Riven Frozen Mallet vs Warmog's Armor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cooper112

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Frozen Mallet is more money
Warmog's Armor will give more which =more dmg for my impaler combo.

But frozen mallet has the slow... but does riven need it her q spam and e is more than enough to chase people no?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeynothix

Member

01-03-2012

Neither. Riven does not need HP. Her E is affected by AD, CDR, and Armor/MR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cooper112

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeynothix View Post
Neither. Riven does not need HP. Her E is affected by AD, CDR, and Armor/MR.
Nether? Tell me how you play riven then. Sure her e and etc.. scale of ad but you need survivability playing riven like ad carry is just bad.

She is better built as tanky ad like lee sin.

My build would go as:

Mercury's Treads
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Banshee's Veil
Warmog's Armor
Blood thirstier
Atma's Impaler


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catters

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper56 View Post
Nether? Tell me how you play riven then. Sure her e and etc.. scale of ad but you need survivability playing riven like ad carry is just bad.

She is better built as tanky ad like lee sin.

My build would go as:

Mercury's Treads
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Banshee's Veil
Warmog's Armor
Blood thirstier
Atma's Impaler
She is better built tanky. Thankfully, her E gives her 1 point of health per AD, so building AD gives her health. With this extra health, it becomes more efficient to build Armor and Magic Resistance instead of more health.

A common start for making Riven tanky with AD is rushing a Bloodthirster and Guardian Angel. I find it much better than Atmogs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cooper112

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****DirtyCat View Post
She is better built tanky. Thankfully, her E gives her 1 point of health per AD, so building AD gives her health. With this extra health, it becomes more efficient to build Armor and Magic Resistance instead of more health.

A common start for making Riven tanky with AD is rushing a Bloodthirster and Guardian Angel. I find it much better than Atmogs.
I dont she has one lowest hp's in the game for a melee fighters.

IMO she needs atmogs but should you rush it? No i usually get some dmg first then get a defensive item then offensive then defensive.my 4th item is usually atmogs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catters

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper56 View Post
I dont she has one lowest hp's in the game for a melee fighters.

IMO she needs atmogs but should you rush it? No i usually get some dmg first then get a defensive item then offensive then defensive.my 4th item is usually atmogs.
If you really feel the need to downvote me but are unwilling to do the math, get the Warmog's. The little bit of AD you get far outweighs the 40% slow on Riven who already has 3 hops, a dash, and a stun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rashidas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Anyone who says riven needs warmogs greatly underestimates her shield.

Riven is designed to be built pure damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeynothix

Member

01-03-2012

Here is a partial quote from a previous post of mine:

Riven does not need to build super "tanky". However, a few armor or MR items are good. Her defense comes from her E, putting a shield to absorb damage based on how high her AD is. Higher AD=higher health. No need to build more health. And to recast it as fast as possible, you NEED cooldown reduction. This is why Brutalizer should be your #2 or #3 item. Not only that, but CDR lowers the cooldown on her stun, meaning that you are locking down your opponent more often and thus taking less damage. There has been so many fights that I have been able to rotate the shield and stun (when shield is down but still on cooldown) to make me take next to no damage while pulverizing my opponent.

Armor and Magic Resist synergize incredibly well with her E. Taking less damage means that her shield lasts longer, and you can take more hits without actually lowering your health pool. This is why pure health items like Frozen Mallet and Warmogg's are fairly useless to Riven. Just get more AD, CDR, and Armor/MR and you have something much better than health. If you DO need more health for some reason, get a Kindlegem (health and CDR) and maybe even upgrade it to a Spirit Visage for some cheap, tasty MR and CDR.

TL;DR: Riven has an effective health pool that relies on her E to provide a shield. This makes her defense scale better off Armor/MR than pure health. In addition, Cooldown Reduction directly increases her health pool, as does AD to a lesser degree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViashinoWizard

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Every time you build tanky DPS Riven, a kitten gets punched in the face.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-03-2012

Items to always get = BT + brutalizer + armour/mr boots
CDR boots can be good, but the armour/tenacity/mr is almost always better on the boots

Doran Blades are good, try not to get more than 1 or 2.
Wriggles shouldn't be in your build unless they have mostly AD and/or you feel that you need it to survive.

GA is good. Aegis is occasionally good.
Multiple BT's for pub stomping.
Upgrading brutalizer to Youmuu's Ghostblade is usually the way to go.
IE.

Other situational = QSS,BV, or hexdrinker
If you somehow didn't get or want brutalizer... Get Last Whisper.

You can try atmogs, it probably works. Just not the best IMO.
Never get frozen mallet.