This game has some long overdue "Quality of Life" changes needed

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NessOnett

01-02-2012

You keep giving champions quality of life changes, but the game itself is in need of many. And none of them are complicated in the slightest.

1. Mastery Pages upped to 20. We have been recently given 20 Rune Pages, and your new masteries adding "more choice." It is becoming overly problematic with these improvements along with new champions to keep up all necessary pages. And having to remake pages every other game is obnoxious.

2. Customizable "recommended items." Yes, there are independently developed mods that allow for this, but they are a hassle when patches come out. And this is really a feature that should be in the game. Especially when the game has characters like TF who are still recommended as awkward AD/on-hit characters, yet everyone plays them as AP. So you can't even find basic build items to jump from in the recommended list.

3. Customized control saving. This is the only one that would taken any decent amount of effort. But even still not much. A lot of players like using smart-casting for specific skills on specific champions. But in general don't like to use smart-casting on everyone at all times. This requires people to re-map their controls at the start of games based on which character they're playing. This is absurd for summoner's rift which(unlike dominion) starts immediately on load. Putting you at a huge disadvantage if you have to take that time to do something that should be built into the game. And causing even more headaches should you forget and get to lane before noticing your skills are off. Controls should save on a champion-by-champion basis to solve this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil van Yhun View Post
I think one of the easiest way to fix it would implement a right-click toggle.
Right-click on the ability set's it to smart-cast, another right-click reset's it to normal cast.
A visual effect, like a shiny border or overlay would be needed so you can instantly tell what mode it is on.
If you have any suggestions for things to be added to this list let me know. And if you agree that these are needed, please bump this thread to keep it alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Threepwood View Post
Not being thrown back into Queue and placed in a game within 1.5 seconds of someone leaving a match would be nice. Having an afker/disconnect kicked from Queue would be nice. Not starting a match if a player never enters champion select would be great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizk XII View Post
I would like a change where your character doesnt stop moving instantly if the enemy goes into a bush.
Or you lose line of sight

Doookie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

+1 i totally agree

PS love earthbound and NessOnett was the first email address I ever used...

CTkiller

01-02-2012

Gragas's recommended items makes me laugh

iTzCoconutHead

01-02-2012

New item in store : +10 Mastery Pages
6300 IP or 975 RP

Problem, summoners?

NessOnett

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzCoconutHead View Post
New item in store : +10 Mastery Pages
6300 IP or 975 RP

Problem, summoners?
I got the IP to spare and it's better than nothing.

The Stormchaser

01-02-2012

We need some other serious QoL changes to our system, tribunal, report systems, ingame issues, they all need to be adjusted to the common times.

Edit: worded the end part wrong before. Honestly the way riot dealt with things in the past isn't coping with a larger, more demanding player base. No remake needed, just small changes for the system to adapt.

NessOnett

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stormchaser View Post
We need some other serious QoL changes to our system, tribunal, report systems, ingame issues, they all need to be fixed.
I think you misunderstand what "Quality of Life" means. Specifically how it differs from "Remake."

MrAlex1990

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

Don't care bout the first one but +1 for your point 2 and 3.

NotoriousPIG

01-02-2012

I agree with all 3. If there's 20 rune pages, why not 20 mastery pages?

Horuspinker

01-02-2012

bump

1234511 ... 29