Cleanse - what does it remove, and what doesn't it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Octovert

10-09-2009

So according to the tooltip, Cleanse "removes all debuffs". I'm having trouble determining just what it will and won't remove. Feel free to chime in with things you know it does NOT cure, and i'll list em here

===================
Cleanse does NOT remove:
===================
Any Summoner skill related debuff including:
-Ignite

Teemo's Poison
Rammus Taunt

=========================
Cleanse causes special effects with:
=========================
Zilean's Time Bomb - causes immediate detonation
Morgana's Ultimate - causes the stun to trigger

TABLE AND CHAIRS

10-09-2009

Ignite. I D='d when I tried to cleanse away an ignite to prevent my death. Needless to say, it didn't work.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

10-09-2009

I use cleanse almost every time (I find it to be far more useful in preventing death than flash, especially since you can use it once every 100 sec with utility fully spec'ed which is what I do). It's identical to how Morgana's shield removes debuffs at initial cast (though cleanse does not offer the additional debuff protection for 4-8 seconds).

Cleanse seems to work for just about every debuff, including summoner spells like Exhaust. However, there is a subclass of debuffs that have a "timer" of sorts at which some effect occurs at the end of the timer if certain conditions are met. Examples include Zilean's time bomb and Morgana's ultimate Soul Shackles. In these cases, removing the debuff causes the effect to occur immediately, as if the timer ran out. In the case of Zilean's bomb, the effect has no special conditions and so it always occurs immediately when you Cleanse it. In the case of Morgana's ult, if you Cleanse it while you are within 600 range of her, it will stun you for 2 sec and deal damage.

Most debuffs in the game do not have an on-end-duration triggered effect, so Cleanse works perfectly for them. Regarding Teemo's poison, probably what's happening is that at the end of the poison duration, you get another debuff applied to you that deals damage and lasts 1 sec. Cleansing one of them probably immediately goes to the next application of debuff (i.e. the next "tic" of the poison).

SmecssRaege

10-09-2009

Cleanse wont work against any summoner skill

Cleanse "special effect" also instantly makes morganas ulti from the slow into the stun.

Faetris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2009

cleanse needs to work against exhaust please

Balls In Your Mouth

10-09-2009

Morganas shield and Highlander both remove exhaust completely, yet my summoner cooldown doesn't? SAD FACE

sungkwon

10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls In Your Mouth View Post
Morganas shield and Highlander both remove exhaust completely, yet my summoner cooldown doesn't? SAD FACE
+1 this. I would enjoy if Cleanse could get rid of Exhaust at least. Don't care about Ignite.

Octovert

10-10-2009

bumping to attract more information (i hope)

Tribalsoul

10-13-2009

I really don't understand why Ramus' taunt debuff and exhaust aren't cleansable, if it's intended, which I'm not sure about since I can't find anything from Riot on this.

Vanakin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2009

All debuffs should be able to be cleansed. 'nuf said.