What do you build on vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NavyGothic

01-04-2012

I have no idea why this is in Dominion, but...

On-hit makes sense for champions that already do a lot of magic damage like Kog or Kayle or Teemo. You build on-hit with Malady for the penetration, and *maybe* Sorc Boots make sense (though I still doubt it; if you're going on-hit, you want autoattack speed).

But for Vayne? Why on earth would you go on-hit / MPen? She gets huge damage bonuses from her dodge, and her silver bolts are true damage. On-hit with MPen makes no sense whatsoever.

Scrubsicle

01-04-2012

My build goes as follows:

Sanguine Blade, Phantom Dancer, Phantom Dancer, Phantom Dancer, Phantom Dancer, Phantom Dancer

Vayne is the new Master Yi.

BH Immortalis

01-05-2012

Core
Lightbringer
Phantom Dancer
Berserker Greaves

Close game
Infinity Edge
Last Whisper
Sanguine Blade
2nd Phantom Dancer

Pick what you need.

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

Berserkers > Phantom Dancer > Sanguine Blade > Phantom Dancer
Situational: IE, LW, Lightbringer, Entropy, Kitae's Bloodrazor

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

It honestly doesn't seem to matter what you equip her with. Give her a negatron to avoid getting bursted to death by AP casters, upgraded to an odins eventually.
Other than that, she has true damage, AD steroid, and AS steriod sort of from tumble. So basically anything works.

Onhit koggie style works fine...triggers lots of silver bolts and deals decent magical damage and physical.
IE/PD/crit style works fine too. Big powerful autoattack boosted by Ult even more.

Big AD works too. Huge hits multiplied by Tumble while kiting.

Speusippus

01-06-2012

Just looked at Vayne's page. Against a target with 2000hp, it appears to me that with her R up and with her spamming her Q every 1.2 seconds (max CDR), at level 18, her dps through autoattacks is about 300, with 60 of that being true damage. Her normal autoattack dps without these modifiers is about 110. That's like three BF sword items worth of bonus damage.

How crazy would it be, then, to go AS/tanky on her? With frost mallet for example? Forget about damage-only items altogether. Completely nuts, or only partly nuts?

Swear I'm not trolling. Also I know the answer is probably "completely nuts."

Speusippus

01-06-2012

Why do you say "AS bonus sort of on tumble"? There's no AS bonus of any kind I can see.

sizzackz

Master Recruiter

01-06-2012

IE and PD's

Sometimes just PD's

Bonabon

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speusippus View Post
Why do you say "AS bonus sort of on tumble"? There's no AS bonus of any kind I can see.
Tumble resets the attack timer, which can make for better sudden burst before you get any respectable AS.
So her attack would look like:
Hit ... HittumbleHit(silver bolts proc+bonus damage from tumble)