OP Heimerdinger is OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omnifacetious

07-14-2010

And the reason that OP Heimerdinger is OP, as noted in the title of this thread, is that his skills scale too well. 1 dmg on his turrets to every 4 AP? Seriously? With players regularly getting well over 400 AP a game? That means that he can spawn 3 independent sources of damage that deal over 160 dmg a shot, starting, with good attack speed and getting +1 more damage every 7 shots. And, if I understand this correctly, with Heimerdinger at level 18, the turrets spawn with 638 life (260 + 21 x level).

My suggestion to fix this: 1 dmg for every 10 AP. This way, with a player hitting, say, 500 AP, the turrets end up starting at 110 damage, rather than 185.

Second, his concussion grenade. The fact that Heimerdinger can toss a grenade from, say, behind bushes, to snipe at towers without being targeted and actually hurt the towers is unfairly good. With + .55 dmg per AP, or, 1 dmg per 1.818... AP, using my previous example of 500 AP and lvl 5 dmg of 300, that nuke can hit for 575 in an aoe, blinding and stunning heroes, and hitting towers for 287 dmg (if, from what I understand is true, that the grenade does half damage to buildings). A skill that hits towers from a generally untargetable area with a skill for more than most DPS can hit in one shot is not a fair skill.

Solution: remove the ability to damage buildings with it at all, and reduce the stun duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.

Finally, his last OP ability, his passive, Techmaturgical Repair Bots. The only OP part is that it heals towers. That's unfair in that he has the highest turtling capacity in the game and can just sit and heal any damage anyone manages to somehow do to the tower back in a matter of a few minutes.

Solution: make it not heal towers, of have a severely reduced heal, like 1/5 the effect of heroes and his evolution turrets.

On a completely separate note, the growth of Techmaturgical Repair Bots annoys the **** out of me: 6 -> 12 (+6) -> 16 (+4) -> 22 (+6)... why the plus 4 instead of 6?

Now, I recognize that Heimerdinger is one of the harder champions to learn to play effectively, but he constantly ruins games, and my only relief in this is that he will (probably) always be banned in ranked matches. That means that whenever I play ranked matches, which probably won't be often, I won't have to deal with him, but on the flip side, I can't expect to not see a Heimerdinger whenever I try to learn new heroes in non-ranked games.

DelftKpi

07-15-2010

Everybody can QQ on me.. But he Defintly is.. Like im with a tank/ap Build nunu.. He has 2k health.. and wanted to ult heimer.. heimer had like 150 AP.. And his turrets had nunu down in no sec..

Why those turrets Scale on AP? they shouldnt.. they r way to strong.. and cant u make like they will vanish after couple of secs.. :S

Humanbomb

07-15-2010

... 1st.. his turrets... They dont do that much dmg... and any champion mid-late game can push out 600 dmg easy.. go in with the creep wave... dodge his bomb.. then kill the turret. 1 dmg per 7 shots... yes... but dude... that means that heimer is both a immovable object for you.. and himself. He cannot run and gank like many other heroes can. He cannot survive in a hard push without his allies, unless ofc you let him set up his three 150 dmg turrets..

Grenade has been nerfed... at lv. 1 it does 80.. +ap, i hit the turret with it.. it did 23 dmg.. thats way less then any ranged. at lv. 5 of it with 300 dmg it will hit for like 70 dmg.. how is that so imba? Turrets are better imo!!..

His passive is to make him have som more survivalbillety.. if heimer meets a good ranged harasser in mid... ashe, annie, sivir.. to name three.. his turrets go down easy.. and he is mostly a free kill...

L2P Before Whine pls!

DelftKpi

07-15-2010

His turrets dont deal much damage?.. Like some caster thinks in mid he can beat him cuz hes squishy.. they go in and they die easy by those turrets.. Heimer gets enough AP and they deal 100 p/shot at level 10.. with attack speed os 1,250
Way tooooooooo strong

Humanbomb

07-15-2010

Okay lets look at this... Compared to ... hmmm Kog'maw.. Hes a caster? Hes Squishy? ...
He can easily get 160 dmg on a a 1.3 basis.. thats the same dmg a heimer + his turret does... (assuming hes not that stupid that he lets heimer turtle himself in with 3 turrets... noone should).. Now .. lets look at abilleties.. heimer got 2 dmg abilleties.. 1 is skillshot.. 1 is "skill"shot.. meaning he needs to plan his rockets to hit...
Kog'maw.. he got 4 dmg abilleties.. 2 skillshot.. like heimer... one just as slow... the other 1 sec then BOOM.. 1 that increase his range.. and 1 that his on hit skill... if he combines.. Q,E,R on turrets of heimer,... they do go down... heimer is left solo.. he casts another turret... makes 1 of em... maaaybe hits with his grenade and rockets.,.. hes incapable to do anything for 6-8 seconds!.. kogmaw.. he maybe hits with E and R.. his combo.. runs in with Q and hits W to finnish heimer off... he Outdps heimer EASY!.. This is just one of MANY examples...

Shiria

07-15-2010

Lets make heimer useless.
He raped me in last game.
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

sildan

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelftKpi View Post
His turrets dont deal much damage?.. Like some caster thinks in mid he can beat him cuz hes squishy.. they go in and they die easy by those turrets.. Heimer gets enough AP and they deal 100 p/shot at level 10.. with attack speed os 1,250
Way tooooooooo strong
You have a flawed argument, when you involve a caster rushing toward Heimerdinger. If you are caster, then you keep out of range and destroy his turrets and harass him, then finish him off with one of your skill combos or the easy ranged auto attack, but that is if he gets low hp of course.

DoransTroll

07-15-2010

Hehe. I knew I was gonna see a thread like this.

Heim is noobbash. There's a reason people don't really care much about him at the end of preseason. He is strong--but he's not nearly as much of a threat in ranked matches compared to solo Q.

He's great against unorganized team and people who don't know how to commit, or use a tank effectively. Against newcomers, Heimer absolutely destroy everyone. Against players who know what they're doing--he has ok early game, very very strong late game (if it ever gets over 40min), but really slows down mid game.

Also, he doesn't heal towers. He only heal his own turrets if he's around them (they do not regenerate HP otherwise).

A lot of champs have skillshots that can be fired from behind bushes, etc. The great part about these spells are that they do not need to be targeted. Corki and Karthus has much scarier ones, because it also reveals the area, showing them precisely if someone is hiding there.

Turrets do deal pretty hefty damage if they focused on a single target. They also fire a lot faster when they were first thrown down. However, they are stupid--they will shoot whatever is close by, so a smart use of creep wave lets you take the turrets easily.
You have to realize that not every champ has equally easy time against Heimer. Trist will outrange his turrets. So will Kennen, Karthus, and Ez. Ashe can bring them down quick (if AP build), and Sivir can use bouncy glaive to bring 'em down too. Overall, try to put a ranged champ against him. Just be sure to back up if Heimer rushes you (or better yet, move to the side to avoid grenade). If he levels grenade, you have a free reign on him. If he levels the missile--that's when you know you're up against a good Heimer.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they reduce the splash damage. Keep the same direct damage, but make it only splash for 50 to 75% would be plenty.

Heiwing

07-15-2010

Heimer turrets aren't that powerfull, you can easily get them down with a distance (any champ with a long range attack / skill can destroy them, hi kog maw, ashe, tristana, corki, gragas, mundo, janna, malzahar, kennen.......).

Heimer is OP because his push ability are WAY to good. He can destroy several tower alone, and this give to his team a FABULOUS advantage of gold / experience (100gold per tower and nice exp, gg).

Tbh I find Heimer completly different from other champion. Unless you go in his turrets, he is completly useless in teamfight and he will generaly keep pushing a lane while you're distracted by his 4 teammates. He surly need a rework in that way, something who allow him to cast turrets faster, so he can be of some use in team fight, and he should get nerfed damage on tower ( grenade shouldn't damage it).

My 2 cents.

silvthril

07-15-2010

Yes lets nerf Hiemer even more. Hey i have an idea lets give him 1 mana max huh? Any1 like?