Lookin for a jungle nunu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlastTyrant

01-02-2012

Hi i am recently getting into the jungle scene as it was my weakest role so i am trying to fill it, so far i have done fairly well with Rammus but want to venture out for a bit to the less banned junglers of the game.

And one thing i have noticed is Slow is a must have part of the jungler and when i think slow and jungling i thought of nunu, he seems like a awesome counter jungle, such as gettin blue quickly runnin over to enemy wraiths and take there big wraith and finishing your jungle, BUT some of the guides i have found alot are out dated some horrably out dated lol and some of them dont even really make much sense.

So i am here lookin for some advice on Routes/Items/Skill order

I know alot of the big junglers are banned like lee/rammus/ occasionally skarner so i wanna think outside the box, melee dps is my weakest link in the game so i am kinda straying from it so nunu is kind of a natural pic for me, but he seems really out classed when it comes to late game, and alot of the guides dont focus on his heavy ap power when it comes to damage.

Any advice would be awesome! thanks!

BlastTyrant

01-02-2012

31 views and no posts

Kyrim

01-02-2012

I cant give firsthand advice but i would recommend you looking at TheOddOne's guide on solomid.net if you already haven't. I'm pretty sure he sums everything there is to know.

EDIT: just checked it and he hasn't updated it in 307 days...derp dont listen to me

Aceist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

Honestly, don't waste your time with rammus. If you are going to do ranked, it's useless using him in normal. He's banned 99% of the time in ranked, unless the person banning has to no idea what he's doing, or AFKed and didn't ban anyone.

If you don't plan on doing ranked, he can literally rape anyone late game in normal.

Desgami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

Check the solomid guide by like DieX or whatever, it's what I used to start jungling Nunu a couple days ago. He's not melee DPS by the way, he's more of an AP bruiser, heavier on the tank side.

Ransom Lewis

01-02-2012

I a decent amount of jungling, with skarner being my favorite. I don't jungle nunu, but as I understand what made him good was his utility (slows and hastes, you can keep him permanently sped up when you have blue buff), his lack of reliance on items (just catalyst into banshees and cdr boots will get you through a good part of the game), and his counterjungling. that said, he doesn't deal much damage without landing a full ult so you rely on your team for that. Theoddone from solomid.net mained nunu because of his counter jungling ability and utility. When the jungle changed recently it made counterjungling different than it was and made nunu less powerful. He's not played much anymore as I understand, even by theoddone. If you still want to try him you'll need to use counter jungling to get his full potential.

TL;DR nunu was strong in part because of his counterjungling, but the new jungle made it harder on him. He's now not a very strong jungler.

acosn

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastTyrant View Post
Hi i am recently getting into the jungle scene as it was my weakest role so i am trying to fill it, so far i have done fairly well with Rammus but want to venture out for a bit to the less banned junglers of the game.

And one thing i have noticed is Slow is a must have part of the jungler and when i think slow and jungling i thought of nunu, he seems like a awesome counter jungle, such as gettin blue quickly runnin over to enemy wraiths and take there big wraith and finishing your jungle, BUT some of the guides i have found alot are out dated some horrably out dated lol and some of them dont even really make much sense.

So i am here lookin for some advice on Routes/Items/Skill order

I know alot of the big junglers are banned like lee/rammus/ occasionally skarner so i wanna think outside the box, melee dps is my weakest link in the game so i am kinda straying from it so nunu is kind of a natural pic for me, but he seems really out classed when it comes to late game, and alot of the guides dont focus on his heavy ap power when it comes to damage.

Any advice would be awesome! thanks!
Nunu is an incredibly potent, if underestimated jungle simply because he has extremely favorable CD's mixed with great AP ratios. With relatively effortless jungling and low maintenance spells (use the passive properly and you won't need blue runes nearly as much) Nunu has an incredibly easy time setting up ganks.

His downside is that he's not the greatest late-game jungle. He transitions into a support role simply because in a team fight he's simply not getting his ult off.

The quick answer to how you build Nunu is about half n' half AP / survivability / CDR items. He doesn't want Rylai's (his spells already slow) so Rod of Ages is a natural item for him, as is Frozen Heart. Gobs of armor and the best anti-AD carry aura in the game. DFG is another natural choice, plus because of Nunu's consume ability mixed with smite you can end up forgoing a cloth armor + 5 red sodas at the start of the game.

Kaydence

01-02-2012

I used to jungle nunu before I knew the typical cloth and pots method. I would take dorans ring and get 1 or 2 levels of consume to use as my clear and regen. Start wraiths, smite and bite, then go wolves, then golems, look to gank/counter/ or go back. Then start blue and go wolves, wraiths, red (smite ) golems.

Hope this helps, but I haven't done it for a while. Dunno how viable this is now.

BlastTyrant

01-02-2012

Hey all thanks for the responses, i have been doing AI to practice up on my jungling as of late as it is one of my weak points, i did find rammus to be banned 99% of the times in the ranked i played so thats why i kind of ventured out into looking into a less played but effective jungler.

I have been told Skarner but the games i have tried as him i am not very good, i can play WW but find he is very easily out matched these days, i am kind of at a crossroads with junglers, i was never good with noc ether, i tried gp and wasnt to good with it ether lol, i need to learn jungle but seems as though unless its rammus i am fairly bad lol

ikillutwice

01-03-2012

You might want to try malphite since he can counter jungle and jungle fast.
For malphite start with ground slam, steal raths but leave one (smite big one), kill wolves, kill A lizard at golem it will level you u, then take out golem and jungle like others. Most effective still order for jungling- max E, one point W, get R when you can. Most effective skill order for ganking- EWEQQRQ after you get 2 points in e prioritize Q and R for best ganking.

As for jungling as nunu- get 2 points in consume fast then put most in iceball for ganking. You probably want to rush agies of the legion, then banshees. Or rush Rod of ages. I think nunu can even start with boots but I have not tried it.