Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best bottom lane combo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lolnewbie96

01-02-2012

I'm looking for the best ad carry and support for me and my girlfriend to play together?
any ideas? she will be playing the carry cause she refuses to not get kills lol.

Powerstoned

01-02-2012

Taric and Caitlyn
Taric and Vayne
Taric and Graves

notice the trend?

Taric can really make an AD ranged shine too. Stun 'em with E, soften emeny's armor with you W, boost your partners stats with R, heal you two with Q.

Kenshin Akira

01-02-2012

Sona offers higher harass than Taric, however, cannot control whom she heals (It targets lowest health champion nearby) and her heal is rather mediocre. Soraka gives huge mana sustain, but her heal is 20 second cooldown. Leona actually fills a similar setup to Taric, however, it's more offensive-based since she can't quite heal her partners.

lolnewbie96

01-02-2012

thanks guys i really appreciate the responses i think taric is going to be how we go because she isnt the greatest lol player so the extra durability and easier sustain may be the way to go.

KrystalSundancer

01-02-2012

Support Alistar (Wards, Allowing Carry Last Hits, CC, Initiation and Sustain)
Caitlyn (High Range for Harass, Traps to Help Set Up Alistar, Great Carry in General)

Intsikandy

01-02-2012

Jarvan/Leona all day. Godly stunlock/CC/burst.

But in all seriousness, Alistar is probably the one least suffering from passivity and isn't just a heal and ward bot.

Ailurus fulgens

01-02-2012

if you want the heals and poke go nidalee with vayne or trist cait etc... any ad carry can be good depending who you lane against sona-graves good combo to ali-vayne rly good if you know how to play them.

Tyrang

01-03-2012

Taric is actually not so good compare to a lot of other support. He is not bad in lane, but he starts dropping off late game (he used to be really good before his Radiant remake since it made him very tanky), He can do a bit of everything every support do, but not as well, your jack-of-all-trade support.

I have written some long ass comment on this topic before, I will just copy and paste here.

********************************************************************************************************

You want to consider the style of the AD and support to make the combination. The easiest way is to split the both the AD and support to passive and aggressive laners. Then you can match them accordingly. For instance, you should nvr run a sustain game against Soraka, she will win. The same with Alistar will always win a init game, and Sona will win poke game.

==============================================

I am gonna give a few examples from the AD point of view here:

Ashe - She is very weak in lane and will have issues follow up an init, it is best to put her with support that can sustain her, like Soraka or Sona

Cait - Really strong in lane, with range and traps as her weapon. Her play style encourage poke comp. Sona works really well with her, because Sona is the best poke support and together they can surprise burst an enemy champ. Taric is also decent, since Cait nvr need to over extend to chase Taric range stun, but less powerful compared to Sona (assuming the Sona knows how aggressive Sona works).

Graves - Very high dmg output and sustain early on, but his range is limited. Janna works really well by giving him the shield and cc. The shield allows Graves to sometimes briefly do a tower chase to secure kills. Blitz and Alistar also works due to the CC and dmg output.

Vayne - Altho she is no good in lane, her wall stuns synchronize so well with Alistar wall stun or w-q combo, and create a triple stun. Personally I feel that Blitz is really strong with Vayne as well.

Trist - Alistar hands down, cuz of the stun and aggressive nature. Trist is an aggressive laner. I find Leona works well with Trist too.

===================================

My thoughts on a few of the popular supports:

Sona - She can sustain ok, but her strength is the poke. Power Chord is like free skill that do lots of dmg. Use that with q and you can zone ppl out all day. With Cait, you can easily burst ppl down from distance before they are ready.

Soraka - Healer. She can sustain ADs who are weak in lane. She can stop playmakers like Ali and Blitz via silence. She can't really init, but she can bait. Take summoner heal and you can bait with triple heals. Play sustain game with Soraka.

Alistar - The best play maker. W and Q. Works well with aggressive AD. That's all I have to say.

Janna - Can't sustain at all. But she can set up kills with CC and shield. Goes well with aggressive champ.

Taric - He is like a mix of everything, but ain't that great with anything of them -.-

Blitz - Land that hook! The rest is same with Ali.

Leona - Dangerous but rewarding. She is the CC queen. All her skills are CC related. But she die easy and has zero sustain. Prolly need to pick summoner heal.

Zilean - Poke. Very annoying. But he get hard countered by ppl with shields, like Janna and Morgana, The delay give the support a lot of time to shield their AD.

TarkosUSH

Recruiter

01-03-2012

Heimerdinger-Blitzcrank best combo ever

gankas kon

01-03-2012

I've seen graves and Caitlin push two turrets in about 10 minutes