Why I quit LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
fine, based off is using the meaning of can be estimated using

While win-loss doesn't give you your exact elo, it does give a good estimate, and as such with hidden ELO's is valuable for calculating your rough level of skill. That being said, a negative win-loss WILL mean under 0 win-loss ELO, and the rest of my statement still applies.

While ELO is actually based on the ELO of your teammates you play with and against, win-loss isn't that innacurate
I had a 2100 normal elo in S1 with a consistent 52% win rate (over 2000 games played). 1850+ was top 1% of the entire playerbase. 52% is very average, and by your logic that would make me an average player.

W/L really doesn't give you a good estimate of anything. It's a horribly inaccurate measurement of skill and you are not necessarily below the median elo with a negative W/L, either.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
I had a 2100 normal elo in S1 with a consistent 52% win rate (over 2000 games played). 1850+ was top 1% of the entire playerbase. 52% is very average, and by your logic that would make me an average player.

W/L really doesn't give you a good estimate of anything. It's a horribly inaccurate measurement of skill and you are not necessarily below the median elo with a negative W/L, either.
i see, badgeless huh?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cerealsmok3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
That's not how it works. It's based on elo just like ranked.
i always thought elo was your win/loss ratio ._.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
i see, badgeless huh?
Are you the one stalking me and randomly downvoting all my posts?

You should probably learn how to read, btw.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TouchinMyself

Senior Member

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
yes



no



no

W/L and elo are in no way related, though it's more likely you're going to have a high elo with a better W/L, it's not necessarily always going to be the case since elo adjustments are determined based on the difference in elo between the two teams (so, for example, a 1200 average elo team beating a 1300 average elo team would gain more than the 1300 team would have gained for winning). A player can be higher elo than another player who has a better W/L ratio, because they've been teamed up against stronger opponents.

Consequentially, this is why "elo estimates" are nonsense and should be completely ignored.
So what you are saying is that if you win you gain Elo and if you lose you lose Elo then you make the argument that its not in any way related to win/loss?

Elo estimates are far from nonsense. No, you cant point at a win/loss and say i have a "1458" rating, you can however look at a win loss and get a general idea of Elo. Someone with a very poor win/loss ratio is going to have a poor Elo rating and vice versa.

In the case of the OP he is clearly in the neighborhood of 1100-1200 Elo. Poor W/L + teammates brand new to dominion makes it pretty obvious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Are you the one stalking me and randomly downvoting all my posts?

You should probably learn how to read, btw.
i dont have time to stalk you and downvote your post

how did you calculate your elo then? since you know it all

elo is based on W and L, you win you gain elo, you loose you gain elo, as simple as that
W/L ratio on the other hand is a good indicator of where about your elo is, but does not tell you your exact elo based on a ratio

you loose 1000 games, win 900 games, say you start at 1000 elo, no way your elo will be 2000 knowing how much elo goes up and down roughly in this game...

And as with your complains about matchmaking, it's not valid in the OP's case looking at more lost then win

Besides you seem to be trying so hard to defend a rager, a summoner code breaker on an invalid point. What is a carry, try learn to play better before carrying (not you, OP)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DTRUCKINGRAILER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossef View Post
cool you quit lol, because you say your team sucked, there team was probly just as bad, but of course you dont tell us there win #'s i dont understand these posts why are you telling us your quitting? its not goi9ng to change anything and you will probly be back playing in a week.

tl:dr no one cares you quit you will be back next week.
I told you in my first post 3 of them had 150+ games each and the other two players had 10 each.