Why do we have an Achievements tab?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roughneck65

06-24-2012

if we get an achievement it would be nice if we got some ip for it.
not alot just 20 or 30 here and there when we got an achievement.
I think that would be fair.

roughneck65

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summoned Legend View Post
Achievements is cool but it'll suck cause i mean if its some damage achievement pple will keep focusing the tank just to get the highest achievement instead of actually focusing on winning
but if that happens they would lose the fight. unless of course the other team does not capitalize on that. your right has some flaws but people troll now anyways what is the difference.

Dig15times

06-24-2012

I'd like to see an achievement that goes something like "Right Hand Man: Get over 40 assists in one game." You'd see a lot more people saying "no, you get the kill".

KROTANK

06-24-2012

I suppose the best way to implement achievements would be somewhat counter-intuitive: make them only unlockable in ranked queues.

The result is that people have to play the game seriously; as it's ranked, but if they do well enough they'll get an achievement. If the achievements were unlockable in normal queues, nobody would take normal seriously anymore (even though it's pretty relaxed at the moment), and so normal would just decay into a horrid mess of failed achievements and troll team comps.

The same system was used for a lot of xbox live achievements. Halo 3 made a lot of the challenging achievements only unlockable in ranked matches; it prevented people from throwing away games, as they were ranked, but it still rewarded them when they did something extraordinary. In this respect, the achievements were unlocked in the way a developer intended them to be unlocked: through a random occurance during normal play, and not hours of doing the same stupid **** over and over until you get the award.

The only drawback would be that elo hell would actually exist; people at low elos would most likely just say 'screw it' and go straight for achievements.

Sephrinx

06-24-2012

Because achievements ruined gaming, and every one at RIOT understands that.

PLEASE riot, don't EVER implement achievements. Thank you.

Dig15times

06-24-2012

They should make all achievements hidden, so you have to figure out what all of them are.

Azulamor

06-24-2012

If they made every achievement only attainable if they actually won the match too, nobody would throw the game. Well, except for the obvious trolls that already do that.