Help me build a gaming desktop - prize?

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ichigar

01-01-2012

I'm looking to put together a gaming desktop but I'm too lazy (too busy playing) to actually look through everything and get a list of what I'm going to buy. If you can give me a good list of parts that would get me a good quality gaming desktop, with prices and stuff, There may be a small surprise for you List away. Thanks in advanced

EDIT: As someone said, I AM confused right about now lol, I don't know who to believe. lol. Okay... Let's say... The games I want to play are pretty simple actually. League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, Skyrim. These games let's say. Don't take in mind the price range that I previously set. What's a good PC that will get me to play all the mentioned games at Top Graphics and running fine?

IS16e7c68f67142a

01-01-2012

CPU - Intel i7 2600
MB - Intel DH67GD
RAM - 16GB (Corsair Vengeance)
GPU - AMD Radeon HD 6950

*shrugs*

I'm too lazy to find prices too

president

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigar View Post
I'm looking to put together a gaming desktop but I'm too lazy (too busy playing) to actually look through everything and get a list of what I'm going to buy. If you can give me a good list of parts that would get me a good quality gaming desktop, with prices and stuff, There may be a small surprise for you List away. Thanks in advanced
That's why alienwares were invented. for the laziest of the lazy

IS16e7c68f67142a

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot KO View Post
That's why alienwares were invented. for the laziest of the lazy
Meh, they're fine computers but you can get a lot more by building your own. They're horribly overpriced

Ichigar

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diali View Post
Meh, they're fine computers but you can get a lot more by building your own. They're horribly overpriced
This is why I don't want an Alienware, half the money you'd be paying would be for the 'name'

lmbajoe

01-01-2012

If you're serious about this, you should at least post a budget + if you need peripherals and essential software included.

SockSniffer

01-01-2012

whats your price range?

MV101

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-01-2012

If I were you, I'd wait until April when Intel & NVIDIA reveal the 28 and 22 nm fab CPUs. Those have a serious jump in performance compared to the 32 nm ones.

Ichigar

01-02-2012

Bump.

Irisaurus Rex

01-02-2012

look, im not gonna lie, people here are absoloutely clueless and know nothing about computer hardware here.

ask on this forum:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/\

just make a thread in the appropriate section and you'll get plenty of good answers.
2500 dollars can buy you a LOT. you'll be able to play any game @ 1920x1200 with max settings. ANY game. that includes any games coming out in the next few years.

if you want, you can buy a pc from falcon northwest.
honestly, they have amazing customer support. they are like alienware, except a little pricier, and you are paying for way better customer support. oh, and they do free repairs, etc for life. not worth it all, of course, but if you're gonna buy premade, get a pc from falcon northwest.

heres what i would sugggest though

asus p8z68 (most expensive make you can get)
Intel Core i7-960
nvidia geforce gtx 580
corsair vengance 8gb (2x4gb)
250gb ssd

figure out what case you want, and other main parts yourself. the parts i listed above are excellent, and will bring you pretty close to 2 grand if you pick them up.

12345 ... 9