Critique this hybrid Ezreal build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soup Miner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Maybe it's smart, maybe it's the dumbest build ever. I'm confused. With this build, I open fights with W+Q combo, followed up by autoattacks and Q whenever I can.

Runes:
-Armor pen reds
-Armor yellows
-Mag res/lvl blues
-Armor pen quints

Masteries:
25/3/2
Offense: Brute force, alacrity, sorcery, weapon expertise, arcane knowledge, vampirism, blast, sunder, and executioner.
Which means no points in: mental force, havoc, deadliness, or archmage.
Defense: 3 points in hardiness
Utility: 2 points in good hands for the hell of it.

Before items:
31 armor pen, 3AD, 4%AS, 4%CDR, 10% armor/mag pen, 3% lifesteal, 1AP/lvl
19 armor, 1.35 mag res/lvl

Spells:
Level 1: Mystic shot
Level 2: Essence flux (or Arcane Shift if I feel I need it)
Level 3: Arcane shift (or Essence Flux if I already leveled E)
Max Essence Flux first, Mystic Shot second, and Arcane Shift last.

I max W first because you get 50 base damage per level vs Q's measly 20. Sheen literally adds more than 3 levels worth of damage to Q, and by then I can have 150 more base damage on W.

Core:
1. Dorans blade: 6% lifesteal right from the get-go and a handful of AD for easier last hits.
2. Charlie Sheen: To bring Q's level 1 damage up to par with maxing W first.
3. Sorc Boots: To get a grand total of 31 armor pen, 20 magic pen, and another 10% in both. I figure Q can be my CDR.
4. Bloodthirster/2 BF swords: For loads of cost-efficient AD.
5. Deathcap: For loads of cost-efficient AP.
6. Negatron Cloak: To make up for having no MR. I buy whenever I feel like I need it.

Total cost before potions/wards: 10175
Total cost with BF swords instead of BT: 10237 (sold Doran's)
I finish off Triforce and Banshee's Veil if there's gold to spare by the end of the game.

So it's a little bit of a glass cannon.
I don't run with Rageblade+Gunblade because I don't feel like they offer nearly as much raw offensive power as Bloodthirster+Deathcap for roughly the same price.

What's the verdict?

Morphantom

01-02-2012

I usually get gunblade so i can u its active for the slow and extra damage. I hate how he has no slow or stun so if you dont build a gunblade i either get a scepter or ice mallet for slows in order to chase well.
I feel like Gunblade is the best though, you get spellvamp and lifesteal a good amount of ap and ad. My build is usually this:
Dorans Ring, better for early lane, able to spam Q better.
Most likely berserk for attack speed
Hextek Revolver for early spell vamp/Or Brutalizer
BF sword/turn either into bloodthirster or Black Cleaver
Finish Gunblade
Deathcap
Than i kinda mix it up either health, or some attack speed.
Or sell dorans and get lich or trinity
It varies if i go more ap or ad. But i find gunblade most viable for hybrid.

Carados

01-02-2012

Your hybrid Ezreal.

Critiqued. It's a bad idea. You deal more damage and are more secure with a straight AD build, and as a bonus, you lane better.

21/9/0 like every melee carry, Trinity Force, Bloodthirster, Last Whisper, and so on as needed.

ikillutwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2012

Change boots and no deathcap and you can AD carry much better, also for masties it's really nice to have the defensive hp boost that is early in the tree

infinite azure

01-03-2012

This is not the way to go about hybrid, you don't get cost efficient AD AND AP by building big items of both. Rageblade is super cost efficient, 40% AS, 45-93AP, 35 AD for a bit over 2k, gunblade is mildly cost efficient since the nerf, but far less so, both together though, are fairly strong.

specializing in a single stat though, works better given how the stats interact. AP-Raba, lichbane AD-....BT, BC, IE, PD, trinity, manamune.... ez can really do whatever he wants with AD items