Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is a carry? dominion style

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asmonok

01-03-2012

I had a 21-4-11 game with 2091 pts yesterday. I would not say I carried the game. If everyone on the team wasnt playing as exceptional as they were I wouldnt of walked away from every team fight barely alive. My kills wouldnt of been so high if I didnt get lucky and land the "killing blow" since almost every fight was a 4v4. So personally I dont think someone can carry dominion. It requires full team effort.

Yaladilae

01-03-2012

Quote:
Asmonok:
I had a 21-4-11 game with 2091 pts yesterday. I would not say I carried the game. If everyone on the team wasnt playing as exceptional as they were I wouldnt of walked away from every team fight barely alive. My kills wouldnt of been so high if I didnt get lucky and land the "killing blow" since almost every fight was a 4v4. So personally I dont think someone can carry dominion. It requires full team effort.

if you put it this way, i totally agree with you
come to think of it, its more like 4 people carrying the last person then 1 person carry 4 weaker ones in dominion, in any case of carry

the last person is never bad, just not as good

Ascleph

01-03-2012

Considering the last person tends to be the bot and sometimes tends to be the reason you even won the game, making him way better than the "first" person.

Score doesnt matter, at all.

Argodis

01-03-2012

It impossible to carry unless you're a broken champ like Ryze, Yorick, etc. Thats one of the worst parts about Dominion.

I can't do anything bot if they're sending 2 bot and my team is STILL losing top.

Yaladilae

01-03-2012

Quote:
Ascleph:
Considering the last person tends to be the bot and sometimes tends to be the reason you even won the game, making him way better than the "first" person.

Score doesnt matter, at all.

not necessary, i played more then 1 game to realise carrying is not solely about the score and who is playing good and bad

like the game i just had, when your alistair never defended once, running around looking for blood, thinking killing > capping (and dies alot) I think its safe to say he is the weaker amongst the team

blackDAILO

01-03-2012

Keep in mind that the bot is usually the person that does the most damage in the game.

They might not have as much kills/caps/points, but if they can hold off the ganks and sucessfully push the enemy, your team is pretty much set for the win. I've just played with a singed that barely got over 1000 points and fourth on the team, yet he does over 80k damage.

maxusmaximus

01-04-2012

its quite funny but i feel like i have carried way more games as sona than wukong for example because even though i quite often end up with very high k/d/a and score etc with him one well placed ult with sona can easily win a turret fight for your team. with a bit of cdr her ult can be available around every 2nd team fight so can be invaluable to a teamfight. in fact my win/loss with her is way higher than any other champ by quite some margin. same goes with a good rammus/alistar/blitz - imho having a good player that can shut down the other team/dps is much more valuable than the person getting all the kills/points (ie vayne/twitch/wukong etc).

ItsJustPain

01-04-2012

I consider the player that carrys the team are the ones with good k/d/a and good scores (AKA smart players)
Runs around helping the team

Yaladilae

01-05-2012

Trying again... -.-

Would this be closer to carry????

I would say yes because in the fight, our nunu was lacking slightly, leaning towards the weaker side (but not total noob who knows nothing). His points was mainly because he stayed to take towers after fights whilst we recall to try and defend

Also trying to reinforce the point that its more like 4 people carry 1 more then 1 people carry 4 in Dominion
But the term carry is used in a much lighter sense then SR

And in case you ask, I started at bot, then we lost top, and then win it back, and then lost it etc.
I pushed my lane hard early, picked up a few kills and neutralize (they come back fast), then kat came down to bot for a bit, and we kinda defended bot whoever was not dead and had to recall

I must admit i felt great after the game (esp. their brand called me and idiot, then i double killed him, triple killed him and double killed him again...), but i can't take all the credit because my team was great too