I'd like to apologize...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sailor Cosmos

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingJoeNL View Post
Do you at least realise what you are doing? I too can post a link of someone else and say, see that's what I mean or want to be doing. In reality you are doing what you are compaigning against yourself.

How many times have you had to explain your behaviour? A lot. Does that mean nobody gets your how you really mean it, or you are not doing what you think you are?

How effective do you think the way you are going about it can be?

Changing peoples bad behaviour by setting an example of bad behaviour. Good luck with that.
Why would I post something when there's already a post on it and I can just link it? It's not that I read his blog post and suddenly agreed. I already knew everything he said.

It's also in the blog how these type of men refuse to see their behavior as sexist until something (like a girlfriend) drastic opens their eyes.

SmokingJoeNL

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
Why would I post something when there's already a post on it and I can just link it? It's not that I read his blog post and suddenly agreed. I already knew everything he said.

It's also in the blog how these type of men refuse to see their behavior as sexist until something (like a girlfriend) drastic opens their eyes.
I've been trying to talk about your behaviour. You prove to be oblivious. Keep hating I'd say.

Sailor Cosmos

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanimation View Post
I don't see why you had to go in-depth. I already understood what you were saying and you more or less just agreed with what I was saying. I already said I understand where you're coming from.

While I agree that women are more subjective to insults and jokes. I still believe both parties are at fault. I've seen my share of both disgraceful women and men, but do I hold their gender accountable? No, not really. I never really thought about it, but I don't think I do. In fact, I think I'm more disgusted with men than I am women.

But not everyone is the same and people should not be generalized by their gender. That article you linked? I couldn't read past the third section. It was so unbelievably biased I just ended up skipping to the conclusion. While I do see some truth behind what he was saying and some of the incidents that occurred, I believe those men as individuals were at fault and not men as a generalization.

Edit#1: And as a person or a "man," I prefer manual labor, so I wouldn't have an issue with your joke.
Men and women are both guilty for society's standards, and when something is pointed out that a woman does poorly, I admit it and take that information and avoid succumbing to it.

I also disagree with some of his commentary. It was a bit weird, but most of what he had to say was true.

Yes, there are women who do disgraceful things. One thing I don't think women should pressure onto men is paying for everything (unless she's a mutual housewife and can't afford things on her own), I also don't care for the idea of an engagement ring. I'd be fine with a Ring Pop, if he insisted. There is absolutely no need for him to dish out a fat wad of cash for an engagement ring. I also open doors for people. I also don't think women should be categorized with children when being prioritized in certain circumstances E.G. "Women and children" were the first to board lifeboats on the Titanic. I'd rather be thought of as equal value to a man, though we excel at different things.

There's absolutely no way for me to not sound offending to describe the type of men I'm talking about. Perhaps I should refer to them as strictly sexists, as I didn't think people would think I was talking about every single man in existence.

Lance Eliot

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingJoeNL View Post
Until you stop generalising and start treating people like individuals, I don't think you are ready for this world of equality you seem to be yearning for.
Wait, I agree with you? By the nine!

Dobagoh

01-01-2012

Why are you apologizing? I had a good time in that thread.

DeutschMaster

01-01-2012

Oh heyyyyyyyyyy I see Joe has already ruined your thread.

Lance Eliot

01-01-2012

Quote:
If you would read the URL I linked, it would shine light on what I'm talking about. There is extreme sexism against women. I'm not asking for men to kiss my feet. I'm just hoping to change the opinion of at least one person who does go to extremes when talking about women. Lots of men don't even realize their sexist behavior until they see the perspective through a woman's explanation of experience.

I know a couple of extremists on this forum in OT. Unfortunately, most of the sexism resides in GD, but I'm sure my thread would have been moved and it still has a possibility of reaching these types of men here.
Sexism exists because of negative stereotypes. By spreading negative stereotypes about men, you are also ruining your own image and the image of those you "speak for," thereby adding more fuel to the fire.

I do not dislike you, but you don't seem to understand that a lot of men are not what you have described and that poor judgement on the part of women is often to blame. No, they did not make their partner cheat on them..... in most cases. But the fact that they have betrayed you shows bad taste on your part when choosing them. How many "nice guys" have you turned down over the course of your life, only to go for someone immature? Probably a lot. And the result? You find out that bad guys are.... *gasps*..... bad.

It's not a one way street, either. Women also cheat. Women "gold dig" (and so do men in a few cases.) Stereotypes are unhealthy and are not helpful.

And you certainly shouldn't take the League of Legends forums as a sample group for humanity. If you haven't noticed, we have some awful people here.

Jesus the Friend

01-01-2012

You mean the obvious flame-bait thread was actually flame-bait?

Shocking.

Dragoeth

01-01-2012

Quote:
Secondly, women are biologically the nurturers and caretakers of children. Henceforth, a mother-bias should be understandable in custody cases because mothers give birth, breastfeed, and are typically "soft" and loving, which all have a huge impact on a child's upbringing.
No.

standin

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschMaster View Post
Oh heyyyyyyyyyy I see Joe has already ruined your thread.
The way to get Joe to stop ruining threads:
No one acknowledge him. He can't troll if he has no one who will listen to him insult them.