is life in china good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrokenWall

01-02-2012

i always here storys about how its awful there but they have very nice citys :/

XDemonicXX

01-02-2012

Extremely crowded + terrible environment, but once you get used to that its alright

Howbadisbad

01-02-2012

Why is this in League gen disc

BloodGod22

01-02-2012

Dont force them to say anything, or else they get kidnaped, tortured and killed for plotting against the regime like they used to do in Eastern Europe 20 years ago.

Cole840

01-02-2012

Depends where you live, some cities are ****, some are great just like in U.S. I've been living here in china for three weeks and it's not bad.

Cole840

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGod22 View Post
Dont force them to say anything, or else they get kidnaped, tortured and killed for plotting against the regime like they used to do in Eastern Europe 20 years ago.
He said china not north korea, go bury your head in the sand.

TheKarmaWhore

01-02-2012

Lived there a couple of years, you know the stereotype that says asian women can't drive? there's truth to it

Zeboym

01-02-2012

I'm not sure if they still do or not, if anyone knows please tell me:

As far as I know, they've implemented basically a 'state-law' restricting how many kids you are allowed to have. With how their culture is and every family wanting their name to survive through generations, they would prefer to have boys rather than girls. With that, there are many MANY orphanages filled with children that're mostly female. If you want to keep your second child, you're actually fined.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

They do still have it if I remember right.

Also, god forbid you live somewhere away from the major cities. I've been reading some notes and photo galleries, also news articles from people who have actually been there, and it's beyond comprehension.

People washing vegetables in sewage, plastic packages accidentally found in a bowl of soup, people pissing on the floor in trains would be the least disgusting things you may find in the less developed areas.

There's also a carelessness mentality among the people there. While you may see a man lying on the street, and pass by thinking "He's just drunk, not my business", it goes to astronomic heights out there. I saw a few news articles - one was about a truck driver who hit a kid, then when he got up, he rode him over once more in order to not pay the medical fees to his family. The other one was about a two-year old child who got roadkilled in the middle of a city (!), though not in a very nice district. Guess what? A few more people drove over the corpse, until some ragged old woman dragged it off the road, just so it won't get squished even more. That hag also got some huge cash prize, and a "national hero" title. Could you imagine that?..

Also, don't forget that China is the land of exploding things. It's literally like a country of freaking Michael Bay interns. ANYTHING can explode in there. Some notable examples include: pillows (apparently it was filled with trash, and a gas lighter there exploded - face injuries on user), chairs (office chair used a small compressed air tank to change its height; user's anus severely damaged by metal shards), toilets (I don't even remember how that happened, but wow man), houses (workers installed years old gas pipes as a replacements, house went boom, walls blown off), explosives trucks (boomception! dynamite trucks with some 7 tons of dynamite exploded, few nearby towns damaged - think that was on global news too, not just internet).

China is a land of contrasts... there are sci-fi areas like NY city, super developed and modern, but there are also places where people farm rice with centuries old methods, and freak out when they see cameras. No lies, I'm **** serious here.

Dobagoh

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWall View Post
i always here storys about how its awful there but they have very nice citys :/
Go out to the country, people still **** in outhouses and having plumbing means you got a well to draw water out of. Central heating = fireplace you use to cook food and family entertainment is crowding around a 5x5 inch TV to watch sports.