LoL launcher error

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zetton

10-09-2009

I had the problem that the launcher shuts down immediatly after opening the starting window, where the patch should be loaded.

I found out that that error could be stopped after i deleted the download adress in the lol.patcher.version.bak data. After i deleted the adress i could start the launcher but the updating failes
so can one of the team tell me the right adress so that the download starts up?

LOL.patcher.version.bak

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PackageVersion PatcherVersion="1.0.0.25" >
<Version>0</Version>
<Name>1.0</Name>
<InProgress>TRUE</InProgress>
<PatcherTaskStatus>
<PatcherState>1</PatcherState>
<CurrentName>1.0</CurrentName>
<CurrentVersion>0</CurrentVersion>
<TargetName>LOL.Patcher.08_18_2009_06</TargetName>
<TargetVersion>1</TargetVersion>
<PackageName>LOL.Patcher</PackageName>

HERE was the old file<SkinSource> (PATCHSERVER ? )<SkinSource>

<MetaFile>LOL.Patcher_1_Incremental.solid</MetaFile>
<RestartCommandLine />
<PackageType>2</PackageType>
<PrependDirectory>1</PrependDirectory>
<DestructiveUpdate>0</DestructiveUpdate>
<UseDeployExtension>0</UseDeployExtension>
<ProcessDeleteManifest>1</ProcessDeleteManifest>
<HasBaseLine>1</HasBaseLine>
<AllowReleaseMetadata>0</AllowReleaseMetadata>
<PackageDescriptorType>1</PackageDescriptorType>
<RestartRequired>1</RestartRequired>
<AvailableReleases>0</AvailableReleases>
<PerformCopy>0</PerformCopy>
<PerformDelete>0</PerformDelete>
<OutputPath>LOL.Patcher_1\</OutputPath>
<CopyPath />
<AllowModifiedFiles />
<DeployStamp>2</DeployStamp>
<PreProcessCommands />
<PostProcessCommands />
</PatcherTaskStatus>
</PackageVersion>

And the old patcher location killed the luncher as soon as he tried to patch.

reapermaster

10-09-2009

if you have modified any files without making backups of the files you will have to reinstall the client.

that being said, what is your OS?

if you are on vista or win 7 please make sure you right click on the icon and select run as administrator

Zetton

10-09-2009

OS is Vista 32bit.

I have tried that already. And it makes no difference.
Re-install, adminstrator. When i start the game. The patcher window opens and after 1 sec it closes again.

Only with that change the patcher window stays open, but it won t patch so i think the address in the patcher is making it to crash. So i want someone from the team to confirm the patcher address.

And also the new download link is still the version from August and no Patch free version.
i have downloaded the game client 4 to 5 times already.

And before i changed it. The patch log showed me an error in reaching the website, where the patch should be downloaded.

reapermaster

10-09-2009

what is default browser?

please try the steps for trouble shooting of solution 4 in http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=15428

Zetton

10-09-2009

I have tried the whole thing already. Not one thing of that worked for me.

Can you put up a working LoL.patcher.version. Maybe the changed the download location from the client over the patches.

And i can t set up a DNS server because if i do that i kill my internet connection.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

10-09-2009
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Any editing of internal files will likely cause problems patching. When you uninstall the client, make sure to delete any remaining files or folders from Riot Games.

Try some of the solutions on following thread relating to patcher issues:
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=4564

If you're still having issues patching, if I could ask you to post your patcher logs and any additional information about the problems you receive while patching, or trying to fix the patcher, that would be appreciated.

reapermaster

10-09-2009

You dont have to setup a DNS server. the information in solution 4 is for testing purposes only. it uses your current configuration. The option to change your DNS settings is part of the Network setup and it can be changed safely to the IP addresses I provided. The only reason that you couldnt use them is if you have a privage DNS or Domain Controller in the mix.

Zetton

10-09-2009

That is the patcher log after i deleted the patcher adress out of the LoL.patcher.version.bak
If i don t delete that i get a failed connection at the attemp to get the package.

0/09/2009 23:12 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.32] initializing...
10/09/2009 23:12 [INFO] Patcher_AddPackage([LOL.Patcher],[http://lolcdn.leagueoflegends.com/h2.../patcher/lol/],[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\]) successful
10/09/2009 23:12 [INFO] Attempt to retrieve package [http://lolcdn.leagueoflegends.com/h2...tcher.package]
10/09/2009 23:12 [INFO] Restart previous
10/09/2009 23:12 [INFO] Start task [http://lolcdn.leagueoflegends.com/h2.../patcher/lol/] [LOL.Patcher_1_Incremental.solid] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Patcher_1\] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\] [0.00/0.00]
10/09/2009 23:12 [INFO] [LOL.Patcher] State change [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE] to [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE]
10/09/2009 23:12 [INFO] Version retrieved [LOL.Patcher] 2/0 [LOL.Patcher.09_30_2009_02]/[1.0] type [PACKAGE_TYPE_INCREMENTAL]
10/09/2009 23:12 [INFO] [LOL.Patcher] State change [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE] to [PATCHER_STATE_PREPARE]
10/09/2009 23:12 [INFO] Start download [http://lolcdn.leagueoflegends.com/h2.../patcher/lol/]
10/09/2009 23:12 [INFO] [LOL.Patcher_1_Incremental.solid]
10/09/2009 23:12 [INFO] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Patcher_1\]
10/09/2009 23:12 [INFO] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\]
10/09/2009 23:17 [ERROR] Unable to download/authorize ffs [http://lolcdn.leagueoflegends.com/h2.../patcher/lol/]
10/09/2009 23:17 [INFO] [LOL.Patcher] State change [PATCHER_STATE_PREPARE] to [PATCHER_STATE_FAILED]
10/09/2009 23:17 [INFO] Patcher_RemovePackage([LOL.Patcher]) successful

And that is my patcher version
08_18_2009_04

Don t look new to me. And that is the download link you posted after the 5th of October.

If i don t delete the adress from my first post the patcher kills himself instantly.

Zetton

10-10-2009

today i started the game again and it finally found the patching server.

nickelbaxk

01-14-2010

When I installed League of legends every time I tried to get into a game the launcher just crashed and gave me the error "The launcher crashed, please restart the application. After many hours of reinstalling and formating my computer and installing all the service packs I finally found the problem....... To play league of legends you must have microsoft net framework installed, I Installed it on both my computers that didn't run league of legends and now they run like a dream. I installed net framework 3.5 so if you have the same problem try that. Trust me I tried everything possible including copying a version of league of legends that I knew was working onto a computer that wasn't working and still no luck so I knew it had to be something that I hadn't installed. I have 4 computers and 2 of them weren't running it and 2 of them were. So if you have the same problem try this out, it may work for you