Why you shouldn't try to Back Door early.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnyOtherEnemy

01-07-2012

Because it never, ever works until at least like 10 minutes in. The spawn times are too short and the mid/bot points are too close to fountain. If you try it at the beginning, you always end up doing the following:

1. Decap bot or mid.
2. Enemy team takes windmill since you're not there and it's 4v3 or whatever.
3. Enemy from fountain interupts your cap of bot/mid.
4. More enemies show up and you're forced to leave and bot/mid get re-capped.

In the end you lose points and you hurt your team.

Nunkuruji

01-07-2012

You forget everyone is not running boots2+ at the early game. Like any strategy, situational.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

Thats strange.

So many times I have ganked bot, capped it, held it, then we recapped top, got a 4cap until we lost bot, and ended up ahead.

maybe your just doing it wrong.

Its called situational awareness

Stutta Step

01-07-2012

Very good point i hope alot of people see this, its a very valid point.

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

I agree with wolf. You can not say you should never do something, because there will always be exceptions. Like if the enemy goes 4 to bot to try and gank, which does happen occassionally, would you walk all the way from top to bot and may or may not save the point or just go cap the enemy mid?

In the end, it depends on the situation at hand

Stimuz

01-07-2012

If nothing else its an easy +100g, although recapping it is the same. Course, that early gold is more valuable on some champs who leap up in power off their first big purchase.

larkhill

01-07-2012

if the enemy team has a support going top, u can easily backdoor their mid and win the 3v4.

plus, the early backdoor forces the enemy to scramble to fix it. that distracts them and they usually panic and die. hell, ive seen it where the bot lane panics and dies from not paying attention to his own lane.

The LORD saves

01-07-2012

Situational.

If your team top has mid and late game champs with not as much poke as the enemy, you work out with your team ahead of time to back door taking away their advantage.

Best way I've seen to do it is if your mid goes to their mid, especially if it's a strong solo champ.