How does one get good at LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheesytacos

01-01-2012

Other than practicing basic skills such as last-hitting, I can do that like a champ. I know how to ward, but that only protects my lane and nobody else uses wards because wards are too mainstream, causing them to die and make me suck more.

I suck at fighting other champions. How to fix? Other than Co-op vs. AI, I've played that enough to know how to counter the very few champions that are in that. Which defensive items are the best against AP and which are best against AD? Cost effective, of course. I know specific items I can use to counter specific champions, but I just need some nice items to not get blown up by AD/AP in general.

Hobden

01-01-2012

Watch streams copy what they do go up elo.

thats what I did. 1250-1520 in like 50 games

Outworld

01-01-2012

Watch streams and realize the good things they do and the bad things they do. Then translate what you saw to what you do and be logical. If you mess up, ask yourself "Why" and also what could have you have done better/not done.

Learning every role is also good

Dolittle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-01-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1479944

Mik3r

01-01-2012

www.realelohell.wordpress.com

Is a good read for trying to improve your game. I highly recommend it.

Irongrinder

01-01-2012

Choose a champion, preferebly your favorite champion.

Master him/her. Know the ins and outs, recognize his AP ratios (no need for specifics, just understand "what" does "how much damage"), search for advanced strategies, and practice with him/her.

Ask to play him/her in-game. If you can't choose him/her, that's tough squash, but specialization is a good idea.

At the very least, know how to play 1-2 champions in each role. Take me, for example:

Tank: Alistar, Maokai
Solo-Top: Yorick, Mordekaiser
AP Carry: Brand, Veigar, Malzahar, currently in the process of mastering Xerath and Viktor
Support: Zilean, Alistar, Blitzcrank (sort of)
Jungler: I admit freely, I can't jungle to save my life.
Carry: Olaf

If in absolute doubt, get attack damage runes to help you with last-hitting. It's expensive in some regards, but they may come in handy for later builds...or they'll just help in general.

gara911

08-14-2012

You should also learn to build your champ(s) better. You said that you need magic rez and armor items, you could get thornmail against an ad but if you are an ap champ zhonya's hourglass would be a better item in my opinion. There isn't like one good item, because it has to correspond to your champ.

RageKilling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

You play Doto then you uninstall this

Shillonii

11-16-2013

Ikr

Hamady3

11-16-2013

well. For me and other soldiers stationed in the middle east, Attack moving is something impossible to do perfectly. Sure i can right click and click away, but it's never going to be smooth. It's also impossible for me to do a perfect orianna Q - W combo or use Lux's E as soon as it lands, since there's always going to be a 0.3 second delay no matter what i do. That's just me though. Kind of pisses me off when i see riot release 5 servers for the same region while entire continents go un noticed.