Why I quit LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2012

MM works off ELO

ELO works off win-loss

If your win-loss is negative, your ELO will be less than a person with 0 win-loss

Thus a person who is playing their first game is better than you

Thus you get placed with people better than you because maybe they can carry you to a win

Phourc

01-03-2012

Well I didn't bring my magnifying glass, but I do believe I see 1) you playing Jax, who is a massively underpowered character right now - so you have no right to be surprised at a loss, and 2) some very juvinile raging in all caps in the lobby.

Soo... I will say at the very least you should fix your attitude before demanding other things be fixed, I hate playing with ragers and I don't really think your loss will hurt the community.

User91528

01-03-2012

good

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Well I didn't bring my magnifying glass, but I do believe I see 1) you playing Jax, who is a massively underpowered character right now - so you have no right to be surprised at a loss, and 2) some very juvinile raging in all caps in the lobby.
Def. Well I don't even care about the raging, because who knows how frustrating that Teemo was during the game. But Jax? Come on, man. If you've played 600+ games of Dom you should know the time to play Jax is long in the past. Once they fix his post dodge-nerf kit then you should give him a go again, but until then there are better options. My only question though is how did your team manage to feed dat Twitch? Did any of you guys consider/use vision items?

Ed.: I'm 169-143 in Dom right now, just beat a team that had a 0-win Nocturne who said he didn't know how to play him because he was F2P and I guess it was his first time playing Noc or something? He was explaining in chat at end and his English wasn't that great so was hard to understand what he was trying to say. Anyway, I know +26 isn't amazing, just saying, solo queue is pretty crazyyyy random. Glad I wasn't on the team w/ a first time Dominion/first time Noc ;D.

FDru

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
MM works off ELO
yes

Quote:
ELO works off win-loss
no

Quote:
If your win-loss is negative, your ELO will be less than a person with 0 win-loss
no

W/L and elo are in no way related, though it's more likely you're going to have a high elo with a better W/L, it's not necessarily always going to be the case since elo adjustments are determined based on the difference in elo between the two teams (so, for example, a 1200 average elo team beating a 1300 average elo team would gain more than the 1300 team would have gained for winning). A player can be higher elo than another player who has a better W/L ratio, because they've been teamed up against stronger opponents.

Consequentially, this is why "elo estimates" are nonsense and should be completely ignored.

shhbequiet9772

01-03-2012

elo doesnt work off win/loss fyi

Choady

01-03-2012

Good. One less person QQing about stupid ****.

KrYoS

01-03-2012

After today, I see my interest fading too. I've had 4 afkers, tons of trolls, some bad games, and I've won 2 games out of 12+.. I've gone from +23 to +9 in 2 days.. I've not played my best, but had some great games, like a 4vs5 loss where the final was 28-0, another 4vs5 where I went 18-4-8 with Fizz.. Just doesn't seem to matter. This game mode has gone down hill fast in the past week. Not sure what the deal is, but I'm about pissed off.

RealWolf M

01-03-2012

fine, based off is using the meaning of can be estimated using

While win-loss doesn't give you your exact elo, it does give a good estimate, and as such with hidden ELO's is valuable for calculating your rough level of skill. That being said, a negative win-loss WILL mean under 0 win-loss ELO, and the rest of my statement still applies.

While ELO is actually based on the ELO of your teammates you play with and against, win-loss isn't that innacurate

brossef

01-03-2012

cool you quit lol, because you say your team sucked, there team was probly just as bad, but of course you dont tell us there win #'s i dont understand these posts why are you telling us your quitting? its not goi9ng to change anything and you will probly be back playing in a week.

tl:dr no one cares you quit you will be back next week.