help me out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AtomicFlounder

01-01-2012

im about to get this new graphics card for my pc http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130593&Tpk=EVGA%20012-P3-1570-AR%20GeForce%20GTX%20570%20%28Fermi%29%201280MB
but the ports on it are dvi-i the ports in my pc for the card are dvi-d how could i get this working ive looked at alot of other cards and they just have dvi-i to anyone hook me up with a link of a adapter or something please
thanks

Gorbie Jr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Its kind of unclear what you are having issue with. The onlything that would make the card not compatible with the rest of your computer is if your motherboard did not have a PCI-E slot.

The type of port for video output on the card should not effect anything.

AtomicFlounder

01-01-2012

it affects it if it doesnt fit....

AtomicFlounder

01-01-2012

dvi and dvi-d are totally diffrent prongs and stuff it will not fit ive tryed to use a dvi monitor for this pc with the 2 dvi-d ports on the back and it didnt work had to get a dvi-d monitor

AtomicFlounder

01-01-2012

bump

Gorbie Jr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

DVI-I is just DVI-D (digtal) + DVI-A (analogue)

So DVI-I, DVI-D and DVI-A cables will all work in a DVI-I socket.

Therefore if your monitor has a DVI-D socket all you need is a DVI-D to DVI-D cables as you only need the digital (DVI-D) part of the DVI-I socket.

Gorbie Jr

01-01-2012

Do you not have google? A 2 second search will net you with anything you need.

http://www.thenerds.net/TRIPP_LITE.Tripp_Lite_Dual_Link_DVI_D_Male_to_DVI_ I_Female_Adapter.P118000.html?affid=8&gclid=CKr23e qzsK0CFWmhtgoddE0DnA