Just a Word of Advice to "Stacked" Teams

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2010

Cho'gath, Evelynn, Morganna, Warwick, Soraka

vs

Xin Zhao, Malphite, Poppy, Jax, and Singed

Guess who won? Don't be stupid with your pre-made line-up.

Randomyzed

07-14-2010

yay for all melee XD

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomyzed View Post
yay for all melee XD
Well at first we were like "**** this will hurt"

Because they were all hard carries/tanks.

It did hurt at first. But our team played smart and started winning team fights. Cho'gath ate well this day.

Revyre

07-14-2010

Man, you are so cool. I wish I was also as cool as you.

Randomyzed

07-15-2010

well i remember when i had my team as shaco/jax/akali(me)/mundo and another melee i cant quite remember... lot of hard gankers and we actually won that game XD

Matuk

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revyre View Post
Man, you are so cool. I wish I was also as cool as you.
It wasn't about bragging about my Cho'gath. I honestly don't feel I'm that great with Cho.

I would just like to point out to the scrubs who play this game that an entire team of carries will not fly in a high-ELO match.

zAPPzAPP

07-15-2010

So they didnt ban Soraka and lost?

gunsharp

07-15-2010

Those are both terrible comps.

Matuk

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zAPPzAPP View Post
So they didnt ban Soraka and lost?
Admittedly, it wasn't a rated game. But I'm pretty sure they were a premade normal, since we were as well. And, well...

Who the hell sends Jax mid against Soraka at my ELO when they don't know what they're doing?

Don't get me wrong, the other team wasn't worthless. We actually had a hard time for a while, but we managed to turn it around when Cho, WW, and Soraka got strong with farming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsharp View Post
Those are both terrible comps.
Cho'gath is one of the best tanks in the league, despite not being able to charge-initiate the way Amumu and Malph can. Soraka is the top ban pick because of her heals.
Morganna is one of the highest tier casters due to her root and her ult.
Warwick was VERY much needed on the team, despite being a low-tier champion. Once he got enough lifesteal, he was the real focus of our team because he couldn't die even as squishy as he was, he had Bloodrazor to counter their high HP, and his ult disabled one guy for us to insta-gib. (Hell, he once got a triple kill when their team took out everybody but Cho and WW...and it became an ace when I ran back in to Rupture their last man standing)
The only bad pick on the team was really Evelynn, who actually had the most kills of all of us, because she was actually a good Eve.

And because I was a smart enough tank to help feed her kills. If Eve plays with a team that understands how she works, they will know to help feed her at least some kills so she can really dominate the late game.

The team had everything a team could ask for, really. Morganna with CC and burst, Soraka with heal-support, Eve with single-target gankage, WW with DPS staying power, Cho'gath with CC-tankage...
We could have had a better carry than WW, and a better ganker than Eve (Zhao and Akali come to mind, though even Akali is a pretty terrible pick lately), but that's it.

Whatev

07-15-2010

So basically, you were able to infer that they were also premade because the matchmaking system in this game is exceptionally good at matching you up with opponents who are at the same level of skill and organization as you are.