A new razor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Hi there

So I'm 17 in 2 weeks and I've decided that I'm reaching the age where I might want to get a new razor since my old manual one doesn't always cut it.

Now I was thinking of the Gillette Fusion Proglide razor, but I was wondering if anybody knew about them. I don't know if I should go for the manual or vibrating (which seems weird for a semi-manual razor o-o).
But yeah. I just need advice and/or opinions on if its a smart choice or if there are far superior razors out there.

Thanks

Dragoeth

01-01-2012

Vibrating razors = marketing ploy. They're completely pointless. Plain old Gillette fusion is what I use and I have sensitive skin and it works great. They are certainly on the more expensive side however I've been using them for a year now and even after going through basic and AIT where I had to shave every day for 4 months straight, I've never even had so much as one razor bump.

Also what shaving cream you use is important. I use Gillette sensitive skin shaving gel.

Vorkon

01-01-2012

Lol

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoeth View Post
Vibrating razors = marketing ploy. They're completely pointless. Plain old Gillette fusion is what I use and I have sensitive skin and it works great. They are certainly on the more expensive side however I've been using them for a year now and even after going through basic and AIT where I had to shave every day for 4 months straight, I've never even had so much as one razor bump.

Also what shaving cream you use is important. I use Gillette sensitive skin shaving gel.
Thanks

I was thinking "why would you NEED a vibrating razor", but meh. I'm used to using a manual razor anyway.

Epsilon2012

01-02-2012

If your facial hair doesn't grow fast and if your careful, good quality razors are unnecessary.

-I'm also 17 and only shave when I have wrestling meets...I get by with cheap throw aways

Zeboym

01-02-2012

Cheap throw aways irritate my skin BAD. I actually use the exact same that Dragoeth mentioned. Works wonderful.

Elan Tedronai

01-02-2012

I use the orange Gillettes. I think that's the Fusion. They're expensive but last forever. I shave 2-3 times a week and they last months.

DeutschMaster

01-02-2012

I suggest using throw aways, or ones with replaceable heads. I've never used one of the electric vibrating one, but I heard they get dirty, are hard to clean, and easily leave bumps.

If you're wanting something really long lasting then you should go for a shaving blade. When I started shaving I used my older brothers, and it left me feeling smooth as a baby. Do be advised that you can cut yourself really bad if you're not careful though.

Zeboym

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
I use the orange Gillettes. I think that's the Fusion. They're expensive but last forever. I shave 2-3 times a week and they last months.
I don't quite understand the advertising they have on those. It specifically says "Throw away when the green strip turns white!" but after one shave, the **** thing is white but the blade is sharp..

:l When to throw away..

Elan Tedronai

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboym View Post
I don't quite understand the advertising they have on those. It specifically says "Throw away when the green strip turns white!" but after one shave, the **** thing is white but the blade is sharp..

:l When to throw away..
I throw mine away when it starts hurting. I shave right after I get out of the shower without drying my face. The shower will really soften your hair so if you don't dry it before you shave it will stay soft and easy to shave.