How do I last longer in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Annaed

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Höllgeist View Post
In summoners rift I usually plays as Teemo or Ryze. When Ms. Fortune is free I'll play her and sometimes I pick random champions. As for play style, I really just build all damage items and try to stay behind other team members. I know that I can't play melee characters, that's just asking for me to get ganked. I usually rely on my abilities over basic attacks, even for Teemo I tend to just use mushrooms mainly.

Also, how do you view people's profiles and are runes really worth it? It doesn't seem that they add much stat-wise.
Ryze is a great pick for bot lane in dominion. Like mentioned by inkyjinx do not build him like you would most mages. If you play him on SR you should have some idea on how to build him. Go tear-archangels-glacial shroud-frozen heart-ROA. Anything that gives you mana and sustainability.

Champ selection, however, is not the key to victory. Map awareness is so incredibly important. The people you are matched with may not be very skilled with dominion either so it is important to lead them if you want to win. Ping important capture points or points that require assistance. Don't try to push a point that is being camped on by several of your opponents, go for an open point. With that being said, try to keep the points closest to your base capped because those will be the easiest to defend. Once you have 3 points, its important to remember not to get greedy and go for the 5 cap, unless they are aced. Defend but also put pressure. Push minion waves but don't push out far enough to get ganked. If you see teammates that are in danger of being surrounded, retreat ping them.

Keep an eye out for the backdooring champs (ie. rammus, shaco, evelyn, twitch), stop them asap.

One VERY important thing to remember is DYING DOES MATTER. Don't be a suicide bomber unless you know your teammates can clean up the mess and cap a point or hold a point you are defending. If you know you can't stop 3 enemies from taking a point by urself, don't try (again, unless teammates are on their way). Dance around them, try to distract them, but DO NOT dive in and get yourself killed. If you see the right opportunity, just go back door them, neutralize a point, and get out b4 they get you.

Lastly, also like inkyjinx said, runes are very important, especially for early game. Invest in ones that are beneficial for the champs you are best with. Check out builds on mobafire or leaguecraft to see what kind of runes you should be buying.

Hope this helps

Inkyjinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
you forgot solo bot in the role list, for dom
i 'forgot' a lot of roles, but it was in the interest of keeping it simple for someone new. but you are correct.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

01-04-2012

bad team comps that result in a 5-cap stompout:

- teams consisting of 4 or more champions who are weak early game and stronger late game/when farmed. most of the time you will lose before any of these champions mature, and even if they do you still have to carry the weight of the ones that haven't matured yet.
- teams consisting of many champions who need to be protected and no protective champions are present on the team. a lot of champions lose potential when they aren't hiding behind a sturdier CC champ like maokai, rammus, blitz, taric, or alistar. some champs are almost completely useless without a wall in front of em.
- teams lacking answers to shaco boxes (i.e. you are all melee and none of you are yorick). yes, shaco boxes can shut down an entire team if nobody is able to destroy them without setting off the fear themselves.
- teams where nobody gets health or a prospector's first item, or where they lack good runes/masteries. this ties in with the first point - prospector's is a powerful early game item and everyone who rushes another item instead of prospector's is trading away early game strength in exchange for hitting late game 975 gold sooner.
- teams consisting of many champions who share a common weakness. if you're all AD or all AP champs, you're going to get walled. if you're all champs who are allergic to CC, you're going to lose bad to blitzcrank. it's better for your team to have lots of smaller weaknesses than one huge one because it becomes much harder for one or two champs to counter you.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Quote:
Also, how do you view people's profiles and are runes really worth it? It doesn't seem that they add much stat-wise.
Yes, runes are mandatory. If you don't have them, your opponent who does will beat you almost every time, 'cause the fight isn't fair. Think of how many fights you've almost won & how big a difference it would make to your games if you could get one or two more attacks or spells off in them.

For two simple rune pages, pick up CDR blues, armor yellows, and switch out pages with 1 page arpen and one page mpen for reds. Quints take health or ms, which ever you like more. These will set you back a lot of IP, but will work extremely well for most champs and pretty well for everyone else. (If you will never jungle in SR, you could take health/lvl yellows instead, but armor's not worse & lets you jungle with the best of them.)

iamtehLoLrus

01-04-2012

Quote:
In summoners rift I usually plays as Teemo or Ryze. When Ms. Fortune is free I'll play her and sometimes I pick random champions. As for play style, I really just build all damage items and try to stay behind other team members. I know that I can't play melee characters, that's just asking for me to get ganked. I usually rely on my abilities over basic attacks, even for Teemo I tend to just use mushrooms mainly.

Runes make a huge difference early. Its like him starting with 1000+ gold in extra items.

If you dont have the IP to get a full set of tier 3 runes, buy the tier 1 versions to get a full book. Tier one runes are 50% of the effectiveness for 1/10 the cost and well worth it if you cant afford to get t3 runes right away.

Höllgeist

01-05-2012

Thanks to everyone for the tips so far. Once I play again I will have to try some of them out. I especially like the part about not solo guarding a point. I'm usually assigned by friends to do that, but I think I'll try not standing around doing that. Who knows, maybe we won't lose sub 6 minutes any more.

Turbo Bear

01-06-2012

Read Rumble's post. One of the most important factors is just knowing how to play the map. It's a very different game than SR. Worry about learning the game first, then once you;re comfortable playing it you can try to change champs. Take your best one in and figure it out, then worry about the rest.

DG TheFeedski

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkyjinx View Post
also:

checked out your profile, you've had a rough go as of late.

when you're new to lv. 30, remember that EVERYONE you play against has more experience and full rune pages for bunches of champs. really, your first ton of games is about re-learning how to play at lv. 30 and farming IP for runes.

check out solomid.net or leaguecraft.com or the like for tips and guides, including builds. i prefer solomid.net.
I prefer DominateDominion.com for my guides.