Do I meet system requirements?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kieji

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Do I meet system requirements for Star Wars: The Old Republic?

These are the system requirements...

Quote:
Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
Operating System:
Windows XP or later

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.
What I have...

Quote:
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 518 (http://www.dell.com/us/dfh/p/inspiron-518/pd)
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20 GHz
Memory(RAM): 3.00 GB
System type: 32-bit
Operating System: Vista
**Also I just recently installed an Asus 5450 Silent Video Card
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=465391&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&cm_mmc_o =mH4CjC7BBTkwCjCV1-CjCE&gclid=CPiv-6DAsK0CFSwBQAodhxezkw

edenechoes

01-01-2012

You won't be able to play SW:TOR on that system without punching your desk in frustration. Your system has reached the point where both a CPU and GPU upgrade are impractical. It's unlikely that upgrading either would let you play SW:TOR anyways.

If you wanted to try anyways then upgrade your GPU first. If that doesn't work you're probably SOL.

Dobagoh

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by edenechoes View Post
You won't be able to play SW:TOR on that system without punching your desk in frustration. Your system has reached the point where both a CPU and GPU upgrade are impractical. It's unlikely that upgrading either would let you play SW:TOR anyways.

If you wanted to try anyways then upgrade your GPU first. If that doesn't work you're probably SOL.
GPU isn't going to do ****e, swtor basically needs a quad core to run properly.

edenechoes

01-02-2012

Not surprising. You're SOL then, OP. Time for a new rig.