My Mordekaiser on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyxe

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodaPop68 View Post
I love morde, ive loved him for awhile, and i play him in normals and ranked and win.
HOWEVER-
ive never had much luck with him in dominion. He just isn't a burst dmg champ.
and before you say "omg noob he's fine in dominion"-
there are so many champs that are OP as hell in dominion that can ruin you with insane CC and burst damage, i don't find it worth it to play morde and lose just because of the champ i pick. Dominion=so much less skill and planning than SR. morde is a skill and planning champ. (For those of you who say NO SPAM SIPHON AND WIN- please go play him and tell me that a no CC no gap closer no escape champ is easy.)

tl,dr

to me, Morde isn't good for dominion. there are better tanky APs. (<3 rumble)
Did you even read my guide? I address all these things and add the strategy in. I refuse to believe it's the champion. The problem lies in the summoner and his runes/masteries. Yes, if you build the old steamroller AP Morde from before Dominion was released and Morde was nerfed, you're going to get bursted. You won't even win a 1v1. My Mordekaiser can hold his own even against the most notorious champions.

BeelzeBuff

01-05-2012

No no, i read your guide.
I just absolutely hate playing tank morde- don't feel like it's the champ i know and love. I love the champ that goes into a fight with 800 health, and siphon immediately gives him 600 more+spell vamp, then he lands a triple kill.
Your way is definitely a viable way to play- i just much prefer rumble in dominion. He seems kinda Morde-y to me.
It's all opinion. I just don't enjoy dominion morde.

Cyxe

01-05-2012

I play rumble as well and he's much easier. One of the reasons I chose to work on Morde is because he's such an underdog. I much enjoy the challenge. And the tank part of the build is more of a necessity than a choice. I love rocking Triforce and Gunblade on him because it gives him CC and a Gap closer... at least moreso than he would otherwise have.

BeelzeBuff

01-05-2012

urgh i'd never try triforce on morde
(although, now that youve said it, it's going to bug me till i try it :P)
miss the days of the old gunblade
prolly gonna be AD morde if i ever play him in dominion. Not better than any other AD champ, but mace of spades hits like a truck against a group, and even more if theres just one. and if AD morde lands an AD carry soul? insta-win.
But, just like AP morde in dominion, he's worse off than other champs. hate having to choose between love for a champ/better chance of winning. I'd like to thank Riot for taking my morde and jax.

Ah well. I'll try your build. Couldn't hurt to get off my stubborn ass and try something new