destroyed a bumch of patches ago. Notice how they reduced Soraka's healing but buffed the Armor gain? Notice how they Nerfed Sona heal but increased the defensive stats it gives? Decrease Taric heal but cooldown is reduced by much more when he hits champions? etc.

Riot hates sustain and your champ is THE king of sustain. Healing is high and cooldown is low. GG.

I suggest: Lower healing. Like, halve it or something. Then add a cool secondary effect to it, I'm sure you can find something cool.

Also, why does the heal last longer when target is low on HP? When you are low on HP, what you want is MOAR heal per second, not a longer heal.

I suggest: It always lasts 3 seconds but heal/effect is increased when target is low on HP.

EDIT: Just noticed that you can only use the ability if you have a Passive Charge? That kinda sucks...
Your ability is simply a passive and if you get lucky you can actually do something with it?

I suggest you make the heal the normal active and with deep charge it adds a little bonus effect or more healing.

W: I assume you can use the second part of W before the first one knocked up? That way you can stun the enemy champs to make sure your Geyser will hit? If that's how it works, it's awesome.

Although I have to admit that it does make me think of Cho' Gath Rupture (Q) :/. It's okay, there are some other abilities that are similar in the game.

E: Simply put, the first E is too weak and the second one is too strong in comparison. I think the problem is that your E doesn't deal much damage and doesn't slow by that much neither. Buff one or both of these aspects.

First part: Base damage too weak (the AP ratio is alright). How long does the slow last? It's quite weak atm.

Second part: Does the main target get the damage from splash too? I hope not lol. The base damage is alright on this one but the AP ratios are weird. I notice the splash has higher base damage but lower AP ratio? 0.8 AP ratio is a little too high if you consider that the first part already had 0.5. That means 1.3 together...It's too high for such a low cooldown ability. 1.3 is Malza'har Ultimate AP ratio lol. Also, it think it kinda sucks that the second part stuns because it will make the slow from the first part useless : O.

I suggest: Increase first part base damage, decrease second part AP ratio. Make the second part slow even more instead of stunning.

R: Very well done. I like it alot. Not much against it. Except maybe the channel time being a little too high :/. By the time your channel will be done, your abilities will already be off cooldown. lol

Channel time should be almost unnoticeable. Like 1/0.75/0.5 second channel.

I really love your champ. I'm glad to review a champ that isn't broken like hell (lol). Your champ has a good role and he is quite unique. I can easily see him in game. Good job.

evawin

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchness View Post
Alrighty

Goshg, The Dark Dweller, Abridged Version
Also known as, Goshg, Owned By Fizz and Fate

Goshg was a cool guy who liked deep sea creatures, but soon came to suffer from deep-sea gigantism from spending too much time under water. The other people didn't like this and kicked him out.

A-holes.

He swore revenge, but fate beat him to it. This was known as 'The First Owning of Goshg'. Fate whiped out the entirety of the people just to spite Goshg. Then he found out Fizz had survived and sent a totally badass monster to kill him.

And failed.

This was known as 'The Second Owning of Goshg'.

Y'know what? I like this backstory. I like it a lot. It wasn't Goshg was so powerful he got noticed. It wasn't a trivial act of revenge that brought him to the league. It was contrivance. I don't see enough original ideas like 'Life screwed me out of my home, my joy, my revenge, my revenge again, so I'm just sort of here now'. I'm tired of seeing 'I'm so powerful the league noticed me and recruited me.'

Thank you evawin. Thus far, one of the more enjoyable lores.
I never thought someone else would like a champion who wasn't a super-special-snowflake; that's pretty much what I had in mind when I made him.

Quote:
Passive: Alright. I want to see where you're going with this.
>:3

Quote:
Q: Mana regen aura? Oh my god, I want this support. On my lane. Always. I am like, the worst AD carry when it comes to mana. Also? Too weak. 0.9 per second is just not enough. Maybe tweak it to 1.5 or 2 at max level. Early on it would just do so very little. I guess it could still start at 0.5. On the flip side, I'm a little tiny bit weary of a 300 heal that could be a 500 heal. Then I saw the cooldown and I thought it was okay.
Every day I'm shuffling...er...pushing...with Sivir...and Yorick... :P

Hmm...increasing the mana regen might be a good idea, considering how little 4.5 per five is. And yes, I carefully balanced the heal with the utmost care. It is weaker than a Soraka and Taric heal at pretty much all ranks with the exception of when the it triggers at the <40% mark. I may normalize the cooldown on the heal to 20 seconds...I don't know.

Quote:
W: I like it, and the extra effect. Seems pretty cool to me.
Sploosh!

Quote:
E: Interesting. I also like this.
Zap! :3

Quote:
R: :O

Okay, one of the first things I thought when I saw this guy is 'Why not play him as a straight caster. You can stun someone easy with the jellyfish thing, then put a geyser underneth them and give them hell for a lengthy CC.'

And then I realised its because they have no real way to charge deep counters.

The ult helps with this problem, but with no way to easily charge them it is safe to slump Goshg into the support field, as you'll end up spending most of your time charging so you can heal your lane buddy.
Yeah; I'm trying to keep him away from being a dedicated caster considering the amount of CC and utility he has. Hence why the channel time for his ult is so extreme. It's basically so he can't go: E -> Deep Charge -> W -> Deep Charge -> Ult -> E -> Deep Charge -> W -> Deep Charge. If the channel time was any shorter, he could keep a person in permanent CC for about ten seconds, and that would be ridiculous. Hence why the channel time is above immediate (highest rank being 1.5 seconds).

Quote:
Alright, I'm going to go with two builds.

Firstly, Support
Regrowth and gold mastery + 1 ward, philo stone, boots, heart of gold, kage's pick, Soul Shroud, Rylai's, Deathcap/Abyssal/Will (sell pick, last slot for wards)

Take W first for interrupt, then Q at level 2. Level up where necessary, but its hard to say what. Q needs to be levelled up to really mean much late game.
Standard support, for the most part. I dig it. ;3

Quote:
Caster Build\ (Mid lane)
Dorans, Boots, Dorans, Dorans, DEATHCAP, Will of Ancients, Abyssal Scepter, Hourglass, something with health in it :O

Start with W, use that to charge up. Take Q at second level if you need healing otherwise don't take it at all. Level up E to max first. Charge up two counters, use E, stun the target, place a geyser beneath them, stun them into place. Hard ganks.

Post level 6? Repeat above, but then pop your ult and do it again for a full CC duration of about 5 seconds.
Solid AP might be cool as well. AP FOR THE AP GOD!

Quote:
Hm.

evawin, I adore your suggestion, but they CC too hard when using their ult. Maybe just drop all CD's to 1 second instead? I know its less effective, but being able to chain that much CC is GG.
The 2 second snare might be too much, but the 0.75 second knock-up is ok (in my book, anyway). The only other CC he has is the 1 second stun after using his E. Maybe I'll have a shorter delay timer between moves (1/1.5 seconds instead of 2 to make players commit rather than let the CC maximize).

Quote:
PS: Why 3.3% attack speed? Seems kinda high for a support. :P
Is it? I checked on other champions, and that seemed rather low.

1234511 ... 19