To all the committed in OT, can I get your opinions?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronFrost

01-03-2012

I would do something similar if I could. I think you should, its a great gesture =)

Armaldeus

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragus View Post
Do Goodnight, trust me on this.

Edit: Or Star Cecil, that song makes me tear up whenever I hear it.
Hell yes. I would do Star Cecil, but its a liiiittle more complicated than Goodnight, and Goodnight is also our favourite Shabutie song. :P

Love me some Star Cecil though. That, Godfather's Lollipop, and Bloody Brit song. Love me some Shabutie.

Also, @IronFrost, go for it as soon as you can! It'd be cool to see. :P

Vriska Serket

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2012

Really good idea.
Just make sure you sing it to her out of no where.
Like you have a candle lite dinner outside and under the table mid meal you "drop" your fork under the table. Reach down. Pull out your guitar and rock her!

Armaldeus

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vriska Serket View Post
Really good idea.
Just make sure you sing it to her out of no where.
Like you have a candle lite dinner outside and under the table mid meal you "drop" your fork under the table. Reach down. Pull out your guitar and rock her!
:P Out of the blue was gonna be an idea, shes been trying to teach me guitar, but I've been kinda learning on my own(I'm weird when it comes to learning instruments), so I was gonna just like... Take her out to dinner one night, then when we're at home, ask her if she can teach me a few things, and find a way to surprise her without her trying to teach me. :P

Like... when she walks out of the room with her guitar, I'm playing the intro to it, and just start singing.

I would /love/ to do the candlelight dinner, but because we're in Oregon, depending on the time I do it, it's either:
A) Too cold to do it outside.
B) Too crowded in her home(its not that big, and I wouldn't be able to get any alone time to do it at my home).

But trust me, I've got plans for candlelit dinners. As much of an ass I appear to be on the forums, I'm sweet to those I care about.

sibby

01-03-2012

This is a good idea. Most women really love a gift that was thoughtful. I once had a girlfriend learn a song from my favourite band on violin as a gift to me. It was great. She didn't even play it very well but the thought and the effort made it great. I still remember it even though it was like 20 years ago.

Cadrantaar

01-03-2012

rickless gives good advice. I can't guarantee that it will be well received, but this sounds perfect.

Dobagoh

01-03-2012

Once I played a song for my ex, she laughed at me and told me to learn how to sing

Ravel

01-03-2012

Sounds like you've thought this out pretty well, and if you think she'll appreciate it then definitely go for it.

These sorts of things tend to work best when the relationship is still pretty young (under a year and a half-ish). Not to sound like a grumpy, old, married fart... but after a while it gets tiresome trying to keep up/top yourself each year especially when it's not so much of a surprise as it is an expectation. Besides, you find other ways to keep the relationship fresh and interesting ^_^

Anywho, it sounds really sweet and I think she'll love it! Don't forget to bump this thread with the juicy details once it all goes down

Vriska Serket

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaldeus View Post
:P Out of the blue was gonna be an idea, shes been trying to teach me guitar, but I've been kinda learning on my own(I'm weird when it comes to learning instruments), so I was gonna just like... Take her out to dinner one night, then when we're at home, ask her if she can teach me a few things, and find a way to surprise her without her trying to teach me. :P

Like... when she walks out of the room with her guitar, I'm playing the intro to it, and just start singing.

I would /love/ to do the candlelight dinner, but because we're in Oregon, depending on the time I do it, it's either:
A) Too cold to do it outside.
B) Too crowded in her home(its not that big, and I wouldn't be able to get any alone time to do it at my home).

But trust me, I've got plans for candlelit dinners. As much of an ass I appear to be on the forums, I'm sweet to those I care about.

Souns like its going to be an awsome day/night!