I might sound like a noob here but..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Calu

12-28-2011

What is smartcasting? How do you activate it? What does it do? Im a level 30 summoner and I never wondered what it was until now.

SYMBÖLIC

12-28-2011

its the only way to play

when u r in game go to your keybindings and u can change it there

press esc to get there

Seanzzie

12-28-2011

I wouldn't say it's the only way to play, but it definately makes a lot of characters easier. Take annie for example, you can burst a lot faster using smartcasting because you don't have to take time between spells to click. But on someone with skillshots like ezrael I would prefer to have regular casting on so you can line up your spells a bit better.

Rezou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2011

This allows to cast a spell which usually requires two actions (keyboard key + click) in one action.
Instead of activating the spell and then chose where to land it, it will automatically be cast wherever your mouse cursor is.
Or so I believe as I've never tested it.

forfaden

12-28-2011

i changed all my key bindings for smart casting for q-e

i left r because missing that is way too big of a deal then missing a q

Swg

Recruiter

12-28-2011

I smart cast qwerdf

and use smart cast on items aswell!

once u try it u cant go back haha

SYMBÖLIC

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkex View Post
I smart cast qwerdf

and use smart cast on items aswell!

once u try it u cant go back haha

yep

Sam

12-28-2011

Put your mouse over them and QWER and they'll activate without the targetting system.

Caislean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzzie View Post
I wouldn't say it's the only way to play, but it definately makes a lot of characters easier. Take annie for example, you can burst a lot faster using smartcasting because you don't have to take time between spells to click. But on someone with skillshots like ezrael I would prefer to have regular casting on so you can line up your spells a bit better.
If anybody wants to use smartcast, but also wants to see the range of their spells, I have a little guide that'll let you do that. It lets you hold the key to see the range indicator, and casts when you release. You can cancel the cast by right-clicking while still holding the key, like with a normal cast.*******http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq124/lucky57961/1324333130321.png********

Neoman321

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzzie View Post
but once you learn Ezreal smart cast makes it so much easier