Hybrid Penetration Runes on Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emeraldw

01-01-2012

Hybrid, because I do not share.

I mean, she does a significant amount of magical damage from her W and E (I would also include wit's end as it is a very common item on her). Further, you could then even go into the magic pen mastery, making almost all her damage about as close to true as you can get. Her E already strips some armor as well.

I haven't gotten them yet but I was thinking about the above. Anyone else have some thoughts on it?

Fierach

01-01-2012

Could work. Hybrid runes are, actually, very effective, if a bit expensive.

Pompy The Pig

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

I dono, imo attack speed (only talking about marks here) would be better because they'll prolong her abilites more if you're jungling.

I guess maybe toplane, but still, I'd prefer attack speed.

Dunno about quints though.

Phrixscreoth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

I was toying with the idea myself. I can't count the number of times I've been disabled with my burnout on and that's saved the day for me, but I don't have the IP to spare right now to get a set. Even still, I currently I run a 6/3 Attack Speed/Armor Pen set of marks on her and that works pretty nicely.

Aidan M xD

01-01-2012

Mmmm... double penetration on Shyvana...

Emeraldw

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan M xD View Post
Mmmm... double penetration on Shyvana...
I don't know about you but I do not share my ladies. Also, old joke.

So I read some more guides on shyv. They all go Arp and do not even discuss the option. Some even try for the cdr in the offense tree but not the mpen.

I really cannot see why she is not an ideal candidate for these runes.

Emeraldw

01-01-2012

I think I might go ahead and give it a try. I am sure they will be useful later.

But more importantly, why do you guys use AS runes on her? The only ability that benefits from additional AS is her Q. Her W stays up the full 6 seconds with just base AS.

Phrixscreoth

01-01-2012

Because when in dragon form, she gains fury by attacks. The more attacks you make, the more fury she builds, the longer dragon form lasts.

Also when you aren't in dragon form, it comes up faster the more attacks you make. It's saved my life a couple times.

Emeraldw

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrixscreoth View Post
Because when in dragon form, she gains fury by attacks. The more attacks you make, the more fury she builds, the longer dragon form lasts.

Also when you aren't in dragon form, it comes up faster the more attacks you make. It's saved my life a couple times.
I'm still not sure that warrants using up rune slots and runes generally are to help your early game but AS does scale well. Especially sine your likely to only build one AS item.

I wish there was an easy way to test these that doesn't involve spending tons of IP.

Dalkaen

01-01-2012

Well, I have the destruction marks, but I can't seem to find a good way to fit them into a Shyvana rune page. I do wanna test them out though.